Borderlands Low Violence Version

#1 Posted by Atta (135 posts) -

Hi!

So the summer sale is pretty big right now and I had my sights on the Bordlerlands GOTY version for ages, because Jeff only had great things to say about that game. My problem is that I live in Germany and apparently Borderlands is way more of a gorefest around here than GTA4 or Deadspace...

Anyway...does anyone know a reliable way to dodge the low violence stuff? I heard of 3 solutions:

1. edit something in the game files

2. edit the registry

3. buy in a different country (possibly proxy?) or have it gifted from a different country

my problem is that steam would rewrite optiions 1 and 2 constantly, right? about option 3 i've heard conflicting stuff, some people say they will not even care about it, others had their games patched a few days later

i'd like to know if some of you had some experience with this stuff. it's better than trusting people from some random site with conflicting opinions..

thanks!

A.

#2 Posted by Sarx (112 posts) -

To be on the uncut side you need a steam key for the uncut version. I got a uncut retail copy, hammered the key in steam and done. This does not help with summer sales, sadly.

#3 Posted by Atta (135 posts) -

@Sarx said:

To be on the uncut side you need a steam key for the uncut version. I got a uncut retail copy, hammered the key in steam and done. This does not help with summer sales, sadly.

yeah. guess I'll do that. was hoping that i didn't have to resort to that though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.