If you don't have s Steam account already.

#1 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

So I was looking around the web and say an offer that was too good to be true. If you sign up for a new steam account you can receive
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch for free.

 http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

#2 Posted by mnzy (2926 posts) -

Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games.

#3 Posted by Nictel (2442 posts) -

Man, Valve is really going for this world domination thing hard.

#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -


you get a pseudo-demo and a free game...for free? that IS amazing

 

throw in Alien Swarm too, thats also free

#5 Edited by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -
#6 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games. "
Guess I don't care about games then. Oh well.
#7 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games. "
Cool guy alert
#8 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -
@Nictel:
Only because HL2: Deathmatch is still the hottest shit in town. AIN'T IT!?
#9 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
" @mnzy said:
" Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games. "
Cool guy alert "
Console LTTP scrub alert.
#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" @mnzy said:
" Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games. "
Cool guy alert "
Console LTTP scrub alert. "
SeriouslyNow alert.
#11 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" @mnzy said:
" Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games. "
Cool guy alert "
Console LTTP scrub alert. "
SeriouslyNow alert. "
OhlookatmyIronicAvatarAlert.
#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: Oh, you're so clever! How do you do it? 
#13 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Lame fight alert.

#14 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Indeed.  I didn't start it. :P

I think the Nvidia deal is the better one of the two.  You get Peggle EXTREEEME as well.

#15 Posted by FesteringNeon (2166 posts) -

damnit, if it wern't for this thread I wouldn't have just dropped $5 on Sim City 4. : /
Thanks.

#16 Posted by Mr_Spinnington (123 posts) -

i'm waiting for Valve to announce Half-Life 3 before i touch Steam again


pretty sure it will crush them

#17 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" @mnzy said:
" Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games. "
Cool guy alert "
Console LTTP scrub alert. "
Keep your nerd talk to yourself
#18 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" @mnzy said:
" Well...if you don't have those already, you probably don't care about games. "
Cool guy alert "
Console LTTP scrub alert. "
Keep your nerd talk to yourself "
Console is not a nerdy word.
#19 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Oh, you're so clever! How do you do it?  "
Statistics. seeing how much they will lose by giving those games away as incentives, while seeing the probability of new accounts buying games.
#20 Posted by Khann (2915 posts) -

This has literally been around for years.

#21 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

Don't have steam and don't really plan on making an account any time soon. Haven't had a desktop capable of running games in years, which is probably the reason why.

#22 Edited by Wes (258 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

" @SeriouslyNow: Oh, you're so clever! How do you do it?  "

Should have kept it going! GB is never going to pull off an "eat 100 treadmills" moment...
#23 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -
@Seedofpower said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Oh, you're so clever! How do you do it?  "
Statistics. seeing how much they will lose by giving those games away as incentives, while seeing the probability of new accounts buying games. "
What the hell are you talking about?
#24 Edited by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Wes said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" @SeriouslyNow: Oh, you're so clever! How do you do it?  "

Should have kept it going! GB is never going to pull off an "eat 100 treadmills" moment... "
Is your life really so desperate that you're looking for a singular occurrence to replicated everywhere you plan to be?

@Enigma777:  I think he's talking about why VALVe chooses to give games away, IronicAvatarCleverPerson.
#25 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @Seedofpower said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Oh, you're so clever! How do you do it?  "
Statistics. seeing how much they will lose by giving those games away as incentives, while seeing the probability of new accounts buying games. "
What the hell are you talking about? "
Nevermind. I was talking about the topic this thread is about. I will leave now.
#26 Posted by DystopiaX (5364 posts) -

I signed up when they were offering Portal for free. Much better deal IMO...until I realize how much shit I've impulse bought.

#27 Posted by Wes (258 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: Childish, I was reminded of Reddit's "occurrence" under an hour ago, figured I would post a harmless comment. Is your life really so deplorable that you're looking to insult people just to inflate your online ego?
#28 Posted by ajamafalous (12167 posts) -
@Khann said:
" This has literally been around for years. "
This. I remember doing this in like 2007.
#29 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Wes said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Childish, I was reminded of Reddit's "occurrence" under an hour ago, figured I would post a harmless comment. Is your life really so deplorable that you're looking to insult people just to inflate your online ego? "
Uhh I wasn't the guy insulting someone they don't know at all.  You were.  Nice to meet you.
#30 Posted by Wes (258 posts) -

"Should have kept it going! GB is never going to pull off an 'eat 100 treadmills' moment..."


@SeriouslyNow: Where's the insult? Inform me how you deciphered an insult out of this. Enlighten me.
#31 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Wes said:
" "Should have kept it going! GB is never going to pull off an 'eat 100 treadmills' moment..."

@SeriouslyNow: Where's the insult? Inform me how you deciphered an insult out of this. Enlighten me.
"
By the implication that a fight at my expense would be humorous.
#32 Posted by Wes (258 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: Cool guy alert. Console LTTP scrub alert. SeriouslyNow alert. OhlookatmyIronicAvatarAlert .

Only a Neanderthal would get into a fight over this. There's nothing there. See a psychiatrist. BYE!
#33 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Wes said:
"
@SeriouslyNow: Cool guy alert. Console LTTP scrub alert. SeriouslyNow alert. OhlookatmyIronicAvatarAlert .

Only a Neanderthal would get into a fight over this. There's nothing there. See a psychiatrist. BYE!
"
I wasn't in a fight.  You alluded to one.
#34 Posted by Khann (2915 posts) -

Worst forum argument ever.

#35 Posted by Druminator (1687 posts) -

This is stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.