I survived the Steam sale without buying anything!

Posted by moelarrycurly (667 posts) -

Hooray! 

Let us all take a moment to remember those poor, forgotten games that (more or less) unwillingly fill up Steam libraries whenever a sale rolls around.  I have suffered enough at the hands on Valve and its ridiculously low prices, so 10 days ago I drew a line in the sand and said, 

"STEAM! YOU EVIL TEMPTRESS, YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" 
And thusly I have weathered the storm and bought exactly zero games during this past sale.  Thank goodness for self-control; I wasn't sure that I had it in me. 

For all of you who bought games, PLAY THEM!  A neglected game is a terrible thing to waste.  At the very least download them. 

Good day.
#1 Posted by moelarrycurly (667 posts) -

Hooray! 

Let us all take a moment to remember those poor, forgotten games that (more or less) unwillingly fill up Steam libraries whenever a sale rolls around.  I have suffered enough at the hands on Valve and its ridiculously low prices, so 10 days ago I drew a line in the sand and said, 

"STEAM! YOU EVIL TEMPTRESS, YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" 
And thusly I have weathered the storm and bought exactly zero games during this past sale.  Thank goodness for self-control; I wasn't sure that I had it in me. 

For all of you who bought games, PLAY THEM!  A neglected game is a terrible thing to waste.  At the very least download them. 

Good day.
#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

I managed to avoid buying much. I couldn't resist the Penny Arcade games at that price, and I bought a couple of random indie games too. In total I think I spent about £5, on 4 or 5 games. I was extremely pleased with my self control.

#3 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

bought the bad company 2 pack for £9.99. completely forgot about the sales.

#4 Posted by Dalai (6882 posts) -

I spent less than $10 on games during the sale, a record low for me. I feel quite good about that.

It seems like the Steam veterans have been restraining themselves from buying games by the bushel this year. It's all the newcomers that are shitting their pants in excitement.

#5 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

good for you?

#6 Posted by DeeGee (2098 posts) -

Me too : D

#7 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Gabe Newell (knives and all) told me to buy things.

You don't say no to Gabe.

#8 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

This tells me you own everything on steam already.

#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

You think you might have won but, really, you lost. ;)

#10 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

Same here, although i really wanted ME2, i was pondering about it for a while, and i finally convinced myself i wanted it, but it was to late.

#11 Posted by Turambar (6489 posts) -

I bought the King Arthur pack and Audio Surf, and that's it.  It really helped that there actually weren't much on sale that I had any interest in outside of strategy games that I already owned.  Cities XL was mighty tempting though.

#12 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

You are a better man than most.

#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5118 posts) -

I only spent 6$ on the two Longest Journey games which I actually plan to play, so I consider it a win.

#14 Posted by supermike6 (3523 posts) -

I bought a decent amount of games, but I have also played all of them! Yay for me.

#15 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2343 posts) -

I bought Sanctum, Munch's odysee, audiosurf and broke down into buying Magicka. I can't even run Magicka!(yet)

#16 Posted by Surkov (989 posts) -

I only bought Puzzle Agent and its sequel. I missed Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction somehow. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.