Can you active the same Steam account on two computers?

#1 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I want to active my account on my little brother's computer and on my computer at the same time, is it possible?

#2 Posted by Tearhead (2168 posts) -

Yea, I think you can. But only one computer can be signed in at a time.

#3 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -

You used to be able to be signed in multiple times with the same account at the same time but no longer is that the case. 

You can still sign in and install the games on both though you will only be able to use the account on 1 comp at a time

#4 Posted by PirateChris (17 posts) -

To use both at the same time, one has to be in offline mode.

#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -
@Andrela said:
"You used to be able to be signed in multiple times with the same account at the same time but no longer is that the case.   You can still sign in and install the games on both though you will only be able to use the account on 1 comp at a time "

And you must be signed in in order to play the games?
#6 Posted by Dysnomia (689 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:
" @Andrela said:
"You used to be able to be signed in multiple times with the same account at the same time but no longer is that the case.   You can still sign in and install the games on both though you will only be able to use the account on 1 comp at a time "
And you must be signed in in order to play the games? "
Yes.
#7 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -
@PirateChris said:
" To use both at the same time, one has to be in offline mode. "
This man is correct. 

Me and my dad share his account. (Although I have my own for all of my multi-player games)
#8 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -
@PirateChris said:
"To use both at the same time, one has to be in offline mode. "

How do you change to offline mode? 
I think this is my last question about Steam so thanks everyone for your help.
#9 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Click on steam on the upper left corner and then click Go offline

#10 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

I think it makes you resign in every now and then though so just make sure you sign in when the other computer is off

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.