Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Greenlight highlights

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Edited By Kidavenger
    No Caption Provided

I've seen everything that Steam Greenlight has to offer, here are they are

The Best: Routine; survival horror based on 80's sci-fi, easily the best graphics and trailer out of everything up so far, day one buy for me.

Incredipede; Grow as many legs as you need! Looks a bit like World of Goo, but that's not a bad thing.

Other games that look promising:

Submerge underwater 16 player RTS

Pitiri 1977 RPG/platformer set in the 70s

Neocolonialism Destroy the earth in the most boring way possible, count me in; seriously.

Mcpixel everyone here should know this game, get it on Steam!

Octodad ...

There were a few games that I'm hopeful for, but they could easily go either way:

Kenshi An open ended, open world, sandbox RPG; sounds alot like a single player Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided which could be great or really bad.

Saturday Morning RPG hands down the best concept in the whole greenlight catalog, best concept I've heard in awhile in general, but the art is god awful in the game as it is, the whole game looks really rough, hope they don't rush this, it could be great.

Pro Wrestling X: Uprising again, this game looks really rough and I'm not really a wrestling fan, but the guy says he's trying to make it like the classic N64 wresting games and those were just good games period.

In Verbus Virtus completely voice controlled game, probably going to suck, but it's definitely something new on PC anyway. Graphics look to be pretty good quality and stylewise.

Project Zomboid Zombie sandbox, overhead perspective, looks interesting, pure survival. I think this is the highest rated game in greenlight now at 5%.

Now for the worst:

La guerre des galaxie MS paint / cut and paste your way to a game.

No Caption Provided
    Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger
    No Caption Provided

I've seen everything that Steam Greenlight has to offer, here are they are

The Best: Routine; survival horror based on 80's sci-fi, easily the best graphics and trailer out of everything up so far, day one buy for me.

Incredipede; Grow as many legs as you need! Looks a bit like World of Goo, but that's not a bad thing.

Other games that look promising:

Submerge underwater 16 player RTS

Pitiri 1977 RPG/platformer set in the 70s

Neocolonialism Destroy the earth in the most boring way possible, count me in; seriously.

Mcpixel everyone here should know this game, get it on Steam!

Octodad ...

There were a few games that I'm hopeful for, but they could easily go either way:

Kenshi An open ended, open world, sandbox RPG; sounds alot like a single player Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided which could be great or really bad.

Saturday Morning RPG hands down the best concept in the whole greenlight catalog, best concept I've heard in awhile in general, but the art is god awful in the game as it is, the whole game looks really rough, hope they don't rush this, it could be great.

Pro Wrestling X: Uprising again, this game looks really rough and I'm not really a wrestling fan, but the guy says he's trying to make it like the classic N64 wresting games and those were just good games period.

In Verbus Virtus completely voice controlled game, probably going to suck, but it's definitely something new on PC anyway. Graphics look to be pretty good quality and stylewise.

Project Zomboid Zombie sandbox, overhead perspective, looks interesting, pure survival. I think this is the highest rated game in greenlight now at 5%.

Now for the worst:

La guerre des galaxie MS paint / cut and paste your way to a game.

No Caption Provided
    me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By me3639

I am also really enjoying Project Greenlight but it also brought into light how immature the internet continues to spiral down. I really feel bad for a lot of these developers. Some of these teams are but one person trying to create something fun and new for our enjoyment and the comments on some of the games are just brutal. As someone with Zero creative skills for those who leave such hurtful comments all i can say is stop playing games and start coding if you think you can do better.

DeadVillager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DeadVillager

@me3639 said:

I am also really enjoying Project Greenlight but it also brought into light how immature the internet continues to spiral down. I really feel bad for a lot of these developers. Some of these teams are but one person trying to create something fun and new for our enjoyment and the comments on some of the games are just brutal. As someone with Zero creative skills for those who leave such hurtful comments all i can say is stop playing games and start coding if you think you can do better.

Some of the teams, yes. I get increasingly infuriated every time I see a minecraft knock-off, zombie themed game, or a game with the name Slender in it's title, though. And indie devs shouldn't be comfortable trying to release Myfirstgame.rxproj on Steam.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By seannao

I was surprised by how FEW Minecrafty-clones there were given how overrun XBLIG was. That being said, I've downvoted most of the overt knock offs. There are a few games I saw that were similar in concept (wow sandbox make whatever you want!!), like TOWNS ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92927895 ), that were well and away unique enough to deserve some kinda support, but at the same time, a lot of the sandboxy games end up colliding with things that already exist, but in far jankier ways than Second Life already achieves.

But yeah. Can't wait for Routine!

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Slab64

Yes, Routine looks dope. I think the style and atmosphere really look great, even though it's very early.

defe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By defe

Thanks for the rundown. That's a good way for me to get at the big list of games they have up there. I'm on my way to upvote Incredipede.

Dawglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Dawglet

My favorite one got removed. :'(

No Caption Provided
    stryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stryk
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PillClinton

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.