How is Steam Big Picture?

#1 Edited by kaos_cracker (577 posts) -

I recently built a PC and for the time being I am using my tv in my room until I get a monitor. I remember hearing on the bombcast that it is sometimes unstable or would crash and just wondering if it is good or not.

#2 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

That was a while back, it's a lot more stable now. I haven't had issues with it with the times I used it recently.

#3 Posted by Sloktor (51 posts) -

I hooked the PC up my TV right before christmas, and having spent alot of time with Big Picture mode i have yet to see it crash. So probably was just early bugs :)

#4 Posted by kaos_cracker (577 posts) -

That's good to know. Thanks.

#5 Edited by noizy (660 posts) -

I use it all the time, and have had no real issues with it. Works great with the XBox controller. The home button launches the Steam overlay in game. It has a filter for controller supported games when browsing your games. Some games that actually support controllers aren't tagged in Steam (e.g. Assassin's Creed). You can't do some "advanced features" of Steam in Big Picture like say adding a non-Steam game to your library or playing with most settings. But when you're pipping Steam to your TV on a secondary input, it's perfectly fine. I launch XBMC from Steam in Big Picture when I want to watch videos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.