Zerg Tips & Pointers

#1 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

I recently made the switch from Terran to Zerg and wanted to get some input from fellow zerg duders. I know i can watch Day 9 and matches etc however, i just wanted to talk shop about the different zerg units, strategy and the like. The other day i got rocked by mass voids and i went mass corrupters, i know there aren't any hard counters in SC2 but i felt like since i built the sole unit for AA would have done the trick. Also do you tend to go 8 spawn pool, or 9 overlord 13-15 early hatchery?

#2 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

When i play zerg I like to go 15 hatch most of the time i can get away with it but it depends on the map. on small maps it better to go pool first.

#3 Posted by Grimluck343 (1146 posts) -

Watch dApollo's zerg tutorial videos on YouTube. I learned a whole lot about how to play Zerg just by watching those four videos.

#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
#5 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

Do any of you guys use infestors? If so what are they best to use against unit wise?

#6 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

Make more zerglings, they're so cost efficient and fast if you wanna counter attack.

Also, infestors are good against anything. Good to stall.

#7 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1426 posts) -

As a rule, you shouldn't let a Protoss get to mass void rays as it's one of the deadliest things in existence. The only time i tried to fight it was in a FFA with mass hydras (we were the last 2 dudes) and it didn't work out well.

Anyway, commonly you make an overlord on 9 (or you make one at 10 and do an extractor trick.) Pool on 13 is usually safe, but on big maps you can go 15 hatch, 15 pool. The key is to know when to make drones and when to make army units. Zerg can switch between pumping economy and creating an army extremely quickly, however if you make a full round of drones right as your opponent moves out or knocks at your front door, you're screwed.

As for control groups, everyone has their own way of doing it, but I group all my hatches on 4, all my queens on 5 and cycle through the bases for injects.

#8 Posted by RespectTheNerd (17 posts) -

best unit against mass voids are mutas because of the speed so u can back of before they start charging up plus the spread damage the mutas do are amazinga against bunched up voids.
when it comes to infestors in zvz they are always good just make sure to scout for mutas as u lose alot of map control going infestors insteed but on the plus side u can pretty much win any fight with roaches and infestors.
 in zvt they are really effective against bio just make sure to avoid the siege tanks and against mech i think the infessted terans are priceless
and finally in zvp i think roach/infestor still is pretty standard now but i preffer to play muta/ling bling as i am more off a counter attack player.

as for general openers i normally go 15 pool 15 hatch against terran and protoss and 14pool against zerg 
and my friends all complain about 4gate when they play zerg so might as well add that u need atleast 2spines with ur lings if u are deffending against a 4gate. 
if u play on the eu server just send a message if u are wondering about anything else :P gl hf

#9 Edited by csl316 (7963 posts) -
@The_Drizzle said:

Do any of you guys use infestors? If so what are they best to use against unit wise?

Infestors are pretty devastating all around.  Against Terran, they're a fine choice against a bio army, as fungal growth takes down infantry at the drop of a hat.  Then there's neural parasite against thors or tanks, which is both annoying AND useful!  Against protoss, neural is nice for colossi or immortals, and fungal can keep a stalker army from blinking around or phoenixes from being a pain in the ass.  And against zerg, they're handy against roaches and muta harass.  Don't forget about the bonus against armor, either.

Plus, if you have brood lords, a fungal will cut off any retreat.  Makes banelings more useful, too.  And finally, infested terrans are good when you need to hold a position, and a mass of them can take down expansions pretty handily if used right.  Good times had by all.

Haven't been watching much pro SC lately, but infestors have been decisive in the past hundreds of times.
#10 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

The best counter to mass void rays is scouting. You should generally be able to hold them off with Queens. If their numbers get so high that you can't, you've been too passive and you've allowed your opponent to get that critical mass.

When it comes to openings, the generally accepted standard openings are these:

ZvT: 15 Hatch/(14/15/16 pool, depends on how safe you want to be)

ZvP: 14/15 pool and after you make a hatch ASAP.

ZvZ: a lot of different options here really. The safest build is 14pool/14 gas, however hatch first and 7 pools are also viable.

If you want more/better advice, you should post a replay. Can't really give a whole lot of advice in a vacuum.

#11 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Lol yeah, you would think a unit only able to shoot air would be pretty good against them. Corrupters are only really good against Carriers. Best air defense is infestor. Spam fungal + infested Terran ([Shift + T] to spam infested Terran. If there's too much air, you'll have to make hydras too.

Infestor is really good vs Terran bio. You can use fungal to replace banlings. They used to be good against protoss too, but they got nerfed hard since the last patch. Best place for them vs toss now is anti air or fungal blink stalkers to hold them in place. If toss has a lot of sentries, sometimes you can catch them with fungal growth (FUNGAL TILL DEAD). Vs zerg again they're good anti air. As soon as you see someone going muta, you need to prepare making infestors. Fungal is also decent strategy to use vs a roach army. Don't use it for just damage; use it to get a better position vs the enemy army. If you can sneak infestors past enemy lines, infested terran bombs destroy static defenses and structure. They're really cost efficient if you can keep them alive.

Um good luck...

#12 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

Would anyone be willing to do some 2v2? The GB chat has been dead, I've yet to see more than one person in there at a time.

#13 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Haven't played SC2 but I lived the Zerg in SC. I would pump the zerglings out then bury them in the grown all over the map to clear the fog of war. I would surround my opponents base camp with burried zerglings. I'd wait for a big attack then unearth some a sweep their base. SC, one of the few reasons I DO miss PC gaming at times.

#14 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Are you on EU or AM? I'm up for some 2v2 let me know when.

#15 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

@haffy said:

Are you on EU or AM? I'm up for some 2v2 let me know when.

AM ( im assuming this means "american"? excuse my ignorance) and im on right now duder

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Dumb question, but is there a specific placement for Overlords in the early game in non ZvZ matches? I usually just place 2 Overlords at the natural.

#17 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Dumb question, but is there a specific placement for Overlords in the early game in non ZvZ matches? I usually just place 2 Overlords at the natural.

I'm not a regular zerg player, so I can't give you map specifics. However, these are general placements from what I've observed in games and from watching zerg pros. Have one or two set up around your opponents base in case you need to sack them for scouting info, or morph an overseer for a changeling. These usually go on opposite sides of the base so that you can get two pronged scouting if necessary. If you're worried about cannon rushing or other cheese you could also put an overlord in a position to spot those at your natural. It's also helpful to have them in safe areas (cliffs or other gaps not near a watch tower) that will spot an army moving towards your bases. Another place to put them is in a loose perimeter around your base to spot possible drop ships or other air harass coming toward your base. Once you can spew creep, you should put them on any place that your enemy might expand to as well, and spew creep on that spot. Burying a zergling on those expos too can make expanding a bit more of a pain in the ass.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@MentalDisruption: Alright, cool. Thanks a lot.

#19 Posted by Narx (172 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Dude that strategy if full of awesome sauce

#20 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

More tips would be helpful, I think.

I frequently play the game and watch casts, but I still feel as though I'm getting worst and not better. I've never played with anything but Zerg in a ladder match and I've barely touched the other races offline, but I can't stop but feel that I could potentially do better with Protoss or Terran. Near the end of season 5, my goal was to be promoted to Platinum but now I'll be lucky if I don't start being matched up with Silver league players.

#21 Edited by Ben_H (3293 posts) -

It's tough to say without seeing a few replays of how you play to see what your main issues are.  I'm a diamond Zerg myself (though I'm awful because I only get to play about 5 games a week now thanks to uni) and the thing I notice the most about lower league zergs is they're always paranoid about attacks so they never build drones and end up with a bunch of useless attacking units sitting around wasted and half the economy they could have.  Stop worrying about winning, and what league you are in and for a little while focus only on droning unless you specifically see an attack coming (which you can scout by simply building a few zerglings and placing a couple at Xel'Naga towers and one in front of their base).  At first you will probably lose a few games because you accidentally droned too much and had no units but after a bit you will begin to learn when it is safe to drone and when to start preparing for an attack.  Learn to count your drones quickly by boxing over them, try to get 16 per set of mineral patches along with 6 in gas at each base and expand soon after unless you are being attacked.  That rule isn't set in stone but it is a great place to start when first figuring out how the zerg economy works (Catz used to teach that to his students on his stream, and I adopted the rule of 16 on minerals then expand and it helps a ton).   

If you don't want to lose ladder games, just use a custom map like Macro Or Die or a build order tester, and just practice droning, building overlords, and injects.  Literally, I'm not kidding, if you can get a good grasp of Zerg economy, you can easily get to Platinum or Diamond by simply macroing then killing them with a stream of units.

The biggest issue I see with players below Platinum (and even up to and including Diamond, I see this a ton in TvZ when I play Terran) is that they focus too much on units, composition and cutesy stuff and not on economy.  If you get all of the economic stuff down until it's automatic, the game will become much easier since you will simply have way more resources to use.  There's no point trying to discuss strategy when you have a huge deficit in units caused by not having enough resources (which is caused by not having a strong economy).

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@Ben_H: That's some great advice, thanks. I'm definitely paranoid about potential attacks, mostly because I can't even scout correctly, so I probably don't drone as much as I should. But then there are times when I go Hatch first, focus only on droning with only 2 Spine Crawlers as my defense at my natural, and get rushed and die... It's a precarious balance.

#23 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Could anyone share some hotkey tips?

For example, how do you Zerg players handle timely larvae injects? I've been hotkeying each Queen on a sepearte hotkey, pressing the key twice to jump to their location for the larvae injects, but is it simpler/faster/more efficient to bind them all to a single hotkey and use the mini-map for the injects? I also like having them all on separate keys because I'm not use to using the mini-map to jump from Hatchery to Hatchery, so I use the Queens themselves.

Edit: Shit, I just hit Platinum league and I still feel like I'm crap at this.

#24 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

I use the mini-map to do my injects when I have more than 2 bases but my control sucks Its better than missing injects.

#25 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

For example, how do you Zerg players handle timely larvae injects? I've been hotkeying each Queen on a sepearte hotkey, pressing the key twice to jump to their location for the larvae injects, but is it simpler/faster/more efficient to bind them all to a single hotkey and use the mini-map for the injects? I also like having them all on separate keys because I'm not use to using the mini-map to jump from Hatchery to Hatchery, so I use the Queens themselves.

I generally keep all of my hatcheries on 4. Queen at main on 5, queen on natural on 6, queen at 3rd on 7..etc. Then I use 1,2,3 for army. Usually lings/roach on 1, banelings on 2, mutas on 3. Some people like other ways, but honestly it all comes down to personal preference and comfort. I started using this method early in the beta and at this point it is just second nature.

As far as general tips, I'll throw out some stuff that comes to mind. I have been a masters Zerg since the first season they brought in masters league.

Builds - learn a few basic ones and perfect them. Learn standard non-cheesy builds and try to get better. On maps you feel comfortable go hatch first with OL on 9, hatch on 15, spawning pool on 15 (can do variations of 15 hatch then 14 pool / 16 pool depending what you read on your opponent.) Hatch first is always your best choice in making you a better player, once you learn to recognize a early attack and crush it...you will always come out ahead. The second build I always recommend to new players is: OL on 9, 14 gas / 14 pool. Get 100 gas, pull 2 drones off gyser and research speed. Drop expansion at 21. This is the "safe build" in which you get ling speed out early for solid map control and can scout any early attacks / forward pylons. But since you drop that expansion down early enough you can transition into heavy droning very easily. It is better to have two builds like this that you master (build the hatch EXACTLY at 300 minerals...pool EXACTLY 200 minerals...etc) rather then having 10 builds in which you just sort of "wing it" and see what happens.

Scouting - people always say "scouting is hard" or "I am bad at it" but you don't need to make it super complicated. Send your first OL to be posititioned behind your enemy's base and just sacrifice it whenever you feel like you need to know (usually around 6-9 min to see what tech they go). But the biggest thing is just position a ling outside of their ramp. Every bit just run up and the ramp and see what buildings you can see. Example, if you are playing a terran and see 1 barracks but 2 factorys behind the wall...assume hellions or tanks, so get roaches out. Another thing is by keeping that ling their at all times you can easily produce mass drones then when they move out you can directly start producing units to defend.

Dont get weird - Just stick to what you know and play it safe and standard. A lot of new zergs I have coached always seem to want to do a crazy all in to end the game. I had one guy I coached for a bit who every game he wanted to baneling bust or go roaches and try to kill the enemy. Zerg doesn't work this way, there really are not many times where you can attack and just win. Take that early expansion, build a ton of drones...get just enough guys to defend, then after you defend his marine / tank push...make 15 drones. Lesser zergs think "I crushed his push...mass ling and attack!!" No, just calmly make more drones and start a 3rd expansion. Use counter attacks and ling run bys to be your "gimmick" type of things. But if you walk across the map and try to fight a terran at the terrans base...you probably will lose. Just build that economy up, crush his push, and the shoot to win the late game in which you are on 3 or 4+ bases and he is only on 2, that is when you will win.

Just take each game as a learning experience. If you win or lose, watch the replay. Look from your vision and see when you built drones and when you skipped drones. You will begin to see trends like "well I saw a factory so I was afraid and build roaches...then I lost the late game due to lack of drones. Ok I know next time I see a factory that quickly it is probably a hellion rush...I can make only 3 roaches to defend it and the rest of drones." Then the next game you are able to recognize, react accordingly, and win. Zerg is all about the "feeling" in which you will build up an internal clock for things such as timings, injects, droning...etc.

#26 Posted by Ben_H (3293 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

There's a hotkey that's called Base Camera or something like that of which is bound to the backspace key and you can use this to hop between all your hatches in one button press per hatch. I rebound it to the tilde key and use that to hop between hatches then click the queen and inject (you don't even necessarily need to hotkey queens but you can. I just keep them all in a consistent position and box them quickly instead of hotkeying but I think hotkeying is more efficient, I just haven't taken the time to learn it yet). Once you get fast at it you can inject all your hatches in under a second each. A bonus is that the Base Cam button is usually consistent with the ordering on which hatch it hops to first so as soon as your injects pop you can keep. I used to do minimap but this way feels more precise (and once you practice it you can go a lot faster).

On the topic of thinking you're awful, I feel the same way and apparently Bnet thinks I'm good enough with Protoss that it promoted me to top Diamond from Platinum, which is hilarious because I'm awful. My Zerg is now lower ranked in Diamond than my Protoss, and I think my Zerg is way better than my Protoss.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@Ben_H: Thanks. I knew about the backspace key for switching between bases, but I hadn't thought of mapping it to another key; I may do that.

@IndieFinch: Thanks for that, but what is the use of mapping all hatcheries to a same hotkey? I assume that it's for quick reinforcements, correct?

#28 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@IndieFinch: Thanks for that, but what is the use of mapping all hatcheries to a same hotkey? I assume that it's for quick reinforcements, correct?

Just makes it easier to keep track of your larva. Since you are single binding queens that are near hatcheries, you can just jump to that queen and click the hatchery if you only want that one. But by having all hatcheries on same key you can click it, see you have 15 larva, then make units accordingly (just hold on D for a ton of drones or R if your trying to reinforce an attack...etc). Plus you can set up easy rally points. Say you set up a 3rd base, just right click the minerals there, make 30 drones...boom fully saturated base and they go their automatically. And then have one master rally point for all the hatcheries, so you wont lose track of units.

#29 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I'm probably a low-mid Silver Zerg in 1v1, but it's only an estimate since I only play teams. So just know that my advice is probably not kosher, let alone good, but I'll do my best. Just a random amalgamation of tips I've picked up during my time playing.

For hotkeys, I've been doing all hatcheries on 1, all queens on 2, then cycle between the bases doing 2-V as needed. 3, I usually reserve for a new base to just pump drones for a bit until saturated. That brings me to my next tip, which is to follow Day[9]'s advice on a Funday Monday, which is to try and expand every 5 minutes or so, unless you're being royally screwed by your opponent.

In 2v2, I usually open 11pool 16hatch, but that's a pretty terrible idea in 1v1 since I usually do this once I know that cheesing is going to fail. Go with something more along the lines of 13pool 16hatch or 15hatch 14pool. Crisp timings can really help if you do plan on expanding regularly.

I'd say the most essential tip is thorough creep spread, actually. Gives you so much better map awareness. When I can see what's coming and selectively deploy my army, the game is a lot easier IMO.

#30 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

What the fuck? Every single time I go ladder against someone who plays 'Random' and they end up with Zerg, I always end up getting fucked by a 6 pool or some similar crap. How am I supposed to prevent this? Do I scout extremely early to see which race they are (with one of my first drones, for example)? Do I just make an early pool just in case they turn out to be Zerg? Those are probably the only solutions I can think of.

#31 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

What the fuck? Every single time I go ladder against someone who plays 'Random' and they end up with Zerg, I always end up getting fucked by a 6 pool or some similar crap. How am I supposed to prevent this? Do I scout extremely early to see which race they are (with one of my first drones, for example)? Do I just make an early pool just in case they turn out to be Zerg? Those are probably the only solutions I can think of.

Go a safe ZvZ build. Go 14 gas / 14 pool. Build the OL on 9/10, then send a drone to scout. Once you get to their base and you recognize it is a 6 pool (you will be around 14 supply) it should be the time you are dropping your spawning pool. Build an OL on 14/15 when you get the money then you begin to save larva. You should have 3 larva stocked up when the lings get close in which you build 6 lings and be prepared to move your drones. Don't just box the drones and go "ATTACKKK!" you need to mineral path them back and forth (if you right click a mineral patch the workers path through enemies). So you will group them up away from the lings and continue to move around. If your opponent is bad, he will start attacking you in which you mineral path on top of his lings and surround them. About this time your own lings should be done so between your lings and drones, you should easily stop it. If you feel like your micro is awful, just start a spine crawler in your mineral line while waiting for your own lings to pop. It will force him to attack the spine in which lets you get free ling attacks or he ignores it and the rush ends when it finishes.

The main thing is scouting it, recognizing it, then staying calm and stopping it. He has 0 economy so if you hold with more then 10 drones left, you will win the game. Also it is a reason why your builds must be tight. You need to build that 9/10 OL EXACTLY at 100 minerals, and drop your spawning pool EXACTLY at 200. If you drop it at 250, you might die to the attack. It just takes practice and sooner or later you will see a 6 pool and say "thanks for your ladder points!"

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@IndieFinch: Alright, cool. The last time I got destroyed by that tactic, I was attempting to do the build you proposed, but I must have been terribly inefficient about it. Also, I did order my drones to attack. I'll try this out and feel less threatened if I ever have to face it again.

#33 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Don't know if anyone's posted this but I've only started doing this recently. If you click your hatchs click s for larva and press ctrl + whatever hot key you want, you can have your second wave of army or whatever you want ready.

#34 Posted by IndieFinch (242 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Just find a friend online and get into a custom game. Have him 6 pool you over, and over, and over until you feel comfortable. Do different maps, have him try different variations such at a 7 pool with 1 drone for spine crawler, 6pool lings and drones all in, 9 pool with 2 drones for spines...etc. Do different maps and try different builds yourself to find what your are comfortable with. After a few hours you shouldn't have any problem stopping it. You could even do that same thing for other early game problems such as cannon rushes, pylon blocks, bunker rushes, proxy rax / gateways...etc. All stuff that is very common with players who don't know how to play the game.

You could also go 14 pool before gas, scout, then go 15 hatch after if they are doing a normal build. Or if you see the early pool, drop the gas and you have the pool 30sec earlier. Just mess around with a few different builds and find what you are comfortable with. I mostly go hatch first in ZvZ, but I don't see many 6pools anymore. It could possibly be that masters players learned that people know how to crush that stuff so they stop doing it.

#35 Posted by yoshisaur (2606 posts) -

Google TotalBiscuit on Youtube and watch his "How to" (or something like that) videos. He has a couple of playlists on tips and tricks and getting yourself higher in the league. I couldn't recommend it more, it helped me a ton with my Protoss Micro'ing.

#36 Posted by Knite (141 posts) -

I've started to see a lot of Terrans go for a quick 3rd into mech (blue flame, thors, tanks) So i've wondered if i should stay 3 base myself and rush for gglords and roaches or try and get the 4th and then go gglords. As much as i've played they usually shut down my 4th quite easily and then it just cascades into me winning the first couple of pushes on my 3rd / natural into me losing the game as i can't keep up the production with a 3 base terran that has mules.

So my question would be: How do i handle a terran who is going mech in the mid-late game.

#37 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Be ready to switch to mutas if they go too tank heavy. Roaches and overlord drops is really good against mech, it's hard for them to split their army. Try expanding in opposite corners of the map.

There's no really specific way of playing against mech, but trying to look for good times to drop and switch to mutas can help a lot. It'll give you a lot more time to tech to brood lords safely.

#38 Edited by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Don't miss injects, like ever. I got to platinum purely by building more shit than the other guy, even if it was the wrong shit.

Don't underestimate the power of spinecrawlers to set up front lines and defend expansions, you lose a drone and it costs 100 minerals but they are such good harass deterrents.

Always have overlords placed around the map to spot drops/pylons and have one near their base where they cant reach in case you need to emergency scout.

Spread creep to the middle of the map at least and keep it there, unless you are vs zerg.

Never not be upgrading, don't be scared to double evo if you think your opponent is going macro.

Try to make the game go as long as possible, 15 hatch vs terran every game, 14gas14pool vs protoss /zerg every game, fraudulent players can't handle late game, plus late game zerg macro is incredible.

Accept that sometimes you will lose to cheese, it doesn't make the opponent bad or mean you are bad. He just took a risk you didn't scout and it paid off, scout better next time.

I got into diamond with those in mind, currently placed vs masters players so hopefully a promotion is soon. You don't need to go specific builds or exact unit compositions, I feel like that is just overthinking it. The beauty of zerg is you can tech switch instantly, I have won many games from tech switching brood lord/ling/infestor -> ultra/ling/infestor suddenly after they get a substantial amount of vikings out.

#39 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

I can't win against Diamond level Terran players and i think I'm just gonna start 7 pooling all the time or roach rushing because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Marines, siege tanks and drops are just way too brutal for me to handle. If there's a composition of marines + hellions w/ blue flame, how am I supposed to handle that during the mid-game when I can't get Brood Lords out yet, when lings will melt and when roaches will die to the marines? I don't know how to divide my army well enough to handle drops all over the place.

Only time I feel confident is when I get to a stage of having Brood Lords + corruptors + infestors. Until then, I feel like it's always the same thing: make roaches early on because hellion harass is a bitch, make a lot of zerglings and banelings 'cause I see he's making a lot of marines w/ medivacs + siege tanks and then proceed to die as he wrecks my army. I'm probably doing this wrong. They say that Zerg isn't too good when facing the opposing army head on.

#40 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1327 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: During the mid game you should have infestors out. That should really be enough to handle marines or hellions.

#41 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy: Infestors = crucial, got it. I'm pathetic at microing them and they all die on me when I try to use them, but I guess I have no choice but to get better at it.

#42 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

How to manage queens and hatcheries.

Put all your hatcheries in ctrl-5

Put all your queens in ctrl-6

always larva your hatcheries with your queens. You can do this from anywhere once the above is done. Press 6, R, click on the hatchery on the minimap. Repeat for other minimaps. To spawn units, press 5, S and the unit.

#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

This is a video that I found to be helpful, even though it's aimed at Bronze level players:

There's also a previous series of videos that the persona made focused more for Terran, but any race can derive some tips from those videos.

#44 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4605 posts) -

Go Roach Infestor, transition into Brood Lords.

#45 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

Go Roach Infestor

Thought this was kinda weird so I decided to try it out versus a Terran opponent on ladder and much to my surprise (and his, complemented with anger), it worked versus his marine + siege tank army. Good stuff.

#46 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4605 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

Go Roach Infestor

Thought this was kinda weird so I decided to try it out versus a Terran opponent on ladder and much to my surprise (and his, complemented with anger), it worked versus his marine + siege tank army. Good stuff.

I'm gonna do an experiment and only use Roach Infestor for the next twenty or so games. I'll probably go up a few ranks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.