Confessions of a Steam Addict 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by eccentrix (1599 posts) -

This week, it was my sworn duty to play 1000 Amps, a Metroidvania puzzle platformer. I really liked this game and it shouldn't have taking me all week to beat it, but you know what they say, unemployment is a full-time job. Well, I shouldn't say I've beaten it just yet, no matter what the completion meter says, because I've still got the final boss to go. I've never been great with bosses, mostly because I just don't find it fun to keep trying something until I get it right. The game seems to be suggesting the boss should be very easy with all of my abilities, but I just can't deal with all of its attacks being one-hit kills, I guess. I'll give it a few more tries, but if I don't finish, I won't be too worried. After all, the game does explicitly say that I've completed 100% of it.

Anyway, 1000 Amps is very good and I recommend checking it out. It's weird that I haven't heard more about it, but I guess indie games can't all get the same level of publicity. The only thing I found wrong with the game is that it runs on Flash, which I think is the cause of the severe lag which can occur when too many effects are on screen. My controls were literally taking 3-4 seconds to register in some cases. This happened quite a bit in the boss fight, so I can chalk it up to slowdown if I never finish.

Next week is 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul. I've played 12 minutes of it before, according to Steam, and I remember it not working quite right for some reason, so I guess we'll see how that goes.

#1 Posted by eccentrix (1599 posts) -

This week, it was my sworn duty to play 1000 Amps, a Metroidvania puzzle platformer. I really liked this game and it shouldn't have taking me all week to beat it, but you know what they say, unemployment is a full-time job. Well, I shouldn't say I've beaten it just yet, no matter what the completion meter says, because I've still got the final boss to go. I've never been great with bosses, mostly because I just don't find it fun to keep trying something until I get it right. The game seems to be suggesting the boss should be very easy with all of my abilities, but I just can't deal with all of its attacks being one-hit kills, I guess. I'll give it a few more tries, but if I don't finish, I won't be too worried. After all, the game does explicitly say that I've completed 100% of it.

Anyway, 1000 Amps is very good and I recommend checking it out. It's weird that I haven't heard more about it, but I guess indie games can't all get the same level of publicity. The only thing I found wrong with the game is that it runs on Flash, which I think is the cause of the severe lag which can occur when too many effects are on screen. My controls were literally taking 3-4 seconds to register in some cases. This happened quite a bit in the boss fight, so I can chalk it up to slowdown if I never finish.

Next week is 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul. I've played 12 minutes of it before, according to Steam, and I remember it not working quite right for some reason, so I guess we'll see how that goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.