Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

So how did I do? (First Steam Sale)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Redsox44

I've finally joined the Master Race! Haha so you know I was excited when the steam sales came on and games I've been interested in were cut in price by more than half. I didn't go on a mass spending spree but I feel I did pretty good with the games I chose and that ill be busy playing them for a very long time.

No Caption Provided

My first purchase was none other than The STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl/Call of Pripyat bundle for $8.74: I've been playing Shadow of Chernobyl now with the complete 2009 mod and have clocked in 6 hours and im really enjoying it even its pretty weird. Can't wait to get to Call of Pripyat.

No Caption Provided

Next I got Super Meat Boy for $3.74 and liked it so much I gifted it to a friend for another $3.74 Also CS:Source popped up in my inventory after I did this so Yay!? I guess not really interested in playing it though.

And the rest of my purchasing came today, it consisted of Civilization V Game of the Year edition for $16.99. Haven't played it yet but I was hooked to the demo for 2 hours straight before it ended so I know I'm gonna love it.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In addition I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $16.99 and am really excited to get into it. Might have to save it till i finish shadow of Chernobyl though to not get too sidetracked. And last of all I Bought GRID for $3.74 because I fucking love codemasters racing games and I've already played the dirt games on xbox.

Ok I did have one fail lol. I bought The Witcher 2 for $23.99 but it runs like shit so I'll have to wait till I upgrade my built in video card to a new one that comes out next year which will also be the time i get BF3 and Skyrim again even though I already have them on 360 and love em there but they seem like they'll be really unique experiences on PC not to mention better graphics.

So did I do well or do I still need to work on my Steam sale shopping skills? lol

No Caption Provided

Did your steam sale shopping go as good as I feel mine did? Better? (Sorry if the pictures look like a mess I inserted them after I finished typing since I thought it looked too boring) :)

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I've only played one of the games on the list, and I like what I've played of it. So solid choice, I guess.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Redsox44

Haha ok I just thought I would share.@Video_Game_King: Which one?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Super Meat Boy.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Redsox44

Nice

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ShaunassNZ

You did good compared to me. I bought nothing at all.

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CosmicQueso

Congratz... good stuff. There are millions more to check out. Have you tried Defense Grid? What about Nuclear Dawn? Rock of Ages? Sequence? They can all be had for peanuts and are great. Then there are the crazy ones out there that can only be on PC like Panzer Corps, A10-C Warthog and even Universe Sandbox. You got some great stuff, just don't be afraid to drop < $10 more before the end of the sale and pick up a couple of these crazy games. You'll dig em.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ShaunassNZ said:

You did good compared to me. I bought nothing at all.

Same here, but I still managed to get a few games. I'm surprised, too.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DeF

you bought excellent games!

Among other, smaller games, I grabbed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. "Call of Pripyat" and "Clear Sky" (already have Shadows of Chernobyl on disc) myself :)

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By shadows_kill

You did better than my first steam sale thats for sure. Lucky you got CS:S the great gift pile..

This year I bought Fable, Civ 5, world of goo, and a friend gave me super meat boy!

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ShadowSkill11

That's a good start. But when you get to 247 games like me your Kung-Fu will truly be strong.

ironjuju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ironjuju

Steam sales are awesome. I would recommend checking out Amazon game downloads too because they are starting to have even better deals than Steam sometimes (i.e. Deus Ex HR for 10 bucks).

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Talis12

@ShadowSkill11 said:

That's a good start. But when you get to 247 games like me your Kung-Fu will truly be strong.

indeed.. at one moment you reach the point where you either have all the games or dont want them lol. i dont have everything yet but its becoming more difficult with each sale

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gizmo

Borderlands and every Valve game and you should be set.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.