Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starhawk

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 08, 2012

Lightbox Interactive is developing this spiritual successor to Warhawk for the PS3, incorporating the character-driven RTS gameplay in a style similar to The Outfit.

Can someone explain a few things for Zones mode?

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rmills87

I purchased this game a day on Thursday and have been playing it as much as possible since. I came close to finishing the campaign yesterday afternoon and started playing Zones mode. Maybe I just need to play a few more matches, but I am having trouble understanding this mode, as much as I love how frinetic and fun it is.

I understand that your team has to capture and control zones, but how is this done? I'm assuming it is destroying the other team's structures and building your own rift catcher thingy. Then, I am assuming, the longer the team stays put and defends the zone, this will cause the zone to upgrade to the next level.

Am I getting this right? Also, why don't I see any damage being done to enemy structures when shooting them with conventional firearms such as the assault rifle, handgun or sniper rifle? Thanks to everyone in advance.

P.S. I have been Googling my ass off and not able to find any site that has an explanation for this. Not even the official website (http://www.starhawkthegame.com) has information on this mode.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TentPole

@rmills87:

There is a small life bar to the side of structures when you are shooting them. Just being next to an enemy zone reactor thing causes the health of the structure to drop.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rmills87

@TentPole: I love you. Awesome. Thank you very much.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @rmills87 I'm personally more of a fan of CTF. Seems like the base building stuff is perfect for that. However zones is still awesome and tentpole pretty much explained the jist of it.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @TentPole Wow I actually didn't even know there were 3 layers of rings. Thanks for the post
    rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rmills87

@Sackmanjones: Not a problem; yeah, didn't notice it until my third match. Maybe I'll see you online sometime. PSN Gamertag: RMillz87

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skullo

I'm probably am going to purchase this in the next two months, so I need this.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmills87

@Skullo said:

I'm probably am going to purchase this in the next two months, so I need this.

It will definitely be worth your while. This game is hella fun. I'm trying to figure out whether to get a headset for the multiplayer. The problem is, the only people talking are just complaining about certain things not being like Warhawk. I would definitely purchase a headset if I joined up with a clan who is serious about the game and are competitive, while having fun. It's hard to find these days :-(

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @rmills87 There is actually a gb clan. You should join!!
    rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rmills87

@Sackmanjones: Whaaaaaaaat? I will look for it, unless you have the name of it - forgive my ignorance with this stuff, I am very new to the multiplayer world and not sure how to join a clan. But thanks!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @rmills87: Here is the link to the community clan. Just throw your PSN ID on there and you should get an invite. Also if you wanna add me to your friends list as well thats cool as well!

PSN: Sackmanjones

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.