What are your preferred Graphical settings?

#1 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

I use to just run the game on high but I recently started trying out the lowest settings with models set to High, due to trying to run a stream.

Theres also a boosted framerate especially during massive battles....what settings do you guys choose?

#2 Posted by TheHBK (5488 posts) -

I choose awesome. 
But seriously though, just have everything high, except I have a taste for running with no AA.  Just makes gives me this funny feeling like, hey I am playing a computer game.  Feel AA is kinda not necessary sometimes with the high resolution and dont like some fuzziness going around.  Just my preference.

#3 Posted by Fallen189 (5020 posts) -

Minimum 'cause I'm on a laptop.30FPS ish

#4 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -

bump

#5 Posted by imsh_pl (3296 posts) -

I have mine set on Ultra, I think.

The awesome thing about SC II is that it looks incredibly on every setting better than low.

#6 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

Textures on Low 
Graphics on Medium

#7 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

I have it on Extreme, but that is only for 1v1s.

I can't play Extreme in anything higher than that, and I even lagged a little when my mothership popped in a 1v1.

#8 Posted by Wunder_ (1170 posts) -

Lowwwwwww

#9 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -
@Cataphract1014 said:
" I have it on Extreme, but that is only for 1v1s.  I can't play Extreme in anything higher than that, and I even lagged a little when my mothership popped in a 1v1. "
I thought the changes in the "Extreme" settings were only for the campaign.
#10 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" @Cataphract1014 said:
" I have it on Extreme, but that is only for 1v1s.  I can't play Extreme in anything higher than that, and I even lagged a little when my mothership popped in a 1v1. "
I thought the changes in the "Extreme" settings were only for the campaign. "
Oh, I have no idea.  I just turned it on and went with it.
#11 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I go... 
TO THE MAX

#12 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

Mostly High, with the CPU intensive settings toned down a bit. My CPU (Q8200) is definitely holding back my GTX460. It's a shame Starcraft 2 only uses 2 cores...

#13 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -

Ultra.

#14 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Extreme for 1v1, low for everything else.

#15 Posted by Dedodido (235 posts) -

Isn't this a bit of a silly thread? Every response is going to be "max I can play with". There's no intelligent discussion to be had (besides TheHBK's comment regarding AA).

#16 Posted by OtakuGamer (1243 posts) -
Low to medium, i want to have very high frame rates, especially for something thats super competitive.
#17 Posted by csl316 (8760 posts) -

On my old laptop I had everything on lowest settings.  I got a new one two weeks ago and now it's all ultra (and extreme).  Dude, death animations are awesome now!

#18 Edited by amir90 (2156 posts) -

The best settings as possible, but as long as the drivers like it (usually 50/50 chance).

BTW, why cannot I access AA? :/

edit: I have an ati card.

#19 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

Super Ultra awesome, why? cause i spent over £1000 on my desktop and i wanna c stuff in awesome quality :D

#20 Posted by perilator666 (471 posts) -

low. it makes everything easier to see.

#21 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Everything's ultra.  Fucking better be, because this computer cost me $1200.

#22 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

EXTREEEME

naw i play on low/medium usually. less random slowdowns.

#23 Posted by Harmonic (18 posts) -

I play on low. For me, it is easiest to diagnose situations quickly without all the flashy stuff.

#24 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

High, I can play on higher than that but I like a decent FPS.

It's only ever lagged in a 4 vs 4, when all armies were maxed and attacked.

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (15964 posts) -

Everything max at 1920x1200.

#26 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

everything set to the max

#27 Posted by Ben_H (3366 posts) -
@amir90 said:
" The best settings as possible, but as long as the drivers like it (usually 50/50 chance).  BTW, why cannot I access AA? :/  edit: I have an ati card. "
You have to force AA in Catalyst Control Center.  Keep in mind it is incredibly taxing, especially if there are lots of small units on screen. 

I run it on Ultra on my desktop unless I'm playing zerg.  I run it on low when I play zerg because I don't like how shiny the creep is. 

On my Mac I run it on lowest so it is super smooth.  I could run it on medium but it would have a few hiccups.
#28 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@Ben_H:  Thanks for the reply, I will try, but I am not optimistic, lol
#29 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1065 posts) -

Absolute minimum. ReTarDedFisHy does not want any possibility whatsoever of his PC lagging or skipping a beat during a battle.

#30 Edited by CountYourBlessings (167 posts) -

Everything max on 1920x1200 but SSAO off

#31 Posted by EkajArmstro (389 posts) -

I can run 1v1 on ultra, but just so I don't have to change for team games and to make sure I never lag I'm running everything on low except for I think shaders, because shaders on low makes it look like a cartoon and very different from any streams I watch. 

Also, because of my weird 16:10 monitor and the fact that I want to play in 16:9 my resolution is 1360x768. Better than 720p but worse than 1080p. I like to be different.

#32 Posted by Atom (205 posts) -

MBPro + OS X, so I'm stuck with Medium.  

High is doable, but the framerate isn't too great.

#33 Posted by Makula (59 posts) -

Ultra! 
SC II looks amazing in ultra settings.

#34 Posted by Wicked_Wumpus (174 posts) -

I leave mine on low because the Macbook Pro that I have can't handle much more when I'm using the lesser of its graphics cards. I hear the pros play on low because it gives the units a higher contrast to the environment and is less distracting than the higher settings with all kinds of particle effects and shadows.

#35 Posted by Helushune (215 posts) -

Ultra, 16xQSAA, 1920x1200.  The only time it'll bog down is at the end of a Tug of War match.
#36 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -
@Makula said:
" Ultra!  SC II looks amazing in ultra settings. "
TBH, anything above medium looks pretty sweet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.