Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

KOTOR on Sale on Steam Today

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

Edited By mzuckerm

They're pretty much giving away Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Steam today ($2.25 or thereabouts).  Great chance to pick up an all-time great RPG.  My defining moment for the game: I opened a door into an alien's private room.  Naturally, he objected to me intruding on his private space (which is kind of funny, because that's something that you rarely see NPCs mention, even though it's a completely unrealistic part of most RPGs).  My selected response to this objection: "Time to die, bugface!" 

Love it.

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mzuckerm

They're pretty much giving away Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Steam today ($2.25 or thereabouts).  Great chance to pick up an all-time great RPG.  My defining moment for the game: I opened a door into an alien's private room.  Naturally, he objected to me intruding on his private space (which is kind of funny, because that's something that you rarely see NPCs mention, even though it's a completely unrealistic part of most RPGs).  My selected response to this objection: "Time to die, bugface!" 

Love it.

Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Orangefreak92

Bought it because it's cheap, and I have no idea if I'll ever play it. Damn Steam....

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Tordah

Hmm, I already own the Xbox version and totally loved the game. Maybe I should get this and do an Evil Sith playthrough?

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mzuckerm
    @Tordah: Wait, why didn't you do an Evil Sith playthrough before?  That's the only way to play KOTOR!
    mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mzuckerm
    @Orangefreak92: Have you played it before?  If not, it definitely holds up.  The graphics are a little dated (but not too badly to play), but the gameplay's great.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Tordah
    @mzuckerm:  Nope, I always play the good guy in RPGs where given the choice.
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By DarkShaper

Already have it on steam. But if I didn't I would now.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

I played the Second but never the first (I know I know, this was before I knew anything about games). Thinking I should pick this up just for 2.50.

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mzuckerm
    @Tordah: You're missing out....
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I own the disk version of it. It is tempting to buy it again on steam for such a low price, but considering the hassle I had to go through to get it running on Vista before, and I can't remember exactly what I did to get it working, it's more trouble than it's worth considering I have the disk version installed and already working.

Inuzagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Inuzagi

Never played KOTOR. Although for $2.25, that's quite the steal.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sfighter21
    @MattyFTM said:
    " I own the disk version of it. It is tempting to buy it again on steam for such a low price, but considering the hassle I had to go through to get it running on Vista before, and I can't remember exactly what I did to get it working, it's more trouble than it's worth considering I have the disk version installed and already working. "
    thanks for the reply and locking my topic, you helped me finish a quest!!  lol.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sfighter21
    @arab_prince said:
    " I played the Second but never the first (I know I know, this was before I knew anything about games). Thinking I should pick this up just for 2.50. "
    Don't think, feel.  Use your instincts...lol.  GET IT!!  Its 10x better than the second one...storywise.  They added some new mechanics and what not to the second one, so that part is a slight step back, but STILL worth it!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew
    @sfighter21: Tuesday: Too Late
    If he didn't get it yet, he'll have to pay the full $10, or $50 for the pack.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sfighter21
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @sfighter21: Tuesday: Too Late If he didn't get it yet, he'll have to pay the full $10, or $50 for the pack. "
    Oh snap!  I thought it was today's sale!  I saw it this morning and bought it for $2.50.  Talk about a close call.
    Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Genjai

Yeah, my brother gave me his disc copy a few years ago, but I've had issues getting it to run on my various crappy PC's. Now that I have steam and a video card, I snagged this yesterday and will get to finally play it!

$2.50? That's less than the burger I bought last week.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fuuuuuuuuuck.  I wish I would have seen that yesterday, totally woulda picked it up :/

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mzuckerm
    @MattyFTM:  I'm hoping Steam is distributing a version that works with modern operating systems....  They did with Deus Ex.
    mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mzuckerm
    @sfighter21: @arab_prince: I actually think the story is close to as good in the second one as in the first one.  They introduce a variety of different Dark Side characters that embody different aspects of the Dark Side, and I think at times it's done really well.  Most of the quests are well done and give fun Dark Side/Light Side choices. The way you interact with your party members is greatly improved from the first one, where you really have to have deep conversations with them to unlock their histories (and this also impacts your abilities).  The real downside is that the game was released unfinished, left out a lot of content, and doesn't end very well.  All apparently because of a rushed timeline from LucasArts (I think the sequel came out only a year and a half after the first one).  I think KOTOR II could have been one of the best RPGs of all-time if it had been finished properly.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FunExplosions

Bought it for a dollar last year, I think. I win.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Gav47

The one day I don't check Steam...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.