Steam Holiday Sale 2013 Master Discussion Thread

#201 Posted by Dalai (7042 posts) -

The mini haul so far.

• La-Mulana
  • Gone Home
  • Brothers
  • Deadly Premonition

Yep, bought Deadly Premonition. I'm ready to see this beautiful mess for myself.

The weird thing is I spent more on gifts for others than on myself.

#202 Edited by noizy (681 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

I reeeaaaaaallllllyyyy want XCOM: Enemy Within to go to 14.99. I missed it earlier but that's the only game that I really want at this point.

XCOM: Enemy Within is 10$ on Amazon right now. You get a Steam key.

#203 Edited by noizy (681 posts) -
@bisonhero said:

Also, goddammit, Enslaved and Teleglitch better go on sale before the whole thing is over. I'm not made of money, and $15 is a little steep for Enslaved.

Teleglitch is 2.60$ on GMG (after the 20% off coupon GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49). You will get a Steam key.

#204 Edited by Miyuki (176 posts) -

I bought a bunch of games this sale, but Cook Serve Delicious! is threatening to eat all my game time for the next month.

#205 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5736 posts) -
#206 Posted by ripelivejam (4311 posts) -

watching people bitch and moan about planetary annihilation is a bit obnoxious but also pretty fucking hillarious.

(i also kinda want to get it but i should abstain...)

#207 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5736 posts) -
#208 Edited by ripelivejam (4311 posts) -

eh i've played supreme commander (base game) and i liked it but it didn't really grab me (something about having to zoom all the way out 90% of the time to efficiently play the game kinda irked me). there's something about planetary annihilation that grabs me, though; probably the Super Mario Galaxy/Little Prince-ish design cross RTS. also i have no common sense. but you're probably right (haven't played Forged Alliance).

#209 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5736 posts) -

@ripelivejam: Yeah the first game had pretty awkward controls, wound up playing much better in Forged Alliance; but I'm also a sucker for RTS so if this new game turned out to be good I'd be pretty excited as well.

#210 Posted by metalsnakezero (2318 posts) -

Here what I got.

• VVVVVV
  • Jamestown
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Trine Collection
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Skyrim
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Costume Quest
  • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
  • Offspring Fling!
  • Darksiders
  • Audiosurf
  • Papers, Please
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Spent $69.71

#211 Edited by wchigo (559 posts) -
  • Alan Wake Franchise
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious!
  • Guacamelee! Gold Edition
  • Gunpoint (from Humble Bundle, but during the Steam Winter Sale timeframe...)
  • Papers, Please
  • Risk of Rain
  • Saints Row IV Season Pass
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Super Hexagon
  • Survivor Squad (also from Humble Bundle)

Stanley Parable was probably the single most expensive game I bought at $8.99, with most of the others falling at $4.99 or less. Awfully tempted to pick up TWD Season 2 for 25% off though, as part of the Daily Deal...

#212 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Downloaded Steam a month or so ago when I heard Super Meat Boy was about £1.50 or so. Ended up getting all these amazing games in the steam sales for around £10.00 total. Not too shabby.

I've listened to the Bombcrew talk about these games for years and never really thought anything of it because my laptop was a piece of shit even when I bought it 4 years ago, so I always kinda assumed it wouldn't run anything more advanced than Pong. I guess it does though and yeah, Steam is pretty cool.

#213 Posted by Kiri90 (257 posts) -

I'm very tempted to get The Walking Dead Season 2 right now. I've only gotten DMC and Gone Home this Steam sale, but I have such a backlog and limited time to play.

I did play through Season 1 and loved it, so maybe it's in order...

(I feel like Louis C.K. with his good and bad thoughts. "Of course I shouldn't get The Walking Dead with my backlog, of course...

...but maybe, if it's on sale it's meant to be.") xD

#214 Posted by Capum15 (4930 posts) -

So far, my sale bundle...

• XCOM: Enemy Within + the 2 DLCs
  • Fable: The Lost Chapters
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Contagion
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion soundtrack + Stellar Phenomena DLC
  • Spelunky

Think I'm nearly out of things to buy on Steam. Well, except Civ V: Brave New World, but steam isn't letting me click the buy button right now so I'll wait a bit before trying again.

#215 Edited by RonGalaxy (3222 posts) -

Is anyone having trouble adding stuff to their steam cart? I tried on two different computers using the web store and once on my computer using the application. Hopefully it's not just me.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems like it's a widespread issue. COME ON GABEN I WANT TO BUY WALKING DEAD SEASON 2

#216 Posted by Andorski (5343 posts) -

Is anyone having trouble adding stuff to their steam cart? I tried on two different computers using the web store and once on my computer using the application. Hopefully it's not just me.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems like it's a widespread issue. COME ON GABEN I WANT TO BUY WALKING DEAD SEASON 2

Came here to ask the same thing. VVVVVV is just 50 cents!!!

#217 Posted by Capum15 (4930 posts) -

@andorski: @naru_joe93: I managed to buy Civ V: Brave New World just now, so I think it's working now.

#218 Posted by MB (12733 posts) -

I can't even start the Steam client right now, it's telling me it can't connect.

#219 Edited by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

@mb said:

I can't even start the Steam client right now, it's telling me it can't connect.

Its been insanely messed up for me all goddamn day. No clue what is going on. Hell, the community choice now is blank. So voting didn't go through for the last one apparently. =\

#220 Posted by alanm26v5 (459 posts) -

I thought I was done but someone on my friends list bought Valdis Story: Abyssal City. I didn't even notice it was on sale and had never heard of it before. I found a demo online and knew within about 5 minutes it was worth at least $3.74 to me.

#221 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

@thegoldencat7: Ah, a new member to the flock. Soon you too will have 200+ games that you'll never play either just because they are cheap. Steam is all consuming you can not stop it.

#222 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

So is the community poll just skipping whatever poll closed 90 minutes ago? I forget what the 3 options were, but there is no community poll game on sale right now even though I'm sure there was a vote. Shenanigans? Russian shenanigans?

#223 Posted by BeachThunder (12095 posts) -

Well, that's it. Go buy everything you wanted that didn't show up on a special deal.

#224 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

That's all folks! Here is what I ended up buying -

The Walking Dead Season 2, Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior, Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition, Another World, Orcs Must Die 2, Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Reus, Antichamber, SteamWorld Dig, Deponia and Electronic Super Joy + Bonus Content....

Stupid Steam sales.

#225 Posted by Brake (1105 posts) -

I'm hoping for some hot stuff-that-was-already-on-sale-being-on-sale-again action. I didn't have any money till the 31st, so I missed out on some of the sweet action. Mainly Saints 4 and AssCreed 4.

#226 Edited by Daltaaan (4 posts) -

I quickly refreshed the list after the daily deal timer expired and Company of Heroes 2 was a staggering -116% off, meaning a price of £-4.81 (UK). Seconds later this was fixed, shame...

#227 Posted by JNeam (77 posts) -

Managed to pick us Papers, Please and Metro: Last Light

#228 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

So I'm connected to Steam, but every Steam page from the store to the community stuff is loading really slowly or erroring out. I really can't tell if Steam is inexplicably terrible right now, or if my Internet is just being weird.

#229 Posted by Twisted (222 posts) -

So I'm connected to Steam, but every Steam page from the store to the community stuff is loading really slowly or erroring out. I really can't tell if Steam is inexplicably terrible right now, or if my Internet is just being weird.

Been having the same issue all day

#230 Edited by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

@twisted: Turns out there is some DDoS stuff going on.

#231 Posted by ZolRoyce (736 posts) -

@daltaaan: Borderlands was at 125% off as well, although sometimes steam messes up the pricing during the sales (I nabbed Dishonored GOTY for 3 bucks the last big sale) if the pricing is so bad it goes into negative dollars (in Soviet Russia, Steam pays you!) they have fail safes to stop you from buying it, they can't actually be added to your cart.

#232 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

I'm happy that Rayman went on sale which covers everything I actually wanted now, I got Age of Empires HD though just cause

#233 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

I suddenly have a 50% off Crusader Kings 2 coupon in my steam inventory, anybody want to trade for it? or is it actually worth picking up?

#234 Edited by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

I was pretty down on the whole trading card thing coming into this sale, I still think it's kind of dumb, but I ended up trading/buying/selling cards and I came out with more money in my steam wallet than what I started with so I guess I'm fine with it now.

The strange thing was, almost every card I sold was purchased within 5 minutes of it being put up for sale and I wasn't undercutting, if stuff was listed at $0.25 that's what I put mine up for; who the heck is buying all these cards, it's kind of crazy.

Spent about $100 on games, picked up Arkham Origins, Company of Heroes 2, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Long Live the Queen, the Bioshock DLC pass, Evoland, Gunpoint, PixelJunk Eden, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Cook, Serve, Delicious!, Guacamelee!, SR4 season pass

Really surprised how much I'm playing Long live the Queen, I only bought it because a bunch of my Steam friends picked it up, it's the game I ended up playing the most over the break.

#235 Edited by Capum15 (4930 posts) -

Whelp, didn't grab anything since my last post. I think the only game, as of now, that I would look forward to in a sale is Remember Me. Didn't grab it this time, mostly because I have too many damn things to play already.

I played maybe 2 hours of Fable: TLC, before looking through my library and putting Fable 2 in my 360. Easily still my favorite Fable game. Maybe I'll get around to finishing TLC sometime.

Whelp, here's to the end of another mega Steam sale and to a new year. May your wallets have a healthy recovery.

#236 Posted by Andorski (5343 posts) -

I made out pretty well this sale; I didn't get anything in the Autumn sale so it feels like I made up for it this time around. I got:

• Shadow Warrior
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Papers, Please
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • DuckTales Remastered
  • Machimarium
  • A bunch of Pinball FX2 tables
  • Remember Me (from GreenManGaming)
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes
  • Gunpoint
  • VVVVVV

I'm pretty sure I got that all for under a $75 too. These sales are always fantastic.

#237 Edited by crithon (3338 posts) -

through out the whole sale I was playing through Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Animal Crossing New Leaf on the DS

• Just Cause 2
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadows Ultimate Edition
  • Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC
  • Transformers Fall of Cyberton
  • Stacking
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes
  • Pixeljunk Eden
  • Spelunky
  • Ducktale Remastered
  • Savant - Ascent (under rated indie game)
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • Surgeon Simulator 2013
  • METAL GEAR RISING REVENGENCE (Double Dipped)

You know, it's not really about just getting everything, it's more about getting a 99 cent game and going "WOW! THIS IS AMAZING." Like Savant, NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT and it's rad!.

#238 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5807 posts) -

I'm pretty proud of myself. I only bought 5 games.

#239 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

I'd been putting off buying stuff for quite a few months, so I ended up with:

• The Stanley Parable
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • La-Mulana
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Gone Home
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • Zeno Clash II
  • Teleglitch
  • Civ V: Brave New World
#240 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1129 posts) -

My Haul

Papers Please
Metro Last Light
Ass Creed IV
World Of Goo
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Super Hexagon
Metal Gear Riding
Spelunky

#241 Posted by Kaiserreich (711 posts) -

Only spent about $20 of my own money.

• Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • World in Conflict: Complete
  • Trackmania 2 Stadium
  • Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
  • Red Orchestra (gifted by an awesome duder on the forums)
  • XCOM: Enemy Within (Amazon)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  • Tomb Raider (Amazon)
  • Rise of the Triad
#242 Posted by TheHT (11526 posts) -
  • Brothers
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Dust
  • Gone Home
  • Monaco
  • Risk of Rain
  • The Swapper
  • Trine Collection
  • VVVVVV
  • Shadow Warrior
  • State of Decay
  • Magrunner (GMG)
  • Remember Me (GMG)
  • DmC (GMG)

Some of em might've been from the Autumn Sale though.

#243 Posted by Trilogy (2675 posts) -

I got some great games this go round. All except for Payday 2 were under 5 bucks a piece. A couple even went into the sub 1 dollar range.

• Gone Home
  • Brothers
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Spelunky
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • VVVVVV
  • FEZ
  • Gnomoria
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious!
  • Payday 2
  • Super Hexagon
  • World of Goo
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary
#244 Edited by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

@yesiamaduck said:

My Haul

Papers Please

Metro Last Light

Ass Creed IV

World Of Goo

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Super Hexagon

Metal Gear Riding

Spelunky

Oh please, let me reintroduce you two. Rider meet horse, horse meet futuristic ninja sword.

#245 Posted by afabs515 (1191 posts) -

I'm actually really proud of myself for spending less than 50 dollars. I bought:

• Remember Me ($12.50)
  • The Walking Dead: Season 1 ($6.50 I think)
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance ($20.00)

That's it, for a total of $39 + tax.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.