Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam sale - 92% off indie Story Pack

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onarum

Just a quick heads up, just checked it out and saw this  http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6790/, apart from that jolly roger game(which I don't know) the rest of em are pretty good, fantastic deal that is.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Gish is so awesome. As is Reccetear 

I don't know about the rest though. Is yet it moves any good?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    "Is yet it moves any good? "
    Well I liked it, I also thought Jolly Rover was pretty good too.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By thatfrood

A lot of people give Nelson Tethers shit for being really similar to Professor Layton.
    Well, I don't own a DS, I really enjoyed Nelson Tethers.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By meteora

92% is ridiculous. Just buy it! >_>

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onarum

Heard good things about it, never played though, but I bought the pack anyway.  Been waiting for a Recettear discount for a while now, ever since I played the demo, now I got it for 5 bucks and with 4 other games as a bonus :p

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

You're like the eighteenth person to give us a head-up about this. :P
    But you're right. Buy it.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

I got it and gave one as a gift. Kinda just wanted the RPG one.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By apathylad

I wanted to play Puzzle Agent, so I bit on this. 

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By fripplebubby

Too good to resist, I must say. Which is crazy, because there's bound to be wild stuff on tomorrow. 

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

$5 for Reccetear justifies this purchase by itself.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Fripplebubby said:
    " Too good to resist, I must say. Which is crazy, because there's bound to be wild stuff on tomorrow.  "
    Well, I assume there will be another Indie pack tomorrow.

My guess is an Indie platformer pack:
    • Braid
    • VVVVVV
    • Max and the Magic Marker
    • PB Winterbottom
    • Saira
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mike
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " $5 for Reccetear justifies this purchase by itself. "
    I was thinking $5 for for Puzzle Agent justified the purchase, and the rest was a bonus...but whatever works! Recettear does look interesting despite my general dislike for Japanese games.  

@BeachThunder said:
    " @Fripplebubby said:
    " Too good to resist, I must say. Which is crazy, because there's bound to be wild stuff on tomorrow.  "
    Well, I assume there will be another Indie pack tomorrow.

My guess is an Indie platformer pack:
    • Braid
    • VVVVVV
    • Max and the Magic Marker
    • PB Winterbottom
    • Saira
    "
    Probably a good guess, I definitely expect something with Braid in it. Oh well...whatever it is, I'll be buying it I'm sure.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Chris2KLee

Shoot, been waiting for Recettear to drop, but this is one hell of a deal! Gish and Puzzle Agent have been on my do get list for awhile to. Let my credit card start hurting!

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emem
    @LordAndrew said:
    " You're like the eighteenth person to give us a head-up about this. :P But you're right. Buy it. "
    Hehe, I bought the pack about 2 hours ago and wasn't able to stop playing Gish since then. If I hadn't seen this thread I'd probably have created one as well. :P
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, it seems there's going to be an indie pack every day. Yesterday was... I can't remember, but there was an indie pack yesterday with some games you've probably never heard of, and I bought it since I didn't have any of the games in it. I'll probably grab this one tomorrow if I don't forget. Not a huge priority since I can already play Recettear and Gish right now.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Rockdalf

A small question to those who have Recettear, anyway you can set the game to where the voice actors speak Japanese?  I've seen a little of a Let's Play of the Japanese version and I'd love to set mine up for Japanese voice acting to help me learn (I'm currently enrolled in Conversational Japanese).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

Only good deal on there is Arkham Asylum.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Rockdalf said:
    " A small question to those who have Recettear, anyway you can set the game to where the voice actors speak Japanese?  I've seen a little of a Let's Play of the Japanese version and I'd love to set mine up for Japanese voice acting to help me learn (I'm currently enrolled in Conversational Japanese). "
    um... I haven't noticed any voice acting. Sometimes the characters will say stuff in japanese when dialogue pops up though.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Rockdalf
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " A small question to those who have Recettear, anyway you can set the game to where the voice actors speak Japanese?  I've seen a little of a Let's Play of the Japanese version and I'd love to set mine up for Japanese voice acting to help me learn (I'm currently enrolled in Conversational Japanese). "
    um... I haven't noticed any voice acting. Sometimes the characters will say stuff in japanese when dialogue pops up though. "
    Hmmm troubling, perhaps I was expecting too much?  Thanks anyways.
    Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Laksa

Some mod deleted my thread about recettear, the pack is worth it for the game alone. Do get it.  the sound track to the game was just released on cd baby too.

grabbed this list off the steam forums: 
    - Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
    - Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
    - Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
    - Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
    - Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

All the packs are looking like good deals.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Rockdalf: From Carpe Fulgur's Recettear FAQ:
    Hey, how come all the voices are in Japanese still?
    Unfortunately, while Carpe Fulgur is capable of providing what we believe to be a professional-level localization of all text and graphical elements in the game, we do not currently have the resources available to produce an English vocal localization of a caliber we would consider acceptable. We have therefore opted to leave the Japanese voices in the game, partly at the request of EasyGameStation themselves (who wanted the Japanese voices to be available in some form regardless) and partly because given the choice between potentially poor English voice work and no English voice work, we opt for the latter.

It should be noted that the voices in the game are not a critical portion of the gameplay in any event - there are only approximately a dozen fully-voiced lines total. The rest are "generic" vocal clips inserted into conversations for emphasis or sounds associated with dungeon combat. If the Japanese voices annoy you, they can be turned off completely in the options menu with no detriment to gameplay.

Now, if Recettear is very successful at retail, then one of the things at the top of our priority list is releasing an "English voice patch". We do want to produce an English vocal set for Recettear, but at the moment it's purely a matter of resources - and you can probably guess how you can help on that front!
    Considering how bad voice acting can be sometimes, I figure it's for the best that they didn't attempt to add English voice acting.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Puzzle Agent is being given away free with Back to the Future pre-orders ($25) for those just interested in that. 
    Personally, I got this pack just for Recettear.  Loved the demo, but couldn't justify full price for it.  It's more of a game I'd play a lot more on a handheld.

Any opinions on Jolly Rover?  Played the intro bit and it just seemed like a Monkey Island knock off.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, it's a fantastic deal. I played the Recettear demo when it first came out and really enjoyed it, but couldn't justify a purchase at full price. At this price, with 4 other games with it, it's amazing value.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BeachThunder
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    "Any opinions on Jolly Rover?  Played the intro bit and it just seemed like a Monkey Island knock off."
    It kind of is, but it's still its own thing. It 's a nicely designed game and I would say it's certainty worth playing through. How derivative it is of Monkey Island + other LA games is pretty much the game's biggest flaw.
    Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Julmust

I want to play Puzzle Agent, I guess this is a good time to buy that shit!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Laksa said:

" grabbed this list off the steam forums:  
    - Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight 
    - Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo 
    - Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone 
    - Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis 
    - Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover  

All the packs are looking like good deals. "

Although I already own Audiosurf (it's really good), I am interested in the other games in that pack. Will probably pick that one up.
    Given that I have VVVVVV and World of Goo already, is it still worth getting the Indie Clever Pack?
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Capum15

So it seems the Air Pack is tomorrow? Probably going to get that. Already got the Pulse and Story packs.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mike
    @Capum15 said:
    " So it seems the Air Pack is tomorrow? Probably going to get that. Already got the Pulse and Story packs. "
    The Air Pack is definitely today, as Monday is the final day of the sale. I'll probably get it as well, if only because it's five bucks and I bought the other three packs. I mean hell...I spend $5 on coffee in the morning. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.