Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starpoint Gemini 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 26, 2014

A sequel to 2010's space simulator Starpoint Gemini.

Is This Game Good?

shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

As a person who loved Freelancer and Independence War: Edge of Chaos, i am very interested in this game after I saw it showing up on my Steam recommendation page. I looked it up on Giant Bomb and there is no quick look or any discussion(I hope we can get a quick look of it).

The last time I had a Freelancer-like fun time was when Darkstar One came out, even though it had bad characters, terrible voice-acting, and shallow gameplay. I am hoping that Starpoint Gemini 2 will be good so i have something to scratch that itch before Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen come out.

Has anyone tried it? Is it worth purchasing?

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shulinchung I think its worth it if you like freelancer. Really enjoying the game.

Alwaysrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Alwaysrun

I've uninstalled this mess of a game 2 times this week in utter frustration. Yet here I am playing it again strangely enough. The core game itself is fantastic but the overall feel of the game seems unfinished and rushed out the door. The single player experience seems to have been cobbled together in an afternoon, and the voice acting I'd nominate as some of the worst in any game ever. It's been out a week now and 4 patches will give you an indication how polished this title is. Game crashes/freezes, corrupt saves, graphical anomalies oh my. In my honest opinion I'd wait until this game goes on steam sale in the future and perhaps by then the dev's will have sorted through some of SPG2s deficits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.