What race do you play?

• 106 results
#1 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
#2 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I've looked and looked for a Race poll and I haven't found one.  So I took it upon myself to make the official SC2 Giant Bomb race poll.

Mods, sticky this please.  
#3 Posted by MisterDunlap (245 posts) -

I usually play Terran. That's what I've played since the beginning, and since everyone now plays Protoss, I have all the more reason to play them.

#4 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I forgot to say, I play Zerg.  Creep runs DEEP in my veins.  

#5 Posted by fr0stb1te (71 posts) -

For the Swarm!!

#6 Posted by Sweep (8869 posts) -

Toss for me. Tried Zerg and just found it overwhelming. Blink my way to victory :D

#7 Posted by Tinkertonk (4 posts) -

I roll Brotoss.

*Brofist*

#8 Posted by csl316 (8755 posts) -

Terran, since '99.

I gotta say that I've look at Protoss regularly since the release of SC2.  I just know that switching now would involve me getting demolished on the ladder, so I'm kind of discouraged.

But man, warping in a DT with a warp prism would be so friggin' bad ass...

#9 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@fr0stb1te said:
" For the Swarm!! "
We should hang out.
#10 Posted by TobbRobb (4663 posts) -
#11 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@TobbRobb said:
" For the Swarm! "
I haven't seen that before!  Jesus that is funny.  I feel like there should be a unit that screams like that when it is made.
#12 Posted by supermike6 (3565 posts) -

I usually play Zerg, but can also play Protoss pretty well. I want to get better at Terran so I can Random, but I just don't have the passion to play a lot of games as Terran. I wish there was a Random button for just Protoss/Zerg :P.

#13 Posted by DystopiaX (5313 posts) -

Protoss cause it's the easiest lol. Not like balance wise, but just mechanics is easier and when I was learning the game that's what I was looking for in a race. Zerg always looks so cool but I'm too lazy to race switch and relearn...maybe for HotS.

#14 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" Protoss cause it's the easiest lol. Not like balance wise, but just mechanics is easier and when I was learning the game that's what I was looking for in a race. Zerg always looks so cool but I'm too lazy to race switch and relearn...maybe for HotS. "
You should totally switch.  Being a zerg feels so good.  You know you want to.
#15 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

I am a proud Zerg turtler.

#16 Posted by DystopiaX (5313 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" Protoss cause it's the easiest lol. Not like balance wise, but just mechanics is easier and when I was learning the game that's what I was looking for in a race. Zerg always looks so cool but I'm too lazy to race switch and relearn...maybe for HotS. "
You should totally switch.  Being a zerg feels so good.  You know you want to. "
All the zergs I've met seem like the unhappiest people ever when playing the game. During game they're all stressed out cause there's so much shit to do, and out of game they spend all their time bitching about how the game is "imba"
#17 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @Kyreo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
You should totally switch.  Being a zerg feels so good.  You know you want to. "
All the zergs I've met seem like the unhappiest people ever when playing the game. During game they're all stressed out cause there's so much shit to do, and out of game they spend all their time bitching about how the game is "imba" "
The game is kind of imba in Terrans favor but I'm not one to bitch.  I am a happy zerg, I love being a zerg, and I love multitasking Queen injections, creep tumors, and fast expansions.  

Once again, you should join us.  We have banelings.
#18 Edited by DystopiaX (5313 posts) -
@Kyreo said:

" @DystopiaX said:

" @Kyreo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
All the zergs I've met seem like the unhappiest people ever when playing the game. During game they're all stressed out cause there's so much shit to do, and out of game they spend all their time bitching about how the game is "imba" "
The game is kind of imba in Terrans favor but I'm not one to bitch.  I am a happy zerg, I love being a zerg, and I love multitasking Queen injections, creep tumors, and fast expansions.  
"
I feel like it's more toss favored now and I play toss lol. Maybe just cause everyone on ladder PVT still goes marine/medivac and I just fast tech to collossus and autowin, but idk. People need to make ghosts more vP, that shit is ridiculous. Fuck Banelings, collossi beat everything.

Also, I don't want to have to raise my APM to keep up with multitasking...I play SC2 to relax, not to stress myself out more lol.
#19 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I never thought I would play Zerg after Starcraft where I mainly played Protoss, but I really enjoy playing Zerg in Starcraft II. Go figure.

#20 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @Kyreo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @Kyreo said:
" @DystopiaX said:

"
I feel like it's more toss favored now and I play toss lol. Maybe just cause everyone on ladder PVT still goes marine/medivac and I just fast tech to collossus and autowin, but idk. People need to make ghosts more vP, that shit is ridiculous.
Fuck Banelings, collossi beat everything.
"
Them's fightin words!  Add me!  Kyreo 639.  We're doing this!  >:3
#21 Edited by DystopiaX (5313 posts) -
@Kyreo said:

" @DystopiaX said:

" @Kyreo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @Kyreo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
"
I feel like it's more toss favored now and I play toss lol. Maybe just cause everyone on ladder PVT still goes marine/medivac and I just fast tech to collossus and autowin, but idk. People need to make ghosts more vP, that shit is ridiculous. Fuck Banelings, collossi beat everything.
"
Them's fightin words!  Add me!  Kyreo 639.  We're doing this!  >:3 "
I am not denying the awesomeness of Banelings. I'm also surprised you're not agreeing with me and bitching about Collossus right now lol.

edit- and you'd probably beat me no problem lol
#22 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -
@Kyreo:  There's no use, he cant be turned. he must be taught!
#23 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@Haru48 said:
" @Kyreo:  There's no use, he cant be turned. he must be taught! "
You a fellow believer?  Glad to know I'm not alone.
#24 Posted by Wunder_ (1170 posts) -
@Kyreo:  LOL, I love how you're stating it as if it's fact.
#25 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

Protoss.

I played Terran in the Beta and after release but decided to switch becuase I HATED TvZ. Now I'm hating PvZ. 
I HATE YOU ZERG!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
#26 Posted by onimonkii (2446 posts) -
@Wunder_ said:
" @Kyreo:  LOL, I love how you're stating it as if it's fact. "
it's all about confidence!
#27 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Random is the only acceptable answer. Anything else is a compromise. 

#28 Posted by Time_Lord (719 posts) -

Brotoss for life

#29 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

im protoss since ive been them since sc1. but i want to switch to terran. just dont want to get my ass destroyed while i practice

#30 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I roll random when I play Team Play. However, in 1v1, I play Terran.

#31 Posted by Ben_H (3366 posts) -

Protoss on my main account.  Random/Zerg on my second account.  Zerg is more fun than Protoss if you don't get cheesed, which they feel so much more susceptible to.  ZvT is so much fun.

#32 Posted by wchigo (559 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
"Creep runs DEEP in my veins.   "
... eww, you should maybe get that looked at. ;D

Protoss. I never played BW enough at a good enough level for my mechanics to be anything less than terrible, so I'm pretty bad at making sure I constantly produce units. Which is kind of the reason why Zerg and Protoss work out better for me, as they are slightly more lenient in that regard.

However, that doesn't stop me from rolling Random in team games, and dragging everyone down with me when I roll Zerg! :3
#33 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -

Protoss, but I really like playing Zerg so I play Zerg on 2v2 ladder, because points there aren't that important to me.

#34 Posted by imsh_pl (3296 posts) -

I think the last tournaments pretty much say which race is played the most.

Fuck I hate PvP.

#35 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Diamond zerg usually. However sometimes after a few beers I queue as toss and just 4gate everyone, it goes surprisingly well.

#36 Edited by Riddell (342 posts) -

Protoss, but I wouldn't mind switching to Zerg just so that I could be like Spanishiwa.

P.S. Can someone give me a list of pro Protoss players?
#37 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -
@Riddell said:
"
P.S. Can someone give me a list of pro Protoss players?
"

WhiteRa
MC
Inca
HoseoSan
Huk
Killer
INcontroL
KiwiKaki

off the top of my head. There are a lot more of course.
#38 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@imsh_pl said:
" I think the last tournaments pretty much say which race is played the most.Fuck I hate PvP. "
<3 :D
#39 Posted by imsh_pl (3296 posts) -
@raiz265: Oh God the blink.

The horror, the horror.
#40 Posted by Gamer_152 (14080 posts) -

Protoss. Terribly.

#41 Edited by Wicked_Wumpus (174 posts) -
@Kyreo:    
#42 Posted by Daveyo520 (6786 posts) -

Toss

#43 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@imsh_pl: I felt so fucking smart that moment! :D
#44 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

The only class I can win with is protoss.
Very good for a lazy gamer like me :)

#45 Posted by imsh_pl (3296 posts) -
@raiz265: Did you even have an expo? Or was the blink surprise attack your last attempt to win?
#46 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

Brotoss, coz I'm a total baller.

#47 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

I began playing with Terran, 'cos of the campaign and all. Switched to protoss because they got some cool stuff!

#48 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@imsh_pl: No expo, just some bumpy 3gate (or 4? can't remember) blinkstalker build, one minute later and i would've been fucked i think
#49 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -
@Kyreo:
For the Banelings

#50 Posted by MattSchwabby (118 posts) -

Random cause I'm a fucking boss

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.