Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Space Quest and Kings Quest now on Steam

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ouroboros

Both complete collections.  Both are selling right now for 14.99, normally 19.99.  The price goes back up on July 30th.

Vista and XP64 users, the Kings Quest Collection apparently may work on your system.  It's not officially supported.

Edit:  Now all we need is Quest for Glory and we're set.  =D
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By jonnyboy

Space quest 1,2 and 3 are classics and you can't, repeat, CAN NOT afford to miss these total gems.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ouroboros
    @jonnyboy: Space Quest 5 is my absolute favourite of the bunch, but I adore 3 as well.
    BlameTheGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlameTheGame

Looks good, i'll take a look.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jimbo
    Police Quest and Quest for Glory were awesome (ignore the filthy lies on the bombcast this week).  Weird that they didn't put those up too - I think the Quest boxsets all came out at the same time.

I'd pick up King's Quest if it didn't basically say "these may or may not work".  Thanks Steam.
    Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ouroboros
    @Jimbo: Just found this thread, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923874 - where people are buying the games and testing them on their Vista XP64 systems.  It doesnt look too bad, the gist of it so far is all the KQ games work except for KQ7.  Two posts about that, one says it doesnt work at all and another says it will only work in a window.

I think the games are based on Dos Box emulation.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jimbo
    @Ouroboros: Thanks, tail-eater.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

Space Quest was my first PC game. Good times.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By metal_mills

Fuck them. Just another money grab by activision trying to leech of the success of the LucasArts games. Not only did they not update anything but didn't even support XP and Vista? Also double the price of Monkey Island. Screw that.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Metal_Mills: So what?Yes, we can thank LucasArts for that, but at least they're out now.
    Windows XP is supported. It's Windows XP 64-Bit Edition and Windows Vista that (allegedly) don't work. King's Quest Collection was released before Window Vista, so that's really not surprising. But some people have been able to get the games to run on Vista, so it's not all bad. I think it's a DOSBox issue really, and not something Activision has control over.

My main issue with this is that they put King's Quest Collection and Space Quest Collection on Steam, but not Police Quest Collection and Leisure Suit Larry Collection, which were released at the same time.

Yes, it's twice the price of Monkey Island, but it also has six times as many games. And for the same price as four LucasArts classic adventure games, you can get six from Sierra. Price is not an issue; Activision actually has the advantage there. It's a matter of preference more than anything else.
    Avatar image for altered_confusion
    Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

User Lists: 1

I bought them both since I have such fond memories of them. I really wish they got the monkey island treatment and the graphics got upgraded. I'm having some strange artifacting going on in the older games, but man did I play the hell out of these games when I was young.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.