Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft

Franchise »

The best-selling popular PC series developed by Blizzard Entertainment follows the intergalactic struggle between the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss.

Just Bought StarCraft, Who's up for multi-player?

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fbomb

Well, after watching the Starcraft 2 live stream, I decided to pick up a copy of the original off the Blizzard store (currently downloading). Knowing that there's no way in hell that I could beat someone online at this point, just wondering if anyone else was going to make an impulse purchase and try out some multi-player at some point. I figure, that if I want to get Starcraft 2, I'm going to need to play a bit of the original in order to be slightly competitive once it releases. Let me know if you're planning on doing the same, and maybe we can set up a Starcraft Bombing Run some time with people that want to brush up on their Starcrafting skills.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Gabriel

I'm thinking about it, I've never played an RTS before but I might try and get into it. I'll let you know if I decide to.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

I got Starcraft a few years back and never really got into it. Mainly due to getting my ass handed to me online. I'm pretty bad at it, but if anyone wants to get a large game going I'd reinstall it.

Avatar image for goforth_and_die
    goforth_and_die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By goforth_and_die

sure ill play 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shirogane

I have the urge to play SC after watching that SC2 beta coverage...but i probably won't, cause i know i'm going to get owned. 
    If you want to see something crazy, play with 1 or 2 other players on an 8 player map, be on the same team, and fill up the rest with AI zerg, you get rushed so bad.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fbomb

Hey, I'm just playing through the tutorial right now, so anyone worrying about getting owned, don't be. Besides, there's co-op modes vs the AI which look pretty fun.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By CastroCasper

How much did you pay? I might get it, never played it and am interested.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai

If you ever go to play just go in Channle Giantbomb

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fbomb
    @kurtdyoung said:
    " How much did you pay? I might get it, never played it and am interested. "
    I paid $15 for the full set (Starcraft plus expansions). Holds up pretty well so far, besides having no hi-res support.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By sixghost

I've been playing SC on and off for the last 2 years, it's such an amazing game. 

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fourby

I'm currently stuck on the last human mission, and haven't played either of the other two. I'm a less than decent player, but I'm getting better.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By c1337us

I havent played Starcraft in ages. But now I am just waiting for the new one, I dont think I want to go back to playing the old one anymore.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NoXious

I'm replaying the first to freshen up on my in-game lore, but I just loathe all the things that WarCraft 3 had and StarCraft I is missing out on.
    MBS for example, WHERE IS IT?! 12 units per selection max yea? With a 200 supply that seems retarded but okay I'll manage to bind 9 different groups if you demand it.
    Stuff like that is why I'm going to love StarCraft 2, no longer will the User Interface be the main reason I'm limited in my abilities. 

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fbomb
    @NoXious said:
    "

I'm replaying the first to freshen up on my in-game lore, but I just loathe all the things that WarCraft 3 had and StarCraft I is missing out on.
    MBS for example, WHERE IS IT?! 12 units per selection max yea? With a 200 supply that seems retarded but okay I'll manage to bind 9 different groups if you demand it.
    Stuff like that is why I'm going to love StarCraft 2, no longer will the User Interface be the main reason I'm limited in my abilities. 

"
    I'm never playing against you... I'm  a dave-like RTS player, I think. His strategy and take on base creation is where my mind is better suited to. Micromanagement is less attractive,  but I make do.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Fbomb: How much did you get it for?

Playing against someone who knows RTSs but isn't a master is up my street.
    The last one I played online and got pretty good at was Battle for Middle Earth, I used to play 2 vs 2 with a friend he'd rush for pressure whilst I turtled. So he's stop them from getting a big army, then I'd just arrive with one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.