How many Steam games have you bought?

• 80 results
#1 Posted by LOVEMYSTEAM1 (8 posts) -

How many games on Steam have you bought? For me its 152. Whatabout you?

Alan

#2 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

Five maybe.  I like to have discs.  Call me old-fashioned.

#3 Edited by xruntime (1920 posts) -

Orange Box, that's about it. I also like to have discs (I have a slow internet connection), and Steam is essentially DRM.

#4 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

Just AudioSurf.
I don't play PC games much anymore, as I've got a MacBook.

#5 Edited by Predasus (122 posts) -

I've bought a bunch ... I think I'm up to like 40ish now ... it's really great when they release new games on steam.  Just saves me a trip to the store! :) 

Really xruntime, you're slow internet isn't really an excuse for not buying games on steam.  If you pre-order any game, they let you pre-load it WEEKS before it is released so that on release day, you download a small bit and you can play right away.

And what is so wrong about DRM?  Aren't you sick and tired of people killing good PC games by hacking and downloading them?  Steam is in no way intrusive in the way it does it's DRM and it goes a long way towards doing things the right way.

#6 Posted by Major (506 posts) -

7.. Not really a PC gamer now anymore. Can't be bothered to dish out the cash to upgrade my system

#7 Posted by dmcadidas15 (34 posts) -

just audiosurf

#8 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

I bought like 10. I'm not the biggest PC gamer in the world.

#9 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

Wow 152? I haven`t bought any yet, I was planning on getting counter strike since there is some deal on, but I`m going to wait and see if I can get the actual cased game, I would just feel better about it that way : D

#10 Posted by VACkillers (1060 posts) -

i only have the half life 2 series and shadowgrounds, think that is about it off steam

#11 Posted by DrVanNostren (154 posts) -

I bought HL2 and the Episodes, CS, and Day of Defeat off of Steam.

#12 Posted by ron15x (9 posts) -

#13 Edited by Pete (65 posts) -

2, HL2, and another one I can't seem to remember right now, it was like 4 or so years ago, I think.

#14 Posted by MagicKiwi (111 posts) -

Orange Box, Garry's Mod, and DoD:Source.

#15 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

None, because my stupid parents think that if you use your credit card on the internet the world will implode or something. I am too young to have my own yet they wont let me borrow theirs. I think they are just trying to piss me off.

#16 Posted by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -

I count 26.

#17 Posted by nutcrackr (67 posts) -

30 odd.

#18 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

A few.

#19 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

15 odd. 
Steam has partially won me over but I still like having a physical disk.  The real problem on Steam is the publishers that don't make content available in all countries, they just put it on there for the US.  There's quite a few games i'd buy if they were available to me.

Rest of World Steam Group

#20 Posted by MB (12261 posts) -

Two...Sam & Max Complete and Company of Heroes Gold Edition.

#21 Posted by prodromus (20 posts) -

15 or so, I don't have as much time to play games as I used to but I love steam.  Pre-loading is awesome, I buy all of Valve's stuff on Steam.

#22 Posted by Anders (56 posts) -

1, HL2 .. no longer play on the PC really

#23 Posted by mrhankey (695 posts) -

AudiooSurf
Dark Messiah
Garryy's Mod
GTI Racing
HL2 EP 1
Orange Box
Sin Episodes
Track Mania

Then all the stuff that came with the silver edition of HL2 came in a boxed retail version

#24 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I own about 30 games between 2 different STEAM accounts lol

#25 Posted by duxup (354 posts) -

I'd say somewhere around the 30s.  Not that many individual transactions though, I have lots of those big value packs with lots of games.

#26 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I have about 16 games, but if you count the individual purchases, then it's only 5. And one of those was a retail purchase.

#27 Posted by Scooter (48 posts) -

I have about 10.. and one of them was from a game I bought retail ( RACE 07), and it seems to be just activated threw steam no matter what.

#28 Posted by brooklyngrenade (446 posts) -

Seven for me.

#29 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Too many.

#30 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -
logson said:
"Just AudioSurf.
I don't play PC games much anymore, as I've got a MacBook."
this. i got steam to get audiosurf, and haven't touched it since
#31 Posted by Dib9394 (57 posts) -

#32 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
Predasus said:
"I've bought a bunch ... I think I'm up to like 40ish now ... it's really great when they release new games on steam.  Just saves me a trip to the store! :) 

Really xruntime, you're slow internet isn't really an excuse for not buying games on steam.  If you pre-order any game, they let you pre-load it WEEKS before it is released so that on release day, you download a small bit and you can play right away.

And what is so wrong about DRM?  Aren't you sick and tired of people killing good PC games by hacking and downloading them?  Steam is in no way intrusive in the way it does it's DRM and it goes a long way towards doing things the right way."
I know, but I just never really tried it when I have easy access to disc versions. And I don't care for those "indie" games you find on Steam.

DRM is necessary, I agree. But it's effect is pretty minimal. People still play Steam singleplayer AND multiplayer games illegally.
#33 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

1, TF2 and it runs like balls on my computer so I play it on 360 instead =[

#34 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

Damn I bought.......NONE are the games there that good? Never actually bothered to look at what they got.

#35 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

#36 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

only 5

#37 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I'm not big on PC gaming.

#38 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

1. Audiosurf.

#39 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

Couting the Orange Box as 5 games.. then 8, got about 2 more for free.

#40 Edited by GP1Mil (116 posts) -

HL2,episode 1 w/ Sin, Day of Defeat Source, Counter-Strike Source, Red Orchestra, EW: Quake Wars, Garry's Mod 10, Audiosurf, Trackmania and recently CiV 4 will all expansions

I register all of the original Half-Life games (CS 1.6 DoD, HL1:BS,HL1:OF) and Dark Messiah

#41 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

10 or so, and I love video games. Somehow not enough good steam games come out to warrant buying them

#42 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

I have about 9 games on Steam.

#43 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

I've got 22.

#44 Posted by Leon31 (125 posts) -

Quite a few, probably 10+.

#45 Posted by Xelloss (213 posts) -

Only Audiosurf.

#46 Edited by Tovan (633 posts) -

Exactly 20, I love steam.

#47 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

3. I hate the service. I like when something sits on my shelf, and I can actually feel it.

#48 Posted by Johnny5 (1355 posts) -

Counter Strike: Source
and Gary's Mod

#49 Edited by Joker (675 posts) -

None, stupid thing won't take the card. Lots that I linked onto my Steam account though.

#50 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -

I can't run that many games on my pc since it's 3 years old so I only have 20 excluding peggle extreme and trackmania nations since it's free. I get crossplatform games for my 360 (except for the orange box which I have on both ^^)  since for some reason I tend to enjoy them more on a console (even though the screen and soudsystem I'm using for my xbox is the same as my pc).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.