So what type of Wiki page will SteamOS and/or SteamBox have?

#1 Edited by Forcen (1856 posts) -

Will it be a concept like Steam or a Platform like Linux? Will it be separate pages or are they considered the same thing? Probably better to wait until all surprises are revealed to make pages but still.

They have said that there will be "native" games for SteamOS and presumably Steambox or whatever they end up calling it. We have to attach those games to some kind of Wiki page right?

#2 Edited by CatsAkimbo (645 posts) -

I took "native" to just mean that it was running directly on the box rather than streamed from another computer, that doesn't necessarily mean it's different from a linux version of the game. As long as all the games that run on this can also run on mac/windows/linux, I don't really see it as a new platform, but just another way to play pc/mac/linux games.

#3 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -

@catsakimbo: Yeah, I see what you mean. That sounds a bit like you described the Ouya though, kind of similar in that aspect.

#4 Edited by BisonHero (7069 posts) -

I'm sure people are already jumping the gun on making wiki entries, but I tend to agree that we should wait for everything to get announced in the next couple days so we know how all of this fits together. The wiki isn't a news publication; it doesn't need to get the "scoop" on the story the second it is announced, before we know many details.

#5 Posted by MX (247 posts) -

If steam lists SteamOS and Linux as two seperate operating system, it would be logical to make it a platform. But it is probably smart to hold out until more info is released

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.