Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

I'm on a quest - can YOU help?

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ateatree

The Steam winter achievements have not been so kind to me. I'm sure many of you know this pain well. Across 44 earned achievements (so far), I've earned a smattering of coupons for already-inexpensive games.

Beyond that, though, I've also gotten 8 Valve coupons.

Something about this ridiculousness struck a nerve. I have a NEED, now, for more. Trading with my friends and a few acquaintances on my Steam list got my coupon count over 20.

After that, I went to a couple of forums and told them of my dilemma. Today, I'm at 620(!) coupons in my inventory, the lion's share of which are delicious, delicious Valve coupons. But it's STILL not enough.

My GB friends, if you have Valve coupons, or anything other useless coupons that you're not going to use, let it be known that I want them! Add me on Steam ("ateatree") and send me the chaff of your inventory, and I'll be happy to entertain you with screenshots of my ridiculous inventory and/or a letter to Gaben asking what to do with all those coupons.

To reiterate: I don't want anything that you actually do want. If you have an actual game or something that's of use to you, please feel free to redeem it for yourself, put it up on SteamGifts, or do as you like. If, though, you've got coupons that you have absolutely no use for (especially Valve coupons,) I want them! I will suffer the collective burden of terrible coupons for everyone!

Screenshot #1, right as things took off: http://i.imgur.com/l5jD9.png

Screenshot #2, sexy sexy screenshot 2: How about this sexy page of coupons? This do anything for you? http://i.imgur.com/A0snX.png

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Legend

@ateatree: Oh, have I got a terrible coupon for you. There is a story behind it, too. You see, I crafted 21 pieces of coal in hope of getting at least one decent game. The first time I got a 25% off Valve coupon.. second time I got a 25% off Valve coupon.. aaaaaaaaaand the third time I got an amazing %10 off Warner Bros. coupon. Probably the biggest fail in Steam's history. I got rid of the Valve coupons, but I still have the WB coupon. I was going to keep it as part of epic fail history, but your quest is much more important. Add me on Steam if you want it. Here's a link to my profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/axxxel

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TobbRobb

Now I kind of regret getting rid of my train simulator coupon.

I'll make up for it with a few other useless gifts for you. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't help you unfortunately, but I CAN wish you luck on your...

MISSION FROM GOD

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ateatree

Thanks for the support so far. I'm up to almost 750 coupons now, and someone intimated that the inventory limit might be 1000...

Who wants to find out?

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ateatree
    I passed the 1,000 coupon mark just a few minutes ago. Too bad they don't stack!
    I passed the 1,000 coupon mark just a few minutes ago. Too bad they don't stack!

Because I can't seem to get a full-sized image into this post by other means, check it out hereand here.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

@ateatree: I hope you send a screenshot of your 1000 coupons to Gabe. I'm sure you'll get something interesting as a reply.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Yeah, If Gabe replies post it here, please.

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ateatree
    fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fazzle

More coupons, obviously. Maybe it'll unbreak when you hit 2000

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By alistercat

Damn, I have 11 I could give you.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UnrealDP

Go send some support emails to Gabe, man! You are then required to post any and all emails you get in return!

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Laksa
    ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ateatree

So unfortunately, nothing ever came of this, in terms of a letter from Gabe. Here's the email I sent him, if you care to read it.

Being that there's about 14 hours left before the coupons go kaputnik forever, I figured I'd give some away to any 'Bombers who want one. (I know, I should have done it sooner - being unemployed, giving away coupons has not been my top priority this week.)

Post a thing here or message me on Steam - tell me you're from Giantbomb! - and I'll give you any five coupons I have left.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.