Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

EA Week on Steam starts off with Dragon Age franchise on sale

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

FINALLY Origins Ultimate edition on sale, REALLY wanted to play this on my new computer after finishing it on 360, and especially now with my new gtx580.

Dragon Age 2 25% off is tempting too, no matter how much people shit on it :/

I assume both Crysis for a silly price like in the xmas sale will be one of the days, a Command & Conquer day I assume (might pick up c&c3 and kane's wrath to complete my set on pc depending on price), what else is there from EA for the rest of the days?

Oh Mass Effect course... hmm might be tempted to double dip on those too depending on price

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

I'ma add this because it seems appropriate. DA2 is £13 from Play.com for anyone that is interested and doesn't mind not having it on Steam. That is all.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

same price on amazon i think... sadly ive become on of those people that DOES mind it not being on Steam >_> and yes yes, i know you can do the whole add non steam games thing... its not the same :(

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If I had money I would be all over this puppy. DA:A and ME2 would almost certainly get bought.

*wishes bank would increase overdraft*

Does the front page look goosed for anybody else? It has the typical layout, but with the DA theme mapped around it. Looks ridiculous...

Edit: Just noticed the first page on the scrolling box is DA. Makes more sense now.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Oh God I wish I had money :(

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

Dragon Age, Crysis, and Mass Effect...that's only 3 days, we need 4 more days...so what else does EA have?

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pessh

Dead Space, Shift, MoH, BF2, Hot Pursuit?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rhaknar
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Dragon Age, Crysis, and Mass Effect...that's only 3 days, we need 4 more days...so what else does EA have? "
    Bulletstorm at 50% would be god like (to be fair it would basically just match the price of any online retailer) but it would probably only get 25% off like DA2 since its too recent.

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are almost a certainty, maybe a Dead Space / DS2 day, Crysis and Warhead day almost for sure... maybe a Spore day?

Battlefield BC2 probably too
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Pessh: I guess those are the 4 days.  Forgot about those.  :P
    ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ToastMan

Origins for 15 $ is an awesome deal! Even without the expansion its a bunch load of content.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rhaknar

really been wanting to play a acing game the last few weeks... hot pursuit is still full price, and it would probably only get a 25% deal like DA2, but shift is 19.99 base now, put 50% or even 75% on that puppy and i might get it jsut to fuck around a bit (although i like my racers arcade style :/)

also double dipping on ME and ME2 for sure, since i have them on 360 and i wanna play them again eventually, and i'd like to do it on smething that wont melt on me :( Also, i hear ME1 on PC is alot better than 360 because of lack of bugs

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rhaknar
    @ToastMan said:

" Origins for 15 $ is an awesome deal! Even without the expansion its a bunch load of content. "

why would you get origins if ultimate is the same price (at least here in europe)

Ultimate has Origins, Awakening (the expansion) and all 9 pieces of DLC btw for those that dont know, its a hell of a deal
    ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By ToastMan
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @ToastMan said:

" Origins for 15 $ is an awesome deal! Even without the expansion its a bunch load of content. "

why would you get origins if ultimate is the same price (at least here in europe)Ultimate has Origins, Awakening (the expansion) and all 9 pieces of DLC btw for those that dont know, its a hell of a deal "
    Ultimate doesn't show for me...
    There's Origins + Awakening for $60 though, lol. Kinda funny when you can buy each of them individually for $15 each.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By phrosnite

Ultimate Edition on Sale? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *brain explodes*

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By owl_of_minerva

50 bucks USD isn't a great price for DA2 (you can get a physical copy in store for less than that even in Australia), but DA: Ultimate at half the price and much more content  is both better game and value.

If I had to guess we'll see a C&C, Mass Effect, Crysis, Dead Space, Battlefield, and one of their racing franchises (Burnout?) for the rest of the week.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jimbo

So 25% off and still almost twice as much as you can buy a physical copy for.  Steam sales are the best zomg!1

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By phrosnite

Days(guessing):

• Dragon Age
    • Mass Effect
    • Battlefield
    • Dead Space
    • Burnout Paradise or "racing" day
    • Sims
    • Crysis

Only interested in DA:UE
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rhaknar

what about Medal Of Honor? maybe that gets a day... its 29.99 atm (at least for me), slap 75% off on that and i would buy it for sure... maybe even for 50%

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By dagas

Holy shit Dragon Age 2 is less than half the price that I bought it for on play.com not two months ago. That game really dropped fast in price. Not complaining though, it was worth €50 IMO.

I want to add that even if you have DA1 on 360 or PS3 I recommend getting it on PC as well. I bought the Ultimate Edition for €15 a month ago and it is way better on PC. It's fun even if I've played it on 360 many times already. It looks much better, plays better and has a ton of great mods that alter everything from hair styles to new fully voiced companions with thousands of lines of dialog.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By BeachThunder

Oh, this again :( I think I've run out of EA games that I want. I've already bought Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Cryses (well, not 2...) and Mirror's Edge. Nooooooo.

And, it's probably too early for a good Crysis 2 or Darkspore sale.

Maybe I should pick up the Battlefield games?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rhaknar
    @BeachThunder said:
    " Oh, this again :( I think I've run out of EA games that I want. I've already bought Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Cryses (well, not 2...) and Mirror's Edge. Nooooooo.And, it's probably too early for a good Crysis 2 or Darkspore sale.Maybe I should pick up the Battlefield games? "
    according to my friend that keeps bugging me to get it even tho i keep telling him that i dont play multiplayer, Bad Company 2's community is huge even to this day
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    " Oh, this again :( I think I've run out of EA games that I want. I've already bought Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Cryses (well, not 2...) and Mirror's Edge. Nooooooo.And, it's probably too early for a good Crysis 2 or Darkspore sale.Maybe I should pick up the Battlefield games? "
    according to my friend that keeps bugging me to get it even tho i keep telling him that i dont play multiplayer, Bad Company 2's community is huge even to this day "
    I don't play multiplayer either :( I just have compulsions to buy stuff during Steam sales D: We'll see what the prices are, if BC2 is cheap I'll go for it. Not sure what else I can buy, really - I have no interest in sports games or Sims stuff.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Jimbo said:

" So 25% off and still almost twice as much as you can buy a physical copy for.  Steam sales are the best zomg!1 "

Steam is now a destination network.  Some times people will buy multiple copies of a game just so they can enjoy the convenience of having them all in one place like Steam.  I bought Crysis and GTA IV twice (once in physical form and once on Steam) for that very reason.  I gave the physical copies away.  So in this case, while DA2 isn't particularly cheap at this price, many other Steam sales games will be and thus people might still buy this DA2 sales priced version just because they already own so many other games on Steam.  Steam sales are like any other sales anywhere, items will only be as cheap as suppliers allow them to be - unless the retailer is going out of business.  Blame EA in this case.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Jimbo said:
    " So 25% off and still almost twice as much as you can buy a physical copy for.  Steam sales are the best zomg!1 "
    i know you were being sarcastic, but in case you werent, Steam (well Valve) has no power over game prices, or sales. Its all from the publishers, and that IS the retail price of DA2, even if most/all stores are selling it for a lot less, probably to clear stock
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

YO!  

I THINK I FUCKING GOT IT!  FOR THE BATTLEFIELD DAY:

• BF2
    • BF3 Pre-Order Special
    • BC2
    • BC2:V
    • BF2142 I SHIT YOU NOT, I THINK BF2142 WILL BE THERE!
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rhaknar

for some reason my Origins Ultimate download reset, back to 1% wtf... was on 70%ish sigh. its 23gigs too, me not happy

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vexxan

Great deal, might pick it up. About time I play DA1 to the end.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Rhaknar said:
    " for some reason my Origins Ultimate download reset, back to 1% wtf... was on 70%ish sigh. its 23gigs too, me not happy "
    Pretty sure that's just the decryption process.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rhaknar
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    " for some reason my Origins Ultimate download reset, back to 1% wtf... was on 70%ish sigh. its 23gigs too, me not happy "
    Pretty sure that's just the decryption process. "
    well time left is 1hour 46mins again so i dont think so >_> something done fucked up with the first download and it started over
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    well time left is 1hour 46mins again so i dont think so >_> something done fucked up with the first download and it started over "
    actually you were right dude, it finished shortly after. Was a pain to get all the DLC to actually work (known issue aparently) but its all good now... it looks so much better than the 360 version, its not even funny. One thing tho, i could SWARE i could hide helmets in the 360 version, but it seems i cant in the pc... maybe im imagining it. Im sure theres some mod tho, need to look for one
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    well time left is 1hour 46mins again so i dont think so >_> something done fucked up with the first download and it started over "
    actually you were right dude, it finished shortly after. Was a pain to get all the DLC to actually work (known issue aparently) but its all good now... it looks so much better than the 360 version, its not even funny. One thing tho, i could SWARE i could hide helmets in the 360 version, but it seems i cant in the pc... maybe im imagining it. Im sure theres some mod tho, need to look for one "
    Glad I was right, for your sake.  Yeah the PC version never included a hide helmet option.  You can get around that with the " No Helmet Hack" - a mod available from DragonAgeNexus.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rhaknar

anyone in the US thinking about getting Origins Ultimate Edition for 20 before time runs out? If so, dont, ill hook you up with it for 15 from the euro store... because YOU have something i want for 15 over there :P

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By niamahai

sims... is it even on steam?

maybe its not available for my region =(
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By rjayb89

Damn it, I cancelled my card last week. I hope it gets here on time so I can re-buy The Sims 3. I've been wanting to play that for awhile now for some reason unbeknownst to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.