Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Would there be a midnight release for SC ll?

TermlessHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TermlessHalo

Do you guys think such as gamestop, would do a midnight release for SC ll?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

HA. I doubt it. Gamestop hates PC games. I could be wrong though. Look at World of Warcraft. Anyways, I only say that because I pre-ordered MW2 on PC. Even though they did a midnight release for the game, they told me they don't get the PC version till the day after. So I cancelled it. Went to Best Buy in the morning.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Another topic said that in Best Buy's magazine, they said they're doing a midnight release for it, so I doubt it would be the only store.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

...wouldn't matter.  The game is completely locked out regardless if you get it early.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Midnight launch for a PC game. Chance would be a fine thing. Maybe in Korea.

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By zonerover

Even if I try to convince myself otherwise, there are too many people who would want to get this on Day 1 for there not to be a midnight release. If its happening at one store, surely others would follow if they weren't going to open otherwise.

Makula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Makula

I preordered SC2 from Amazon. So Amazon Prime will do it for me.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Hah, it just hit me that all of you lot should buy it at midnight so our Placement Games are easier.   

I have full intent on failing the 2v2 on purpose for Copper for easier achievements (as I did in Beta), and then acing my 1v1 for Gold+.  So please, all you new guys...buy ASAP and get online ASAP.   

Make life easier for us who have been playing SC for years, and for us who have been beta-ing.  No disrespect, and if you do fail your placements...know you'll have an easier time getting back on top.  :) 

EDIT:  I tested this out and got from full low-level copper to Gold in about 2 weeks, so it's easily do-able!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.