Quake-Con Sale on Steam includes all Id and Bathesda games

#1 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

25% off on every bathesda game
50% off on Brink
50% off on all Doom and Qauke products

Id/Bathesda complete pack for 69.99 (thats all Id and Bathesda games, all the quakes, dooms, fallout 3 and new vegas, dlc for those, oblivion, marrowind, brink, hunted, etc), if you pre order Rage or Skyrim its 59.99, if you pre-order both, its 39.99.

useful links for people that get the Quake/Doom pack (or the complete one i guess) 

Link to Darkplaces Quake 1 conversion, allows current widescreen resolutions, anti-alising, etc... essencial really. Note that this is a patch for the STEAM VERSION ONLY

And a link to a high-res texture pack to go along with it.
(how to install this high res pack click here

http://zdoom.org/News
http://nquake.com/
http://www.q4max.com/
http://promode.org/

#2 Posted by 1337W422102 (1015 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
25% off on every bathesda game 50% off on Brink 50% off on all Doom and Qauke products  Theres also 3 Quakecon Packs in the registry, a comple Id/Bathesday pack (that should be pricey), a quake/doom pack, and a older scrolls pack, but i dont see those up yet. Will update as it goes up
Awww yeah.
#3 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

New Vegas got a price drop to 20 bucks/euros too, 15 with the current discount. But to be fair, maybe im just spoiled, but unless the Quake Con packs are amazing value... this is a WEAK ASS sale.

#4 Posted by Raven10 (1851 posts) -

Hhhmm. I already own almost every id game ever made so I don't think I need to buy any of this especially because Bethesda as a publisher has been on a major losing streak.

#5 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Skyrim is up for pre-order... the sale splash page was up for a second but its gone again, i saw a Quake Con pack for 69.99euros, if thats the one with every bathesda and id game, thats actually quite fucking good. And if you pre-order Rage AND Skyrim (not or) its 39.99

#6 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1189 posts) -

Quake 4 is finally on Steam and purchasing that gets you the "Original" Rocket Launcher for TF2.

BTW, its $19.99

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I dont see it

#8 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

dont start buying shit yet, its obvious the sale is still rolling in, final discounts might not be up yet

#9 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

seems the quakcon pack for 70bucks/euros does include every bathesda/id game, including recent stuff like Brink and Hunted (inb4thoseareshit), seems like a good deal. If the extra copies are giftable i might buy it, if not...err....i wont >_>

#10 Posted by Evilsbane (4649 posts) -

If anyone grabs the Quake Con back let us know if they become gift-able!

#11 Posted by SSully (4235 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

Quake 4 is finally on Steam and purchasing that gets you the "Original" Rocket Launcher for TF2.

BTW, its $19.99

Haha who are they trying to kid making that game 20 bucks? Why would someone pay 20 bucks for that when there are newer and better games for that price.

#12 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@SSully said:

@Icicle7x3 said:

BTW, its $19.99

Haha who are they trying to kid making that game 20 bucks? Why would someone pay 20 bucks for that when there are newer and better games for that price.

the quakecon quake/doom pack is 29.99 and it includes quake 4, obviously they want you to buy THAT one
#13 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:

doesnt seem like they are, i have the complete pack in my basket and it doesnt have the GIFT THE EXTRA GAMES TO YOUR FRIENDS message :/ thats a bummer... expected, but a bummer.  The pack for 39.99 if you pre order Rage and skyrim tho...damn >_> And i was thinking of buying at least skyrim at launch anyway
#14 Posted by Evilsbane (4649 posts) -

@Rhaknar said:

@Evilsbane said:

doesnt seem like they are, i have the complete pack in my basket and it doesnt have the GIFT THE EXTRA GAMES TO YOUR FRIENDS message :/ thats a bummer... expected, but a bummer. The pack for 39.99 if you pre order Rage and skyrim tho...damn >_> And i was thinking of buying at least skyrim at launch anyway

Well, guess what I am not buying today, haha they almost had me Preordering Rage and Skyrim (Getting them regardless just...didn't intend to drop 120 in a day just to speed 39 more lol)

#15 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Evilsbane said:

doesnt seem like they are, i have the complete pack in my basket and it doesnt have the GIFT THE EXTRA GAMES TO YOUR FRIENDS message :/ thats a bummer... expected, but a bummer. The pack for 39.99 if you pre order Rage and skyrim tho...damn >_> And i was thinking of buying at least skyrim at launch anyway

Well, guess what I am not buying today, haha they almost had me Preordering Rage and Skyrim (Getting them regardless just...didn't intend to drop 120 in a day just to speed 39 more lol)

im on the exact same boat >_> If i hadnt just gotten fallout 3, new vegas and oblivion in the summersale i would do it for sure...
#16 Edited by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -

I'm going to urge everyone who's interested in horror stuff to pick up Call of Cthulhu. It is definitely more than a bit broken, but overall, it's a great creepy game.

#17 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
I'm going to urge everyone who's interested in horror stuff to pick up Call of Cthulhu. It is definitely bit broken, but overall, it's a great creepy game.
yeah ive had that on my wishlist for ages
#18 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1189 posts) -

@Rhaknar said:

@SSully said:

@Icicle7x3 said:

BTW, its $19.99

the quakecon quake/doom pack is 29.99 and it includes quake 4, obviously they want you to buy THAT one

It sucks for us that already own all the Doom/Quake games on steam.

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
@BeachThunder said:
I'm going to urge everyone who's interested in horror stuff to pick up Call of Cthulhu. It is definitely bit broken, but overall, it's a great creepy game.
yeah ive had that on my wishlist for ages
Just so you (and others) know, If you do get it, there is a huge game breaking 'invisible reef glitch' - you will probably know it if you see it. If you do encounter it, unfortunately the best option is to just download someone else's save file and continue from there...
#20 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -

The only game from the id/Bethesda complete pack I already have is Oblivion GOTY. So I reckon it works out as a pretty sweet deal for me. May go ahead and pick it up.

The whole buy Skyrim AND Rage thing is a bummer though. If there was a discount for either/or then I would be all over it. As it is, I think Rage is looking pretty ropey, so no way am I going to drop any money on a pre-order.

#21 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

It's a great deal, but I already own every single game in that pack except Quake 4. The id pack was the first pack from a company other than Valve to be put on Steam, back in mid 2007. I bought it then for almost this same price. Now it has the Bethesda games, but I own those each at least three times over as well.

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11918 posts) -

I have no real interest in filling up my steam library with more games that I'm probably not going to play, but hey, for the daily deal all of the King's Bounty games are 75% off. If I didn't already own them, I'd probably capitalize on that.

#23 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

is it me or the UK doesnt get the rage+skyrim discount on the quakecon pack, they only get a Rage pre-order discount... wassup with THAT

#24 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

Oh. Derp on me. It turns out there ARE individual discounts for buying the complete pack with either Rage or Skyrim. My bad. 

If you add the pack + one of the above games to the cart, the price of the complete pack drops from 69.99 to 54.99. Add both, and it drops by a further fifteen to 39.99. Hmmmmmm... now I have some considering to consider to perhaps ponder.

#25 Posted by Evilsbane (4649 posts) -

@Rhaknar said:

is it me or the UK doesnt get the rage+skyrim discount on the quakecon pack, they only get a Rage pre-order discount... wassup with THAT

Clearly iD/Beth decided that those crooked teeth bastards didn't deserve such an amazing deal! But really? Why, do they really actually have something against the UK? I mean its just a deal on steam..maybe they have some kind of issue with the newer games being lumped in IS EUROPE BUYING BRINK? Come on now!

#26 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:

@Rhaknar said:

Clearly iD/Beth decided that those crooked teeth bastards didn't deserve such an amazing deal! But really? Why, do they really actually have something against the UK? I mean its just a deal on steam..maybe they have some kind of issue with the newer games being lumped in IS EUROPE BUYING BRINK? Come on now!

also on the uk splash page it says the complete pack is 31 games, but in US and (some of?) europe its 34 games (its 34 for me on steam), what 3 games is UK missing in the pack?
#27 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

Id love to get quake 4 but that price  is just too high

#28 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

for the first time ever on steam, i feel a very distinct "this is how they get ya" moment...

i keep adding and removing the games from my cart, both justifying the value or just saying to myself i wouldnt play the dooms or quakes or whatever. Im fucking bypolar with this shit. It basically comes down to 2 points:

A) would i buy Skyrim and Rage at full price. Skyrim most likely, Rage, probably not (especially now that my rush from having a new videocard is long gone)
b) would i buy just the games that i dont own from the pack for 39.99... and that one is probably a yes. Hunted (which i actually want to play), Brink, all Dooms, all Quakes, Heretic and Hexens, Cthulu, Marrowind, the latest New Vegas DLC, Rogue Warrior (lol),,, thats 40bucks worth of content right there i think.

But of course the 39.99 is only if you pre-order the other 2, which is where the "this is how they get ya" feeling comes in >_>

#29 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

do the Quake games even have a single player component to them? Im sure i just offended a bunch of people with that question, but i wasnt a PC gamer back in my younger days so I have no idea really

#30 Posted by groin (848 posts) -

@Rhaknar said:

do the Quake games even have a single player component to them? Im sure i just offended a bunch of people with that question, but i wasnt a PC gamer back in my younger days so I have no idea really

Yes, they all have single player campaigns. Quake 3's singleplayer is just multiplayer with bots though.

#31 Posted by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

Bought the QuakeCon 2011 Pack, just couldn't resist since I did not own any of those games so it was an amazing deal to me. Kind of funny when you consider the name since I've never like Quake and bought this mostly for the Bethesda games and a few old ones from id Software.

#32 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

one question before i get home from work and take the plunge on the complete pack... do the oldies like doom, heretic, the hexen adn quake games run fine on win7? Even if i end up not playing any of them, i would at lest like to fucking try them... nothing pisses me off the most about steam than buying broken games. I remember the entire Star Wars pack being broken and i couldnt start any game (oh wait i managed to play dark forces 1) and more recently, Stubbs The Zombie in the summer sale (and lo and behold, its now GONE from steam...what a fucking surprise). 

So, how tdo they hold up, not as games, but as running them?
#33 Posted by Heltom92 (714 posts) -

This sale came at a good time, my 360 version of New Vegas seems to have shit the bed so I will probably get it on Steam now. Not as cheap as it was in the summer sale but oh well.

#34 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Heltom92 said:
This sale came at a good time, my 360 version of New Vegas seems to have shit the bed so I will probably get it on Steam now. Not as cheap as it was in the summer sale but oh well.
its EXACTLY as cheap as the summer sale since it had a price drop. Also, there will be a fallout day so wait for that if you only want new vegas
#35 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

what kind of dark wizardry is at work with Zdoom? Anyone that got the doom / quake pack NEEDS to get this little app (in case you didnt know or didnt have the doom games)... Im playing Doom, Heretic, Hexen etc at 1920X1020 and instead of looking like a pixelated mess, they look...great? And i have full mouse look control? Oh shit... surely this is the work of the dark god Cthulhu, how can a little 3meg program do this shit? :O

Oh and the app automatically detects all doom engine games on steam, so you can even add the app to steam (via the add a non-steam game thing, just add the zdoom exe) and open it from there, and then select the game. Im seriously impressed and i went from /meh to /ill actually play these games now. I posted it in the first page btw, along with some other mods (theres one for Quake 1 that does something similar, but even more, almost remakes it aparently)

#36 Posted by Trilleong (80 posts) -

I just bought the pack. While I owned both on the 360 at one point, I wanted Oblivion and New Vegas + DLC and when that added up to $50 I decided it was worth the extra $20 to get everything else even though I might never play them. Such is the power of a Steam sale.

#37 Posted by Cyphalon (19 posts) -

Really don't think it will be the case but just wonder if I pre-order Skyrim for myself and a friend will I magically get 40% of the Quakecon pack instead of 20%? Sorry for the dumb question.

#38 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Cyphalon said:
Really don't think it will be the case but just wonder if I pre-order Skyrim for myself and a friend will I magically get 40% of the Quakecon pack instead of 20%? Sorry for the dumb question.
if you pre-order skyrim and rage, you can get the full discount on any pack you buy, even for gifts. I got the complete pack, and i can still it again for the full discount price.

Updated the OP with a link to a Quake patch for the steam version to apply the Darkplaces Conversion, works perfectly, and its pretty much essencial. Allows for current widescreen resolutions, anti alising, etc.  Also adding a link to a hi-res texture pack, one of the best ones i hear.
#39 Posted by lordolunch (9 posts) -

If quake were like ten bucks I would totally buy it, not 20 though. :( Might go ahead and pick up oblivion just to hold me over till Skyrim

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.