Steam Sale: What should I buy?: Dust: An Elysian Tail or Garry's Mod

Posted by Rxanadu (502 posts) 7 months, 8 days ago

Poll: Steam Sale: What should I buy?: Dust: An Elysian Tail or Garry's Mod (91 votes)

Dust: An Elysian Tail ($3.74) 44%
Garry's Mod ($2.49) 11%
Buy Both ($6.23) 31%
Don't Bother with either ($0.00) 14%

Hey, everyone.

I'm deciding on whether I should buy Dust: An Elysian Tail or Garry's Mod for today. Everything else is either too expensive for my blood or doesn't have Steam Cloud support (which has become a must for how I play games). I have some pros and cons about the purchases that may make it harder to choose.

Dust: An Elysian Tail

• pro: would have a separate copy from the one I have on XBLA
  • con: already beat the game on Tough on XBLA; don't feel like touching it ever again

Garry's Mod

• pro: has Occulus (Reese) and Kinect support for creating weird things with it
  • con: I'm already making games with my own assets; why would I use someone else's toolset and not make money off the result?

That's all the complaints and complements I have for now. If any of you can convince me otherwise, please comment below.

#1 Edited by Pr1mus (3775 posts) -

Edit: Nevermind that, this is really stupid, you clearly aren't interested in either so why even ask. This is a really stupid question.

#2 Posted by neobendez (14 posts) -

Dust's fantastic characters, brilliant combat, engaging platforming and beautiful visuals will keep you smiling for the majority.

#3 Edited by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

You don't want to buy either of them, it seems. So buy both.

#4 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@joeyravn said:

#5 Edited by MarkM (288 posts) -

Get that dust.

#6 Posted by SharkEthic (1003 posts) -

That's though, but I think you should by Dust.

Already beat the game on Tough on XBLA; don't feel like touching it ever again

Oh, well, then definitely buy Garry's Mod.

I'm already making games with my own assets; why would I use someone else's toolset and not make money off the result?

...well, why the fuck did you even ask then?

#7 Posted by believer258 (11562 posts) -

Just go buy a burger?

#8 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Edit: Nevermind that, this is really stupid, you clearly aren't interested in either so why even ask. This is a really stupid question.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11418 posts) -

@joeyravn said:

That's how steam sales work, SO THIS.

#10 Posted by ch3burashka (4991 posts) -

This is a dumb question.

#11 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1376 posts) -

I'm going to play Fez for the first time. YAAAAY.

#12 Posted by elko84 (1028 posts) -

Should I eat today or not?

#13 Edited by laserguy (432 posts) -

@ghost_cat: Im going to play Dark Souls for the first time. Five dollars.

#14 Edited by MormonWarrior (2529 posts) -

Dust is really great. Once I started playing it, I didn't stop till I had all the achievements.

Garry's Mod makes for good laughs if you're patient with it and have the right games.

EDIT: Wait, I just read your descriptions...why are you asking this question again? You don't want either. Don't waste your money. Get some lunch instead.

#15 Posted by geirr (2469 posts) -

@laserguy said:

@ghost_cat: Im going to play Dark Souls for the first time.Five dollars.

Good luck.

#16 Posted by laserguy (432 posts) -

@geirr: its not going good so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.