Steam Autumn Sale starts tomorrow....

• 165 results
#1 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

According to Secret of the Magic Crystals devs, the Steam Autumn sale starts on November 21st and goes to the 27th. See here...

Also gives details on the winter sale...

Anybody have hopes like I do that Borderlands 2 or Farming Simulator goes on sale? What are you hoping to buy? I'm also curious if there will be a gimmick to this sale (coal, community voting, lottery, etc)

#2 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

oh great... the week before payday AGAIN. why don't the guys at steam put the sale on at the begining of the month when i have my disposable income to play with.

otherwise it all get spent on drugs

#3 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

Hoping for a decent discount on Civ 5: Gods and Kings.

Also surprised this isn't a 'fall' sale.

#4 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Is your wallet READY?!

#5 Posted by Armoes (64 posts) -

Hmmm.

I was waiting for a sale, but just bought XCOM at full price a couple days ago. Oh well, fun game. (Also, I don't know yet if it would go on sale anyway.)

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

:o

Probably won't buy too much, I already have a lot of games on my plate. Also, Gog's got a sale on now - 5 games for $10.

#7 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Give me xcoooom

#8 Posted by Andorski (5330 posts) -

Hope Dishonored gets a good discount. That and Assassin's Creed 3 are the only two major game releases left this year that I'm looking forward to, and I doubt ACIII will get any sale.

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4363 posts) -

Wait what? So many sales, I was just expecting the winter one.

#10 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Will probably pick some older games that I won't have the time to play for another era.

#11 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Hmm, weird they'd do a Haloween sale as well as an Autumn sale. Nothing I'm particularly interested in getting, but I might end up splashing out on something if it really catches my eye. Too many games I already haven't played to buy any more this time by I think.

#12 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

It's really more of a black Friday sale. They do it every year.

#13 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -

Autumn sale before Christmas sale? Might just resist till Christmas, it'll be better anyway.

#14 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2011 posts) -

Unless a few full price games are discounted super hard, I'll just wait for the Xmas sale.

#15 Posted by Lumley (960 posts) -

Oh god, I've already got too many games to play. I must resist buying more games.

#16 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (410 posts) -

NO steam! BAD steam!

Seriously Valve, it's the holidays and I have to buy presents, have a heart.

....okay maybe if I just get this $7 game

#17 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

@Andorski: I completely forgot about AC3, would love to pick that game up too.... at 75% off.

#18 Posted by GnomeonFire (750 posts) -

I'm hoping for an XCOM sale and a really good Dark Souls sale.

@GS_Dan: It was like $7 on amazon the other day. And I believe most of the games on Amazon give you a code for steam anyway.

#19 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Hoping for Skyrim to be cheap, now that I have an awesome PC to play it on (even if I already have it on 360).

#20 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@jonnybob said:

@Andorski: I completely forgot about AC3, would love to pick that game up too.... at 75% off.

its not out yet though

#21 Posted by ki11tank (682 posts) -

keep an eye out guys they'll probably have GTA on sale, be ready!!!

seriously though all i can think of that I want to buy for PC is the witcher 2 enhanced and hotline miami, want a smokin good deal on both. other than that i'll buy all the games i want to support for $5 or under.

#22 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Way to leave out the people who are paid bi-weekly/monthly, Valve.

#23 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

@jonnybob said:

its not out yet though

Shit, you're right, I can't see them discounting a game that comes out in 3 hours......

#24 Posted by believer258 (11948 posts) -

You guys should manage money better...

#25 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

As I said on the Sleeping Dogs thread that I just posted, between Green Man Gaming, Amazon's weekly deals, and Steamgifts, I hardly even buy games directly through Steam anymore.

#26 Posted by Kidavenger (3569 posts) -

The Halloween sale was the first Steam sale I hadn't bought at least one game in years, hopefully this one is a bit more interesting given the competition that Amazon has been bringing this year.

#27 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@believer258 said:

thats easier said than done when you like drugs as much as id do. its games or drugs. and food for the baby of course

#28 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

To those of you that weren't expecting this somehow: they do a Thanksgiving sale every year.

#29 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

I'll be awaiting this with great interest.

#30 Posted by onarum (2108 posts) -

yeah gonna have to let this one pass, maybe I'll get something under 10 bucks, only maybe, star citizen kinda dried me out for the month ;p

#31 Edited by ki11tank (682 posts) -

You guys complain about getting paid monthly, bi weekly lol

I get paid randomly, sometimes nothing for months, sometimes my entire year in a few weeks, fun times.

#32 Posted by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

@ki11tank said:

I get paid randomly

Please tell me you're a professional gambler.

#33 Posted by Atlas (2449 posts) -

Hmm, not really sure what my shopping list is going to be this year as I still have loads of games I haven't played from the last few sales. Would like to get FTL and Orcs Must Die! 2, maybe the new King's Bounty game...maaaybe War of the Roses if the price is right. Oh, and Mark of the Ninja would be great as well.

Gotta catch up on 2012 games while it's still 2012, I guess.

#34 Posted by ki11tank (682 posts) -

@BeachThunder: performance based investments manager. always funny to here people complain about having to manage a paycheck for like a month or two weeks, if worst case scenario event happens I'm already looking out 2 years lol.

#35 Posted by Captivelemon (14 posts) -

Isn't there a Steam Christmas sale too?

waiting for XCOM... and shogun 2 dlc lol

#36 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Are you saying that it's not wise to spend all of my money on games when I have to pay for a trip to Switzerland later this month?

#37 Posted by TobbRobb (4663 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@believer258 said:

Are you saying that it's not wise to spend all of my money on games when I have to pay for a trip to Switzerland later this month?

Don't listen to him! Spend all of the money!

#38 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

@jonnybob said:

its not out yet though

it's out Nov 20th in the US. 22 for EU

#39 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: It is most certainly wise!

Always be spending!

#40 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#41 Posted by Ben_H (3366 posts) -

Xcom please! 

I actually have money so this sale and the Christmas sale will not go well.

#42 Posted by DaMaJaDiZ (59 posts) -

This never works out well for my wallet. Nor my remaining disk space.

#43 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Damnit, why did I spend the remainder of my available monthly income last night on a shitty Amazon order? I hope I get my next check at the end of the month before this sale is over.

#44 Posted by NinetySevenA (50 posts) -

Hoping for some nice deals on the Skyrim DLC. If not I'll wait until the Christmas sale.

#45 Posted by Brake (1100 posts) -

I'll probably end up getting Hotline Miami if it's in any kind of sale. I have too much to play on other platforms right now to run wild on this sale.

#46 Posted by RazielCuts (2959 posts) -

Does anyone know what time this starts? GoG are doing a 'Pick 5' sale for $10 http://www.gog.com/pick_5_pay_10 which has some pretty good games in it but I'm waiting to see if they're in the Steam sale first.

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

@RazielCuts: In my experience they usually flip the switch on stuff like this around 12pm-3pm Eastern time.

#48 Posted by Nightriff (5096 posts) -

Civ5 goes cheap and then I'm good to go for the holidays. That's all I need Steam, just give that to me

#49 Posted by Ares42 (2687 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

Civ5 goes cheap and then I'm good to go for the holidays. That's all I need Steam, just give that to me

If you just want base Civ 5 I'm sure I'm far from the only one sitting on an extra copy since the X-Com pre-order.

#50 Posted by onarum (2108 posts) -
@DaMaJaDiZ said:

This never works out well for my wallet. Nor my remaining disk space.

yeah same here, I can only Thank god for credit card limits ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.