Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Ever had Steam switch one game for another?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

Christmas 2010, I gifted my friend, a big fan of Penny Arcade, the first episode of the Penny Arcade game. Two episodes were out, but I figured I'd just give him the first, and leave it up to him whether he liked it enough to get the second one.

Fastforward to today, when the Penny Arcade game came up in conversation, and he mentions he never played it and that I randomly gifted him only the second episode. Confused, I checked my email receipt, and my transaction history within Steam itself, and both say I bought and gifted the first episode, but it's definitely not on his account, and instead he has the second one. (Edit: to be clear, each episode is a separate application, and they aren't all lumped together like TellTale's The Walking Dead or anything).

I'm not sure it's worth contacting Steam support for, especially when I only spent $5, and my friend said he'll probably just buy the first episode during the next big Steam sale now that he remembered he has it. But still, that's really weird, and I'm curious to hear if anybody else has had anything like that happen.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

First I've heard of it anywhere. If this was even semi-common I'd imagine it would have cropped up at some point.

Weird.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Winternet

Never heard of such thing.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pikawai

@bisonhero: I've never read about something like this happening before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.