Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Cloud Help?

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By XxRANGAxX

(Yes I have done a search on the forums and yes i did find the you might suggest I look at, but i know way dose it help that's why I'm creating a new one)

So on my old computer I ran the steam back up utility and backed up my old games now I've restored them and none of the steam cloud games have the saves and settings they originally did so I am wondering how do you run the steam cloud thing so that all the info that is synced with steam cloud is downloaded back to my new computer?

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By infininja
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Infininja said:
    " @XxRANGAxX: I got lost in your run on and couldn't find my way back. "
    Me too, and I have a GPS.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon
    @XxRANGAxX: Right click on the game you want to use the Steam Cloud for; go to Properties then over to the Updates tab;  Then make sure that you have Steam Cloud Synchronization on. Double check that for both computers, and it should be fine.
    XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By XxRANGAxX
    @Driadon: thanks but that is ticked and steam cloud is enabled and on my old comp i no it synced to server, but on my new comp i want to force a sync because it hasn't done it yet, and when i go into properties enable steam cloud is ticked and is says eg: 97.82mb is avalible but it dosnt download to my comp and i want to know how to make it do that?
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon
    @XxRANGAxX: I think you might be out of luck through Steam Cloud. Best option if it stays like this is to send the save data to a flash drive and bring it over. Heck, if it's small enough, you might be able to even upload it to a sharing service and transfer it that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.