Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

My friend accidentally gifted stuff to me...

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

My friend was purchasing a bunch of stuff, (THQ Complete Pack, Unreal Deal Pack and TF 2). 

He wanted to gift me TF 2 but wasn't aware he was about to gift me everything in his cart. Which is what happened. 

Steam support page says they won't refund purchases. Does anyone know of an e-mail or phone number I can use to contact them and get him his games back?

I also already accepted the gifts through Steam. I did this before I found out it was an accident.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Do you want those games? If so, buy them and gift them back. That's the only thing I can think of.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @NekuSakuraba said:

" Do you want those games? Of so, buy them and gift them back. That's the only thing I can think of. "

I actually like TF 2 and the THQ Pack. The other was only 15 bucks though. I could just do that and call it his birthday present.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Lukeweizer said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:

" Do you want those games? Of so, buy them and gift them back. That's the only thing I can think of. "

I actually like TF 2 and the THQ Pack. The other was only 15 bucks though. I could just do that and call it his birthday present. "
    Sounds good! Oh and the Unreal pack is really good also, so I am sure you will enjoy it. :)
    Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

Plus if you buy the stuff back for him you will both have people you can join to play against or with online.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

See! More people should be following the example set by Santa, when making a list always check it twice...

I'll let myself out.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By IBurningStar
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " See! More people should be following the example set by Santa, when making a list always check it twice... I'll let myself out. "
    I'll give you high five as you walk out the door.
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Origina1Penguin

If you haven't redeemed the gifts, then your friend should be able to take it back through Steam. I've done it before. If you haven't redeemed through Steam or an email link, then have your friend check the drop down menus from the main toolbar. I don't remember what the selection was exactly, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. I can tell you exactly where it is after I get home from work.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

If the Steam support page says t hey won't refund games I wouldn't get too expectant about them letting you give back those games.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @Origina1Penguin said:
    " If you haven't redeemed the gifts, then your friend should be able to take it back through Steam. I've done it before. If you haven't redeemed through Steam or an email link, then have your friend check the drop down menus from the main toolbar. I don't remember what the selection was exactly, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. I can tell you exactly where it is after I get home from work. "
    I already accepted them before I talked to him and found out it was a mistake. My stupid fault.
    mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mesklinite

I did the same thing, though I was fast enough to realise this and gift myself the games. I'd contact steam support because this is clearly a big flaw in their system.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Malakhii
    @Lukeweizer said:
    " @Origina1Penguin said:
    " If you haven't redeemed the gifts, then your friend should be able to take it back through Steam. I've done it before. If you haven't redeemed through Steam or an email link, then have your friend check the drop down menus from the main toolbar. I don't remember what the selection was exactly, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. I can tell you exactly where it is after I get home from work. "
    I already accepted them before I talked to him and found out it was a mistake. My stupid fault. "
    I don't think it's your fault. If I found a bunch of games gifted to me from someone I would assume they meant it, your friend should have double checked. 
    Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @Malakhii: I would assume the same, it wouldn't stop me from feeling bad about it when I found out the truth. But that also depends on how good a friend it is.
    dablemont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By dablemont

You could also look at his wishlist and give him a game from there... I'm sure he'd appreciate that!

Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Soulglove

Say thank you!

dablemont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By dablemont
    @Soulglove said:
    " Say thank you! "
    Hahaha that too!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.