Giant Bomb Gift & Bulk Pack Cooperative (DISBANDED)

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MB (14402 posts) -

After the recent success we had picking up the Just Cause 2 Gift Pack, I decided to start a Steam Group dedicated to things like this. For Giant Bomb users only!

Edit: Group is now public. Feel free to trade and get pools going for group deals, just make sure you know who it is you're sending games and/or money to!

I'm always happy to middle any group buys by holding PayPal funds and then distributing games, even if I'm not interested in whatever is being purchased at the time. Just send me a PM here on the forums and we can work it out.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gbcoop

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by nintendoeats (6144 posts) -

Obviously I'm in :)

Sometimes communities rule.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -

Ill do it I guess 

g_i_t_shell 

#4 Edited by Ramyun (695 posts) -

Count me in!
EDIT: sorry Ramyun436

#5 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -

kaosangel

#6 Edited by beej (1675 posts) -

beej, and yeah I'm in. If by in I mean that I'm in for games that I'm actually interested in, I'm assuming this isn't a commitment to be down for any and all packs that get suggested.

#7 Posted by Brunchies (2501 posts) -

I have a question, do we all just donate to one paypal account that buys the game bulk or do we just buy them ourselves and give the games to other community members? 

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -

LordAndrew, I think? I'm never sure which name I'm supposed to give when people ask. Try MuffledSword if that doesn't work, and let me know which name I should give people in the future.

#9 Posted by Dark_Jon (596 posts) -

I'm interested

Darke_Saber

#10 Posted by Meteora (5844 posts) -

Meteora1477

#11 Posted by aurahack (2502 posts) -

aurahack

#12 Posted by MB (14402 posts) -
@beej said:
" beej, and yeah I'm in. If by in I mean that I'm in for games that I'm actually interested in, I'm assuming this isn't a commitment to be down for any and all packs that get suggested. "
 Only for the games you're interested in. Hopefully we get enough members that there will be enough people interested in the packs that you want, so you'll always be able to get them.

@Brunchies
said:
" I have a question, do we all just donate to one paypal account that buys the game bulk or do we just buy them ourselves and give the games to other community members?  "
The way we worked the last one was everyone just PayPal'd me, then I bought the pack and distributed the games. For future purchases we can do it however it makes sense based on who wants in on the buy.
Moderator Online
#13 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1663 posts) -

lemoncookie01

#14 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5885 posts) -

ahem....

ArabianPrincess2344 >__>

#15 Posted by jim_dandy (885 posts) -
#16 Posted by salad10203 (669 posts) -

Im in, steam name same as GB.

#17 Posted by nintendoeats (6144 posts) -

I'm hoping Amnesia gets some kind of deal. I'm definitely in on that if its a gift pack.

#18 Posted by Animasta (14824 posts) -

XSASweet. I have to wait until the post-christmas sale though :(

#19 Posted by MB (14402 posts) -

Group is now public - make sure you do your due diligence on who exactly it is you're dealing with before committing to any deals! 

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by zonerover (623 posts) -

Was thinking about something like this recently so its great its been organized. Steam name same as GB username.

#21 Posted by MB (14402 posts) -
@zonerover: I just made the group public, go ahead and click on the link and join up.
Moderator Online
#22 Posted by Sweep (9752 posts) -

All over it like a rash.

#23 Posted by Pinworm45 (4069 posts) -

Bah, I'd totally be all over this but my paypal account was compromised this week and so my comfort level in using it is not very high.

#24 Posted by HaroldoNVU (623 posts) -

I'm in.

#25 Posted by TwoLines (3143 posts) -

Awesome.

#26 Posted by TermlessHalo (103 posts) -

I don't know. Can anyone really trust people to buy bulks?

#27 Posted by MB (14402 posts) -
@termlesshalo: We just did it today...but hey, if you have any second thoughts, then don't get involved. No worries.
Moderator Online
#28 Posted by G0DF4TH3R (167 posts) -

Solid_Jackal 
right now I only have a Mac so I will be interested in only get games that work for mac

#29 Posted by ESREVER (2830 posts) -

This sounds like a rad idea. I joined. 

Hopefully it goes smoothly.

#30 Posted by kalmis (1744 posts) -

Great idea MB.  

#31 Posted by theherbivorousbig (61 posts) -

Rad. I'd definitely be down for doing more of these.

#32 Posted by Geno (6768 posts) -

I was waiting for GB to come up with a group like this, great thread.  

#33 Posted by Jack268 (3368 posts) -

Joining, but doubt I'll be able to contribute in a while. The fucking Cataclysm+those deals are holding my funds in a steel vice. I'm almost considering not going collectors edition on Cataclysm to be able to afford more Steam games.

#34 Posted by sageharpuia (3 posts) -

Hm.. I'll join on this. 

#35 Posted by IcySandman (481 posts) -

I'm in, but I think all the people who join ought to tell their Steam names so everyone knows who's who... 

=KoF=IcySandman

#36 Edited by ESREVER (2830 posts) -

If it wasn't obvious, I'm [>A<]ESREVER on Steam. Occasionally my name may change to [>A<]Mace, cause people have no problems pronouncing it. 

Currently, the group deal in question is Lead & Gold. There are six users who are currently interested in pooling together to buy it. 
Who all is interested in making the deal? Meaning, having people PayPal you their share so you can buy it and distribute it to everyone.

#37 Posted by kalmis (1744 posts) -

My Steam ID is: Kalmis. 

I'am interested in the Lead & Gold deal. Whoever does the purchase I will PayPal the money first thing tomorrow morning UK time. 

#38 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2763 posts) -

I'm in for the group buy of L&G and have Paypal. Let me know. Steam ID: CharlesWorthington (compLy roLy)

#39 Posted by ESREVER (2830 posts) -

Four users are needed to completed this group deal. Also, a volunteer to buy it and distribute it.

#40 Posted by ZombiePie (6258 posts) -

Awesome idea. I don't have any games that I want but I'll join anyways. I'm Bluevooom on Steam if you wanted to know.

#41 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2763 posts) -

I will be the one to purchase everything if we can get four more people in the next 13 hours.

#42 Edited by nintendoeats (6144 posts) -
@Rolyatkcinmai: I'm in.

EDIT: Steam Name "Umu"
#43 Posted by ch13696 (4760 posts) -
@Rolyatkcinmai: I'll definitely jump in for Lead & Gold, but I'll have to be the one to distribute the deal. Because I don't have checks to add my bank account to PayPal, but I can purchase the pack with my debit card.
#44 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2763 posts) -
@ch13696: Fine with me.
#45 Edited by ch13696 (4760 posts) -
@Rolyatkcinmai: Ok sweet. So is there a list of people that want in on this? I'll be sending friend requests. And what's a good price for each game. $2? 

Oh and my PayPal is chrisdhedy@gmail.com
#46 Edited by ESREVER (2830 posts) -

Ugh, there's gotta be THREE more people who are willing to PayPal $2 for this game. I'm getting tired of waiting... and sleepy.  
Can I just PayPal you $2 now?

#47 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2763 posts) -

ESREVER had the count of people. Not sure who is in and who isn't. Only ones I know are; 

kalmis
ESREVER
Rolyatkcinmai
nintendoeats 
ch13696 

Anyone else that is in for L&G please post below. Send your $2 to  chrisdhedy@gmail.com 

I will try to get this more organized for next time.

#48 Posted by nintendoeats (6144 posts) -

Yes, some kind of process would be awesome.

#49 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -

Am I still counted as being in on this? Because I'm so in.

#50 Edited by ESREVER (2830 posts) -
@LordAndrew: Yes, I skipped over your post a couple of times on the Steam group. I was kicking myself trying to figure out who the 6th was xD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.