Steam Sale has begun!!!

#1 Posted by OdinsThunder (156 posts) -

Borderlands £10? Yes please :)

#2 Posted by crusader8463 (14305 posts) -

AHHHHHHHHHHHH IT HAS!!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!! GARGDSGBDFHDGHDGJDFJDFKFGKFJHDFJYUI57UREYHERHJHRTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT
EXCITEMENT  
EXCITEMENT   
 EXCITEMENT 
 EXCITEMENT 

#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14305 posts) -

Serious now. In case people don't see it, they are randomly picking steam accounts and giving people the top 5-10 games in their wish list! God dam I don't know how you guys do it, but you always top yourself with every sale.

#4 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Alpha Protocol for that cheap is tempting, so tempting.

#5 Posted by TwoLines (2762 posts) -

Borderlands? Naaah. I'll wait for other deals.

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14305 posts) -

What's up with all the little cartoon characters all over steam now? They trying to get mascots or something?

#7 Posted by TwoLines (2762 posts) -
@crusader8463:  Ermm.. They've had them for 4 years now.
#8 Edited by AlisterCat (5397 posts) -

It's broken at the moment... too much goodness. Nice of them to give back to their community (seems awfully generous). But it doesn't matter anyway, because we all pirate all our games anyway. Right guys? Right? ...right? ... right!?

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" What's up with all the little cartoon characters all over steam now? They trying to get mascots or something? "
They don't use them very often, so I guess not a lot of people know about them.
Do they have names? It would be helpful if I knew how to refer to them.
#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" What's up with all the little cartoon characters all over steam now? They trying to get mascots or something? "
They don't use them very often, so I guess not a lot of people know about them. Do they have names? It would be helpful if I knew how to refer to them. "
I think the one on the left is called Gabe :o
#11 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Nothing i'm particularly interested in today, i'll see what they have for tommorrow.  

I seen borderlands for $5 before and I skipped it like five times in a row. I know lots of ppl likes it, it has all the qualities an american gamer wants, fps, rpg elements, collecting items, however watching all video reviews and looking at metacritic scores, I don't find it appealing. Maybe i'm wrong, however I have choosen to skip this game over and over. I think even though it might be acceptable in terms of gameplay, I might run the risk of genuinely disliking the game.

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6059 posts) -

Fuckin' YEAH. All I saw when I checked earlier was the pre purchase screen for Super Meat Boy... but shit, sale :D

#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14305 posts) -
@TwoLines said:
" @crusader8463:  Ermm.. They've had them for 4 years now. "
I have seen them around, but they never seemed to display them prominently. At least no place I ever noticed.
#14 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -

I WAS JUST looking at the devils playground for Sam and Max the other day... T_T 

This feeling of overwhelming joy, yet intense dread.  Oh Steam what have you done...

#15 Posted by Meltac (1901 posts) -

If they reduce the price even more on SMB, I'm going to write an angry letter!

#16 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

CS HD on sale too? Shit man this is a goldmine

#17 Posted by Joker369 (858 posts) -

IT'S ON. woohoo, getting sam and max

#18 Posted by ___pocalypse (561 posts) -

Definitely hoping for the wish list promotion! This will be my first Steam sale, I'm pretty excited :D

#19 Posted by Moth_Pope (444 posts) -

Hmm, Prototype for £7.50. I've heard it's like Infamous but not as good; still seems worth a look. Any opinions on this game?

#20 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

AP and Deus Ex are going to mine soon, steam sales are great.

#21 Posted by ___pocalypse (561 posts) -
@Moth_Pope: I played it on 360 for a bit and was not a fan. The menus were clunky and the missions weren't at all interesting. 
#22 Posted by OdinsThunder (156 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:
" AP and Deus Ex are going to mine soon, steam sales are great. "
Although it's a shame there's no way to give invisible war back.
#23 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@Moth_Pope: the worst game i've ever played on steam. I keep reinstalling it and formatting it. I can't get very far and the gameplay is uninspired compared to infamous. The gameplay is so uninspired, yet some ppl might tell you it's cool or they like it. However sure they like it, it's no infamous. It's 79% on gamerankings for the xbox360 version, infamous scores much higher for those that disagrees. I want to be objective, rather than subjective. This game sucks and infamous is superior.

I myself thought, I can buy a game like infamous, with pc graphics and textures at higher resolution. It was a regretful decision. I can't believe I spent like $40 on this junk before. However since it's much cheaper, maybe it's worth the price tag now for a $15. 

If you buy it, just have a really low expectation and maybe you won't be dissapointed.
#24 Posted by ColMirage (257 posts) -

Here's hoping Borderlands DLC gets cut too! Last time the whole DLC package was 10$ but I missed out on it D:

#25 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -

The day steam won't work for some reason, this happens. Great.

#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5397 posts) -
@Moth_Pope said:
" Hmm, Prototype for £7.50. I've heard it's like Infamous but not as good; still seems worth a look. Any opinions on this game? "
It's more like Crackdown 2 but set in a realistic setting. It's just because it launched around the same time that it's compared to Infamous, they are very different games despite being sandbox 3rd person action. I'd say £5 is a good price to pay for Prototype if you really don't care about it, so perhaps wait to see if it's cheaper in the Christmas sale.
#27 Edited by Meltac (1901 posts) -
@Moth_Pope said:

" Hmm, Prototype for £7.50. I've heard it's like Infamous but not as good; still seems worth a look. Any opinions on this game? "

I loved it back when it was released. It had its faults, but the free running.. oh god, the free running in that game was so freaking satisfying, and the mayhem you could cause was incredible. 
#28 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

How come Valve always manage to time their sales on the same day my pay cheque rolls in, the bastards. 

Is Alpha Protocol worth a fiver? I gathered it wasn't worth the full price but a fiver? 

#29 Posted by AlisterCat (5397 posts) -
@IncredibleBulk92:  I am wondering the same thing. I do like Obsidian, despite what everyone says, and love RPGs.
#30 Posted by MikeFightNight (1048 posts) -

Was just thinking of buying Sam and Max the Devils playhouse the other day but decided to wait for a steam sale. One day later and now it's 70% off!!! 

I love steam.

#31 Posted by AltDimension (257 posts) -

Anyone know if Borderlands supports the 360 controller?

#32 Posted by Lukaz (181 posts) -

I'm afraid I'm going to be poor by the end of this week. Sam & Max, AP, Deus Ex and the Indie Pack today, who knows what will be out over the next few!

#33 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -
@Aronman789: A shot in the dark: Delete the ClientRegistry.blob file in your Steam folder. 

That fixes pretty much any problem with Steam.  don't worry Steam will rebuild it every time you log in.
#34 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -
@IncredibleBulk92: It worked, sweet!
#35 Posted by Moth_Pope (444 posts) -
@___pocalypse: @HitmanAgent47: @AlisterCat: @Meltac: 

Thanks for the responses, guys. It was a game I hadn't even thought about since it was released, until now. So I think I'll give it a miss this time - Although free running is great when implemented well, I'm in no rush right now for a game like this. Cheers!
#36 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -
@Aronman789: Lol no problem.  There are 2 solutions to all problems with Steam.   

1. Delete clientregistry.blob 
  2. Right click game > local files > verify game cache

Remember these 2 and Steam will work forever.
#37 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

GAK! must quickly make a steam wishlist!

#38 Posted by Cwaff (1259 posts) -

If only I had some money in my account!

#39 Posted by Jnal (204 posts) -
@AltDimension: Yes it does.
#40 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

Wish I could have some fun with this

):

#41 Edited by Thule (690 posts) -

Deus Ex is a classic and you should play it.  I'm in a giving mood, so...

I've bought the Deus Ex 8-pack and I'll gift the game to the first 8 people to PM me their Steam email adress.

#42 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

I'm also contemplating Alpha Protocol but I just bought Gran Turismo 5 and I don't want to spend any more money on games this month. Damn you steam!

#43 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

Got Desus Ex

#44 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -
@Thule said:

" Deus Ex is a classic and you should play it.  I'm in a giving mood, so...

I've bought the Deus Ex 8-pack and I'll gift the game to the first 8 people to PM me their Steam email adress.
"

Oh God how do i PM again.

Edit - sent, 8 minutes. >.>
#45 Posted by Thule (690 posts) -

Got 4 gift passes left.

#46 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -

Time to party!

#47 Posted by suntone (98 posts) -

Damn Steam, just picked up Deux Ex and the Sam and Max, I think Steam is going to break me this week.

#48 Posted by AlisterCat (5397 posts) -
@Thule said:
" Deus Ex is a classic and you should play it.  I'm in a giving mood, so...

"
This guy is cool. :)
#49 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

Just bought GT5, Epic Mickey and NBA Jam, so I think I'll pass on these.
I already own most of the decent ones anyway.  Was only tempted by Alpha Protocol, but I'm sure there will be better deals coming.

#50 Edited by Thule (690 posts) -

And I'm out of passes, man that went fast. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.