Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Easy (and fun) Steam S-Ranks?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

I wanted to go a bit into the S-Rank game here. I do not have a Xbox anymore. So what games have easy S-Ranks on Steam?

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ckeats

Bastion was an Easy S-Rank on 360, I'd say it's just as easy on Steam. Looks like it has one extra achievement.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Portal 1 and 2 are quite easy S-Ranks in my eyes.

Magicka was a bit tough but very possible.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owack6

Lara croft and the guardian of light is my only s-rank on steam and its pretty easy especially with a partner

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I think Bastion should be pretty easy, although you can also try Team Fortress 2 it only has 379 achievements.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dingofighter

Team Fortress 2, just 382 achievements!

Portal is pretty easy, except for the challenge room ones, but still perfectly manageable.

chet_rippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chet_rippo

Bastion. Beating the game will net you most of the achievements anyway, and the rest are not too difficult. Plus it's an incredibly fun game.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

Are you guys serious when saying Team Fortress 2?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scarace360
    @valrog said:
    Yup.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Animasta

if you have black ops, they separate the multiplayer and the singleplayer in steam, including the achievements; there's only 3 MP achievements.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Shabs

I S-ranked the second Penny Arcade game and had a great time doing it.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shabs

@MaFoLu said:

Portal is pretty easy, except for the challenge room ones, but still perfectly manageable.

I gave up on Portal because the challenge room ones are not fun to me. I generally can`t stand timed objectives.

Plus the radios don`t show up in the first playthrough, so it requires two playthroughs - also not necessarily fun if you do it in one shot.

Second game seems do-able and fun - I got all of the single-player achievements, but still need to finish the multiplayer then farm the achievements I didn`t get naturally.

fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fudge91

New Vegas (if your into rpg's) isn't hard, just a little time consuming. Sadly with the lonesome road achievements added, iv'e lost my s-rank :(

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By rapid

Penny Arcade Adventures was my first Steam S Rank

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dingofighter

@Shuborno said:

@MaFoLu said:

I gave up on Portal because the challenge room ones are not fun to me. I generally can`t stand timed objectives.

Plus the radios don`t show up in the first playthrough, so it requires two playthroughs - also not necessarily fun if you do it in one shot.

Second game seems do-able and fun - I got all of the single-player achievements, but still need to finish the multiplayer then farm the achievements I didn`t get naturally.

Yea, some of the challenge rooms weren't that fun, damn "least step" challenges...

I also had no problem playing through Portal multiple times since I absolutely love that game, and it isn't that long.

I guess Portal 2 is actually easier, though it isn't all singleplayer which could potentially be an issue.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By paco

Half-Life 2 has a pretty easy S-rank. The Lambda Locator achievement might be the only one you need a guide for, especially if you want to get all achievements in one playthrough.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By valrog
    @scarace360 said:
    @valrog said:
    Yup.
    Then I must be missing something vital here. What exactly is an S-Rank?
    admachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By admachina

Puzzle Agent 2 was easy and is a decent game

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By Sooperspy

Bastion is an easy S rank, and a fantastic game.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JoeyRavn

My two cents:

• I'll say Bastion too, but I didn't like the game one bit.
    • Eversion is a good, cheap and easy game to S-Rank.
    • Flight Control HD is a port of the iOS game and it has some challenging Achievements (not landing any aircraft for 3 minutes, for example), but otherwise very straightforward.
    • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light's only complication may be the time trials, but they are pretty easy to do if you just keep going forward to the exit.
    • Zeno Clash, Metro 2033 and Darksiders are purely single player games that can be S-Ranked quite easily. Darksiders and Zeno Clash in just one playthrough, Metro 2033 in two.
    • Defense Grid: The Awakening is another option if you like tower defense games.
    • The Misadventures of P. B. Winterbottom is a puzzle-platformer game with some mechanics very similar to Braid's, which is also another amazing game. The
    • Mount & Blade series (Warband and With Fire & Sword) have some multiplayer Achievements, but they can be grinded solo in multiplayer with bots. The rest are tied to character progression and you should be able to get them just by playing the game, though you may need to create a couple of different characters, each with their own weapon proficiencies.
    misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By misterhaan

i have to agree with penny arcade 2; the first one has stuff like play the whole game without dying and defeat the final boss without having to revive which i didn't want to attempt.

half-life 2 wasn't necessarily easy but i enjoyed getting them all.  i'm 2 achievements away from s-rank on half-life 2 episode 2 also and will probably finish that after i see what i can manage in episode 1 (which i haven't played since they added achievements to it).  the gnome achievement in episode 2 isn't easy at all but it's just so crazy i enjoyed it anyway.

my 3rd s-rank is aquaria, which took a lot of exploring (steam says i played 55 hours, but i'm sure some of that is pause time and also i had to do a lot of stuff over since i did a lot of stuff without saving and then died).  i really liked that game so it fell into the fun s-rank category even if it wasn't quick.  if easy doesn't mean quick to you then i highly recommend it.  i highly recommend it in general though :)

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By ectoplasma

Trine is pretty doable.

CJFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By CJFoster

I found Psychonauts and Costume Quest to be easy to S-Rank and very fun. CQ is also a really quick play, you can do the whole thing in a day. Psychonauts might give you a little trouble with collecting all the figments (I used a guide to point me right to the few I missed my first time through a level) and you'll probably want to look up which between mission events you have to witness for achievements if you only want to play through once. Universe Sandbox is also easy to get, if your willing to take 100 screenshots, turn the game on 10,000 time and get over a year of in-game time.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By nightriff

Walking Dead, just play the game

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By circlenine

Mark of the Ninja is the only game I've bothered to get an S Rank on. For the No Killing/No Alarm achievement I did the level where you'll need to vent gas into a building just as a tip for a good choice for that one, which was one of the more difficult ones for me.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Dagbiker

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.