Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

State of Decay

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 05, 2013

State of Decay is an ambitious zombie apocalypse survival game set in a current-day open world that asks "What would you do if it really happened?"

PC release date?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Any word on when this is coming to PC?

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Moztacular

Nothing so far, just that it is coming! After watching the various videos for this game I can tell the game would benefit from a PC release that could hopefully cut out the frame rate/pop-up issues and perhaps allow multiplayer or at least community made multiplayer mods.

That being said I had over $20 in xbox points sitting around in my account and bought the game anyway last night and am happy to be playing. I think I'll probably still get the PC version when it is released, but it sounds like it might be months away rather than "end of June" though we can keep our fingers crossed! The game has good groundswell support right now so hopefully this will encourage them to set a date and make it public sooner rather than later.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No word for the exact release date, but I'd think in at least a year since they had a contract with microsoft.... but this really looks like that single player Zombie survival game I was desperately waiting for, so I'm just as excited as you are for the PC version.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I very seriously doubt its selling well on xbla but its totally the kind of game that people would look at on steam and say meh its 20 I will give it a shot

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dizzyhippos: Why didn't they go for PC and Steam right away, do we know? I mean, if they have ambitions of adding multiplayer + even an mmo-like mode that seems like the appropriate platform.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dizzyhippos: Why didn't they go for PC and Steam right away, do we know? I mean, if they have ambitions of adding multiplayer + even an mmo-like mode that seems like the appropriate platform.

Probably because its a microsoft studio's joint, might be on the windows store but who the fuck uses that POS

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darji

If you publish on XBLA and if you want get advertised you have to do an time exclusive deal. So expect the PC version in 6-12 months...

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We might get a similar deal to Mark of the ninja, who knows. It's a real shame that Microsoft published this game.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I dunno that I can wait, I might just end up buying it twice.

Banggoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Banggoo

Now that we’ve got the basic development done and are into the polish phase of production, we took a look at our options. Our main priority (besides making you a kickass game) was not delaying the XBLA launch. We determined that we could launch a PC version shortly after the Xbox version without affecting our development schedule. Microsoft was into the idea as well, and offered us their full support.

Credit Jeff Strain

I don't know how long is "shortly" but they make it sound like a port for PC is relatively easy.

Source: http://undeadlabs.com/2012/07/news/class3-for-the-pc/

They also have post 360 release development plans here: http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/almost/

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bigjeffrey

I very seriously doubt its selling well on xbla but its totally the kind of game that people would look at on steam and say meh its 20 I will give it a shot

200,000 + and counting.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I dunno that I can wait, I might just end up buying it twice.

I think I will, I had points laying around I never use so I got it on 360. By the time it's on PC and modders have their way with it I'm sure I'll be able to justify another 20 dollar purchase

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dizzyhippos

huh weird never heard of it before the quick look and its selling well, well good for the dev's just hope they get the pc version out soon

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dezztroy
    scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dezztroy: You also have to consider that they have a small development team and are currently working on patches for the 360 version.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scroll said:

@dezztroy: You also have to consider that they have a small development team and are currently working on patches for the 360 version.

360-PC porting is a relatively simple matter, and they said there was a PC version coming months ago, so I would assume they have been working on it during. They also said that much of it depends on third parties, which is most likely Microsoft.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dezztroy: It's easy to say that I doubt its actually that easy to do when you only have a couple dozen developers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.