An Hour of State of Decay gameplay

#1 Posted by Pynchon (30 posts) -

So yeah, here's an archived copy of a livestream the guys at Polygon did.

It looks really good despite some tech issues due to the 360's constraints. Could be really special on PC.

#2 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1226 posts) -

That looks really cool. If it does come out next week I'll be buying it for sure.

#3 Edited by Scroll (601 posts) -

It's weird that they haven't confirmed it'll be out next week even though the embargo ends on the Wednesday.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@pynchon said:

So yeah, here's an archived copy of a livestream the guys at Polygon did.

It looks really good despite some tech issues due to the 360's constraints. Could be really special on PC.

I have not heard anyone talk about issues with the 360 version.

#5 Edited by oraknabo (1503 posts) -

I've been burnt out on zombies, but this really looks like it's worth playing. I love the part where you can climb towers and identify nearby buildings. Sure it's similar to the AC towers, but it's a nice addition to a zombie survival game.

This game seems to have a lot of stuff I was hoping for from Dead State--not as tactical of course, but the safehouse and community building stuff seems similar. It also reminds me a lot of a 3rd person version of Rebuild.

#6 Posted by Pynchon (30 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: Watch the video and you will :)

Specifically some frame rate issues they attribute to the games ambition which I guess will be less of an issue on PC whenever that version is released, and also stuff like a slightly dodgy camera which obviously isn't something you can attribute to the platform.

Nothing terrible IMO. It all looked very playable and packed with very interesting mechanics.

#7 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@pynchon said:

@the_laughing_man: Watch the video and you will :)

Specifically some frame rate issues they attribute to the games ambition which I guess will be less of an issue on PC whenever that version is released, and also stuff like a slightly dodgy camera which obviously isn't something you can attribute to the platform.

Nothing terrible IMO. It all looked very playable and packed with very interesting mechanics.

Course what they are playing might not be a release build. And there is all ways patches.

#8 Edited by Pynchon (30 posts) -
#9 Posted by Scroll (601 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: I find it unlikely that they'll be able to increase performance in such a short time but if the release version is more stable then that would be very cool.

Either way I think I will probably get it.

#10 Posted by HH (611 posts) -

yep, i'm getting this for sure.

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The twitch archive is lagging as hell. The audio keeps freaking out. But ya been watching this game since back when it was concept art. And I have over 3k points left over from that MS store thingy. Hope it comes out tuesday on my day off from work.

#12 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I am really excited for this but I can't figure out when the confirmed release date is. I keep hearing the fifth of June, then I just hear June in general :(

#13 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@mcderby4 said:

I am really excited for this but I can't figure out when the confirmed release date is. I keep hearing the fifth of June, then I just hear June in general :(

Embargo drops the 5th. So I am hoping that week. And I am also excited as hell. Only other game I got this worked up over was Trenched.

#14 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: Hmm, well I truly hope that it does come out on the fifth then! I've been waiting for far too long :P

#15 Edited by Mustachio (243 posts) -

Pretty sure it doesn't have an exact release date because it's been in Microsoft certification, so it's out of Undead Lab's hands.

#16 Posted by DrxLecter (122 posts) -

release date confirmed for Wednesday June 5th

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/6-5-13/

#18 Posted by gaminghooligan (1465 posts) -

This looks like the game I had hoped Dead Rising would be, really excited for it to drop!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.