Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Says 'Required Update, Not Queued'

sheer_sagacity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

These are screens of (in order left to right) before i restart the halted download, right after it restarts, and the subsequent stoppage literally five seconds later...any ideas?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As for the things I have tried: Deleted the installing game, tried with Loadout, DOTA 2, Torchlight 2, and Dark Souls 2, Deleted all download files for the downloading game in the Steam folder, and ran steam://flushconfig after windows + r. Any suggestions?

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Go in the steam settings, downloads and under download region change the server from which you download your games. I've had this before. This is a problem server side.

sheer_sagacity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There we go. Thank god for you. Now I can enjoy my steam sale loot.

WarOnHugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This works but it still keeps happening with new game installs. Not everyone but its frequent enough to be really annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.