Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Only thing that pisses me off about Steam

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hunkulese

I love Steam and can never understand the problems people seem to have with it. I have found the one thing that sucks. I've always wondered why they can't save me age so i don't have to type it in every time I want to see an M rated game. But hey whatever not really a big deal right? Until you mistakenly click some random year that was less than 18 years ago and Steam manages to remember not to let me see that game until I shut down steam completely. DAMN YOU STEAM! DAMN YOU TO HELL

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Synthballs

The only thing I hate about it is the fucking sales. I want to get Disciples II. I DON'T EVEN LIKE TURN BASED!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM
    @Hunkulese:
    Oh yeah, that COULD be annoying. But after I made that clumsy mistake once, I didn't do it again. Only thing I dislike is that it takes a bit longer to install than an actual hard copy. If it says five hours, I have to wait an hour, which isn't bad, but it's not ten minutes.
    ajone241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ajone241

what pisses me off is when steam starts downloading games at a reasonably high speed (800-900kbps) but when its 0.1 to 10 MB off finishing it goes really slow! (0-5kbps) IT'S SPASTIC!  
    ColMirage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ColMirage
    @Hunkulese said:
    " I love Steam and can never understand the problems people seem to have with it. I have found the one thing that sucks. I've always wondered why they can't save me age so i don't have to type it in every time I want to see an M rated game. But hey whatever not really a big deal right? Until you mistakenly click some random year that was less than 18 years ago and Steam manages to remember not to let me see that game until I shut down steam completely. DAMN YOU STEAM! DAMN YOU TO HELL "
    That is actually not entirely Steam's fault. They have to follow a law that forces you to enter your age and to do so almost every time.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By mike
    @ColMirage: I wish there was an option to permanently associate my date of birth with my Steam account so I wouldn't be bothered with age gates.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Romination
    @Synthballs said:
    " The only thing I hate about it is the fucking sales. I want to get Disciples II. I DON'T EVEN LIKE TURN BASED! "
    You're losing money if you don't buy it at those prices!
    Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Brians
    @Romination said:

" @Synthballs said:

" The only thing I hate about it is the fucking sales. I want to get Disciples II. I DON'T EVEN LIKE TURN BASED! "
    You're losing money if you don't buy it at those prices! "
    That logic makes me think 13.60 for Game of the Year Batman Arkham Asylum is a good price. The Current Steam Sale.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Romination
    @Briguile: It's a great price. 3-d built right in... all the DLC... Dude, I have a Mac and I'm tempted.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By tebbit
    @Briguile said:
    " @Romination said:

" @Synthballs said:

That logic makes me think 13.60 for Game of the Year Batman Arkham Asylum is a good price. The Current Steam Sale. "
    Geez, I'd buy that... even though I already own the game! 

@MB said:
    " @ColMirage: I wish there was an option to permanently associate my date of birth with my Steam account so I wouldn't be bothered with age gates. "
    God, yes. I mean, they can save my credit card information easily enough, what's so hard about a few more age-related numbers?
    Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Synthballs

I don't even know if my PC can run it... I still want that Arkham.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pinworm45

I DONT EVEN LIKE BATMAN AND I WANT IT NOW

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BombKareshi

The only thing about Steam that annoys me is when I try to launch a game and it randomly tells me that "this game is not currently available".

I paid good money for the freakin' thing, so it better damn-well be available when I want to play it!

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By zegolf
    @Synthballs said:
    I feel like I'm the kid that decided not to smoke when everyone else started doing it in middle school.  You know it's probably bad for you, your parents have told you so, but you're SO not cool if you're not doing it.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Briguile said:
    " @Romination said:

" @Synthballs said:

That logic makes me think 13.60 for Game of the Year Batman Arkham Asylum is a good price. The Current Steam Sale. "
    i know, I've beaten the game on a console already but part of me wants to buy it anyway. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.