Holiday 2013 Steam Sale!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Whoot whoot! I found it odd that no one made a post about this yet. Anyhow, let's get this holiday rolling. I'll update this post soon with deals and what not.

#2 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

So... many... games...

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3835 posts) -

Metal.....Gear

#4 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

Just got The Stanley Parable off the Daily Deal. I'm hoping that The Wolf Among Us, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and Enslaved get Daily/Flash/Community Choice sales at >50%.

#5 Posted by afabs515 (1014 posts) -

I really hope Remember Me goes for under 20 dollars. I know it's not a great game, but I really want to check it out before the end of the year. It's at 25 now, so here's hoping for a Capcom sale!

#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2696 posts) -

@afabs515 said:

I really hope Remember Me goes for under 20 dollars. I know it's not a great game, but I really want to check it out before the end of the year. It's at 25 now, so here's hoping for a Capcom sale!

I disagree, I think it is a pretty great game.

#7 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Managed to get the Bioshock Infinite season pass for £3.99 which was apparently an error. Its back up to £15.99 now.

#8 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

flash sales

#9 Edited by afabs515 (1014 posts) -

@afabs515 said:

I disagree, I think it is a pretty great game.

I hope I agree with you. "Great" probably wasn't the phrase I was looking for. "Well-received" would have been more appropriate. Either way, I hope I can get it for less than 20 bucks so I can't be too disappointed.

#10 Edited by Oginam (446 posts) -

Puppygames Humble Bundle is also worth checking out. It just started and if they reach $150k they're releasing the source code for the games. Which is both awesome and insane.

#11 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (508 posts) -

Gimmie yo' cards!!!!

#12 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

Far Cry 3, The Wolf Among Us, Brave New World, and Saints Row IV is on my flash sales wish list. Just have to be patience until then!

#13 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3053 posts) -

Cool now I can give everyone I know for Christmas Divekick for $2.50. THANKS VALVE!

#14 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@wasabicurry: Far Cry 3 PC download is on sale on Amazon for $15 right now! If you're not in the US, you can just make a fake account. Worked for me.

#15 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

@killacam: Sweet! I live in the US so that makes it easy so that is one game off of my list. Thanks duder!

#16 Posted by 49th (2696 posts) -

I've got 30 games on my wishlist, let's do this.

#17 Posted by theodacourt (520 posts) -
#18 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

I saw another forumer post this extension and I have to share the knowledge because it makes shopping PC games so much better: Enhanced Steam.

It's a Chrome browser extension that adds a ton of information on the Steam website. All the game store pages have information on what site it's cheapest to buy a Steam copy of the game. It will also tell you on your Wishlist page if the game you want to buy is on Flash/Daily/Community Choice sale. It also adds other information like the lowest price a game has ever been on sale (and on what site it was being sold at), if the game has third party DRM (e.g. UPlay), and if the game is on the Wishlist of a person that's on your friends list (if you are feeling generous).

#19 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3053 posts) -

@killacam said:

@wasabicurry: Far Cry 3 PC download is on sale on Amazon for $15 right now! If you're not in the US, you can just make a fake account. Worked for me.

You know that game was as low as $7.49 last month during the thanksgiving / autumn sale.

#20 Edited by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

Was wondering when this would start up. Nothing caught my eye as of yet. From what I heard it's going to be the same stuff as was on during the black Friday sale so I'm not getting my hopes up as there was nothing there of interest. I may end up picking up dust for $3 because why not, but that's about it. Unless some small game pops up on sale that I somehow missed or never heard of then I doubt I would be interested.

#21 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@i_stay_puft: I think that was Blood Dragon. I remember the main game being $15 and having a long internal battle on whether or not to pull the trigger.

#22 Posted by Danteveli (1164 posts) -

Nothing hit me and made me buy it. Thats weird.

#23 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6101 posts) -

We have a discussion for this here. Please, please, please when there's an event like this, check the stickies. Odds are, we have something for it already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.