Steam Halloween Sale!

• 69 results
#1 Posted by BeachThunder (12307 posts) -

Looks like there's a whole bunch of horror and kind-of-scary-ish games on sale on Steam at the moment. And there are some pretty good deals too :o

Also, Trains Vs. Zombies... =\

#2 Edited by AlexW00d (6389 posts) -

YAY SALE

Fuck I already own everything worth owning.

#3 Posted by Aas (604 posts) -

Vampire: The Masquerade is on sale. Excellent timing!

#4 Posted by Witzig (334 posts) -

Hurray steam sale I'm broke but I'll still buy something.

#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

Dead Space 1 and 2 for $17 is a great deal.

#6 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Darn. Nothing I am interested in.

#7 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

Trains vs Zombies was pretty funny. I'm pretty sure all these simulators are terrible and no one can tell. Can anyone tell me if Amnesia is really gory? I like a really tense atmosphere but don't really like gore.

#8 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Capcom keeps trolling us with their steam sales prices

#9 Posted by rentfn (1285 posts) -

Zombies vs Trains...WTF. Where were you when you realized putting zombies in games have gone too far.

#10 Posted by picklecannon (265 posts) -

@BirdkeeperDan said:

Trains vs Zombies was pretty funny. I'm pretty sure all these simulators are terrible and no one can tell. Can anyone tell me if Amnesia is really gory? I like a really tense atmosphere but don't really like gore.

There isn't really any gore unless you count massive fleshy looking blobs that you only really see for a few seconds at a time.

Also trains vs zombies quick look has to happen!

#11 Posted by zaglis (910 posts) -

@rentfn said:

Zombies vs Trains...WTF. Where were you when you realized putting zombies in games have gone too far.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL SON.

#12 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1474 posts) -

Nothing fancies my interest D: but i cant leave empty handed, anyone know if the Overlord games are any good?

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (12307 posts) -

@BirdkeeperDan said:

Can anyone tell me if Amnesia is really gory? I like a really tense atmosphere but don't really like gore.

Some parts are, but it's definitely a lot more about atmosphere than gore. Honestly, if you're at all interested in the game, I would recommend picking it up, without doubt one of the best games from last year.

Also, the only game I'm tempted with is Rock of Ages...is it actually horror related though? o_o

#14 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

Don't you love when steam sells games that should be like 40 bucks for like 7 dollars?

I love you steam.

#15 Posted by warpedzappa (74 posts) -

I own most of these games already dammit. Maybe I'll play through Amnesia again. Seems appropriate.

#16 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

@thebunnyhunter said:

Nothing fancies my interest D: but i cant leave empty handed, anyone know if the Overlord games are any good?

Yeah for that price it's highly enjoyable, especially the second one

Also Vampire should be 2.50 Euro already, it's 8 years old

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

EVERYBODY!. GO BUY VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE BLOODLINES!

#18 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Trains vs Zombies: GOTY 2011.

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (12307 posts) -

It's not listed on the page, but Limbo is on sale too :o

#20 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Ghost busters, dead space 2, amnesia for $16.78. Probably gonna pick up the borderlands GOTY four pack as well. Thank you steam god

#21 Posted by Forcen (1847 posts) -
#22 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6358 posts) -

Decided to pick up a bunch of the adventure games on sale, like Dracula Origin and the Sherlock Holmes games. Man, I love Steam sales, because otherwise I'd never give games like these a chance and it's usually where I end up finding new guilty pleasures.

#23 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Stalker games are also on sale for $8 (minus Clear Sky, but that was by far the worst). Very much worth it.

Lots of really good games on there.

#24 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Stalker is finally on sale again, it took them long enough.

And Rock of Ages is on sale for some reason.

Damn, I was just getting used to having money.

#25 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

fuck yeah penumbra

#26 Posted by BeachThunder (12307 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

And Rock of Ages is on sale for some reason.

Looks like there's actually a Halloween update:

#27 Posted by Seauton (116 posts) -

Amnesia for 4 bones? I am a coward and....how can I not buy it? Damn you Steam.

#28 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@Toms115 said:

fuck yeah penumbra

If you haven't yet played it, get Black Plague. The first Penumbra is not that great, honestly.

#29 Edited by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

@Shookems: I believe the Dead Space price includes both Dead Space 1 and 2.

*Sorry read your post wrong, all of those together are that price.

#30 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

Ghostbusters for $2.50. That is a fucking steal.

#31 Posted by sergeantz (145 posts) -

Ghostbusters, Rock of Ages, Limbo, and Bunch of Heroes for me. Would have gotten Dead Space 2 as well, but it isn't available to me 'cause Germany (fart noise with mouth). I hope Bunch of Heroes is good.

#32 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12008 posts) -

Dead Space 2 for $10? Yes please. I do think I will capitalize on that.

#33 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@sergeantz said:

Ghostbusters, Rock of Ages, Limbo, and Bunch of Heroes for me. Would have gotten Dead Space 2 as well, but it isn't available to me 'cause Germany (fart noise with mouth). I hope Bunch of Heroes is good.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DS2UK/dead-space-2

Don't know how GamersGate deals with Germany, but DS2 is on there for ~$15. I imagine there wouldn't be any restrictions, considering they often sell games worldwide where they otherwise would be region-restricted on Steam, D2D and such. Worth a shot if you're not fussed about having the game on Steam.

#34 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

YAY SALE

Fuck I already own everything worth owning.

#35 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

Is Bioshock 2 worth $5? I bought the first one the day it came out and loved it but I've heard bad things about the sequel.

#36 Posted by XtremePudim (90 posts) -

i bought Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, even though i have a physical copy of it 2 feet from me right now, because installing games is kind of a chore.

Humanity is doomed

#37 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@ABK_92: I bought Bioshock 2 a while back in a steam sale and GFWL literally made it unplayable. As in, could not get the game to update and literally couldn't play. If anyone here knows how to fix the endless GFWL update loop of death let me know, I'd really like to play that game some day.

#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Mother of god.

#39 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

@SlasherMan said:

@Toms115 said:

fuck yeah penumbra

If you haven't yet played it, get Black Plague. The first Penumbra is not that great, honestly.

it's only £3.99 for both, so i might as well just get the pack.

#40 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Vampire the Fucking Masquerade: Bloodlines. Five bucks. Deal.

#41 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -

well fuck

I don't have money right now really, at least not that I'm comfortable spending. It's going to be hard enough for me to swing getting BF3 at some point in the near future.

#42 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@Toms115 said:

@SlasherMan said:

@Toms115 said:

fuck yeah penumbra

Just saying, those £2.2 could go towards something that you'd enjoy more.

I played both, and honestly just felt that Overture was them still trying to find the right spot for their game and just figuring out what works and what doesn't. Black Plague is where they absolutely nail it IMO, and Amensia of course is almost the epitome of the survival horror gaming genre.

#43 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

@SlasherMan said:

@Toms115 said:

@SlasherMan said:

@Toms115 said:

fuck yeah penumbra

Just saying, those £2.2 could go towards something that you'd enjoy more.

I played both, and honestly just felt that Overture was them still trying to find the right spot for their game and just figuring out what works and what doesn't. Black Plague is where they absolutely nail it IMO, and Amensia of course is almost the epitome of the survival horror gaming genre.

i'll take my chances. it really isn't that much money, and the more money that goes to frictional games the better.

#44 Posted by Brake (1118 posts) -

No daily deals? I think I'll just wait for the winter sale.

#45 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@CL60 said:

BUT I CAN'T RUN IT!

#46 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@CL60 said:

BUT I CAN'T RUN IT!

BUY IT ANYWAY.

Wait, you can't play a game that old?

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@CL60:

I put it into System Requirements Lab, and it told me that my computer was shit.

#48 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@CL60 said:

BUT I CAN'T RUN IT!

And you think I can? I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 on a computer with 512 MB of memory and no hard drive. But that's not stopping me.
#49 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I somehow managed to only buy Painkiller. That was hard.

#50 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@LordAndrew:

Is this stopping you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.