Upodate 1.03 and Free maps!

#1 Edited by handlas (2658 posts) -

Thought I'd mention it since the only place I've seen it reported is on the PSBlog...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/10/starhawk-free-cypress-map-pack-update-1-03-today/

Free map pack with the update. Can't beat that. I'll continue to enjoy Starhawk; seems like it's a great game that didn't find a huge audience. Also there is more ranks. A prestige thing I guess. I've only gotten to like level 30 so it doesn't matter to me much right now.

So FYI free maps yo!

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

That's awesome. Too bad this game sold just awful when it didn't deserve too

#3 Posted by adam1808 (1372 posts) -

Man should I get Starhawk? It always seemed well-made but my assumption that it wouldn't sell so well turned out to be correct.

#4 Edited by handlas (2658 posts) -

jsut started playin it. Couple games in. The map is insane... way different than the other maps because its completely covered with trees so it changes how you use a Hawk pretty drastically I'd say. And coming down in a pod thru the trees is pretty awesome.

Really kewl map but the framerate has been rough for me on a full game.

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4554 posts) -

Starhawk was loads of fun, but the game was so poorly balanced that it started to feel pointless after a little while.  Maybe the new maps will bring me back for a little while.

#6 Edited by handlas (2658 posts) -

poorly balanced how?

Maps are symmetrical for the most part. Hawks are paper-thin...2 rockets and they explode. Vehicles are the same. I dunno... nothing really stands out as being overpowered to me.

Maybe the only thing was the bombs you shoot out at ground troops. But those were greatly nerfed early on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.