Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Please remove the railworks DLC from Steam!

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Edited By Ultimadark

Everytime I check the steam store for new games, there's always lots of Railworks DLC. Really, who plays this game? With the amount of DLC this game is releasing, they should have an option to not show it in the store.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ultimadark

Everytime I check the steam store for new games, there's always lots of Railworks DLC. Really, who plays this game? With the amount of DLC this game is releasing, they should have an option to not show it in the store.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

Hear hear!

I was just thinking the same thing, it's kind of like Steam Spam. Did you know, the DLC for it adds up to several hundreds of dollars if you get it all o_O

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By emkeighcameron

No Caption Provided
    Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ultimadark
    @BeachThunder said:
    " Hear hear!  I was just thinking the same thing, it's kind of like Steam Spam. Did you know, the DLC for it adds up to several hundreds of dollars if you get it all o_O "
    Game cost:   39,99€
    Total DLC cost:   388,15€ 

Haha this is just maaaaaaaaaaaaaad
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

It's actually an ingenious way for Kuju Entertainment to get plenty of free advertising. Think about it - all they have to do is release one engine or rail car a week, and the name of their game is always going to be right there on the newest games list.

It's definitely not accidental on their part. It's diabolical.

Riotisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Riotisonfire

What are you talking about? I love railworks I'm constantly checking steam to get the latest DLC probably spent over 300 dollars total. WHAT? Who is buying this? i get thewhole advertising thing but is it working? even if you do like trains. I think the fact that in order to get the full experience you need to pay over 300 dollars is insane. I know that you probably don't need all the dlc. But the mindset is there that you do. and as long as thats present this probably won't get that many sales. Unless i'm wrong and they sell out keys for it. who knows. i don't get it.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mesklinite

I agree that we should be able to hide games, or even publishers. That would be a great feature. Beucase like you I hate seeing them all the time. At least they're not on special anymore....
    RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RoujinX

I just added the complete Railworks pack to my cart to see what it total's up to... 

Currently: $780.49 USD.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Dalai
    @RoujinX said:
    " I just added the complete Railworks pack to my cart to see what it total's up to...  Currently: $780.49 USD. "
    I hope you accidentally bought them all because I'm sadistic like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.