Steam Summer Sale

#501 Edited by Coafi (1494 posts) -

@cale said:

Anyone know if Monaco would be worth buying for the singleplayer stuff alone?

Some duders were saying the game is not fun by yourself and it's pretty tough too. I was trying to get a group going so we could all play the game.

#502 Posted by TheHT (11769 posts) -

Zeno Clash 2 is mine! I've spent much more than I planned so far. :\

#503 Edited by Cheesebob (1249 posts) -

Mediocre day today. I am hoping for Street Fighter 4, Bulletstorm or Driver: San Francisco to go to at leasst 75% off...Seems like thats not gonna happen now

#504 Edited by jsnyder82 (763 posts) -

The one thing that irritates me is why the community insists on picking the worst games for the Community Choice section.

#505 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

Okay, I'm on the fence about Prison Architect. It sounded interesting from the bombcast, and I like the look of it. I don't know if it's worth that price point though. Anyone played it that can sway me one way or the other?

#506 Posted by Mathematics (41 posts) -

I have no frame of reference because I just bought my first PC that will run games decently and just got into Steam, but I have spent about a two hundred bucks and came away with 100 games to play for the next year. I am fully enjoying my first Steam sale. I think of it as my way of tapping out of the console market at launch, which as an older man, I have been doing for 20 years now.

Also, have the same Steam name, if anybody wants to send a friend request I will accept it, the more the merrier.....I already know you like Giant Bomb, so you must be a decent human being!

#507 Posted by Siked (25 posts) -

Any chance of Max Payne 3 going to 75% again?

#508 Edited by Kraznor (1588 posts) -

@siked: The last day of the sale usually has every featured item on sale one last time, so stay tuned on the 22nd.

#509 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1481 posts) -

Man that Prison Architect sale was disappointing, was hoping for it to be ~15. Oh well might as well buy it and call it quits for this summer sale.

#510 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

Prison Architect will be the first game I buy in this sale, it would have been nice to see $15 but the game looks cool enough that I was waiting for it to hit $20 before touching it. So far it's just been DLC buys for me.

#511 Edited by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

What a bummer with Prison Architect, anyone got an opinion on The Pit or Strike Suit Zero?

#512 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

@maskedarcstrike: I've really enjoyed The Pit so far. I got Strike Suit Zero also, but haven't got around to it yet.

#513 Posted by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

The Pit

To be reductive - It's Dungeons of Dredmor in space, but better. The graphics are a little shonky, and it's a bit long winded for a roguelike; it's still very enjoyable though. It's the kind of game that I ended up playing it for hours and hours on end. Just be warned though, even on easy, it's still hard.

#514 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

Does anyone know if the Bioshock series (1+2) has been on sale yet?

#515 Posted by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

Does anyone know if the Bioshock series (1+2) has been on sale yet?

I believe they were both 75% off when BioShock Infinite was 50% off. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be a part of the last day's encore sale.

#516 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

Thanks duders, got The Pit. Think I'll get Strike Suit Zero as well, seems like it has an awesome soundtrack and gives me some Z.O.E vibes which is great.

#517 Edited by CaLe (4050 posts) -

Uhhh... So that Sonic racing game is pretty awesome. I haven't had this much fun with a kart-racer since the original Mario Kart on the SNES. Online works great and it looks gorgeous, too. Really impressed with the track variety and environments. They went all out on this and I didn't even give it much of a look before.. Glad I have now.

#518 Posted by Heltom92 (714 posts) -

God dammit when are they gonna reduce Runner2 again!? I missed when it was on sale before and i doesn't seem to have come back since.

#519 Posted by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

@heltom92 said:

God dammit when are they gonna reduce Runner2 again!? I missed when it was on sale before and i doesn't seem to have come back since.

Quite possibly on the last day.

#520 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

Oh come on, can't they do better than 33% on FFVII. What a bummer

#521 Posted by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

Exactly what I was thinking. I actually thought that the full sale price hadn't loaded yet, but it really does seem like the best they can do is 33% off.

Even System Shock 2, which is 2 years newer, was on sale for $2.50...

#522 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4858 posts) -

It just came out on steam. I'm surprised it's on sale at all yet, they could have milked it for a few more weeks.

#523 Posted by Demoskinos (15133 posts) -

So bought "The Pit" right before it went off sale "Dungeons of Dredmor in space" is about the best short pitch you can give me for a game. I'll try it out tomorrow. As for Final Fantasy VII I think thats a damn fine price for that game considering they did a lot of optimization work for modern PC's.

#524 Posted by BisonHero (7029 posts) -

@buffaloseven said:

@bisonhero said:

@maskedarcstrike: I got so angry at the last level of Orcs Must Die 2 that I stopped playing the game forever. I'm sure that last level is possible solo, if you know the exact super cheesy way to do it, but it is so not fun trying to manage those two paths by yourself.

Also, I'm just mad at myself for preordering OMD2, when it feels like it shouldn't have been full price because there aren't really a ton of new traps or spells (especially if you count the traps that were DLC for the first game), the maps are slightly more varied than in the first game but still nothing special, and there is one new character who plays slightly differently, and most of the same enemy types.

I just got burnt out on it very fast because it kinda is just the same game again not even a full year after the first one came out. The whole thing reeked of being an expansion pack that they pretended was a full sequel.

Interesting; I could easily see that happening. I'm only on the…5th level? Even those 5 levels have given me more enjoyment (personally) than DD though, so I'm happy with it. I'll keep that in mind for when I get later, I might be calling on you for help!

Could be a little while…I opened up Civilization V for the first time yesterday...

…just…one…more…turn...

I don't know if you played OMD1, but if Orcs Must Die 2 is your first try at the series, then yeah, by all means, it should all be pretty new and fun and whatever.

And to its credit, it includes some (though not all?) of the original levels from the first game in the "Classic" mode, sort of like L4D2 eventually did. The whole thing is sort of like L4D2, in that I don't think they changed enough of the fundamental design for it to be considered a sequel and also very little time passed, but you basically can't release expansion packs on consoles (at best, they'd just be big DLCs, and even then, a certain segment of players would just ignore it, even if it's quality stuff for like $10-$20).

Anyway, it doesn't get bullshit hard until the last 4 or 5 levels, where they just start having these dual paths that you really can't reasonably defend without having 2 players. And yeah, it's a very different game from DD (especially the first OMD, where there was a finite number of skulls). OMD2 allows you to grind for skulls, but that's really the only similarity as it otherwise has no XP and only like 2 classes, but overall it does control quite well, and is a solid action sort of tower defense.

#525 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5980 posts) -

I had no expectations whatsoever going into this sale. So far I've bought

• Supreme Commander 2
  • Skryim: Dragonborn
  • Civilization Gold upgrade
  • Total War Shogun 2
  • System Shock 2
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
  • Doom 3 BFG edition
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Music Creator 6 ( Why did I buy this? )

I think I've spent around 60 bucks all together. Phew, almost over.

#526 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

@demoskinos: They could at least add trading cards!! =p

#527 Posted by Winsord (1300 posts) -

The original Just Cause is $0.27 right now, for anyone who's interested.

#528 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12105 posts) -

Instead of buying Final Fantasy VII (A game I intend to play at some point, but not before it inevitably being cheaper) for $8, I bought Bayonetta (A game I should have played two years ago) for $10 off amazon. I consider that an achievement in something.

#529 Posted by D_Bones (372 posts) -

I picked up super meat boy, binding of Isaac and FTL so far. FTL and Isaac have me hooked. Hoping Hotline will win the poll so I can get it for two fifty :D

#530 Posted by BisonHero (7029 posts) -

Anybody think Anodyne, Another World, or Super Puzzle Platformer are likely to become any cheaper before the sale ends?

I've kept an eye on it, and at no point have they been a Daily Deal, Flash Sale, or even an option in the Community Choice. The fact that they haven't shown up in any of those categories makes me think they're just not in the pool of games that will get those promotions (I especially noticed that almost everything in the polls ends up being a Daily Deal/Flash Sale at some point).

All of them are already half off, making each one $5 or less, so maybe I should just get them instead of trying to save a buck or two.

#531 Edited by mellotronrules (1244 posts) -

well- it looks like we've got one more day of glory/shame, and it might just be the 'encore,' right? here's my haul thus far-

1. ff7
  2. worms revolution
  3. bully
  4. payday
  5. gunpoint
  6. system shock 2
  7. bioshock infinite
  8. cart life
  9. fez
  10. scribblenauts unlimited

all for around $66. and half of that was just bioshock infinite. feelin pretty good about that, and unless the new magic: duels game goes on sale in the next 2 days, i'm probably done.

#532 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

@demoskinos: I've liked what I've played so far from The Pit. I'm actually kind of interested in The Mind Games expansion for it that adds psionic abilities and new levels. Too bad the dlc is not on sale at all.

#533 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@demoskinos: I've liked what I've played so far from The Pit. I'm actually kind of interested in The Mind Games expansion for it that adds psionic abilities and new levels. Too bad the dlc is not on sale at all.

Did the Pit go on sale?

#534 Edited by Demoskinos (15133 posts) -

@maskedarcstrike said:

Did the Pit go on sale?

It was on the previous flash sale.

#535 Posted by Capum15 (4989 posts) -

@bisonhero: I'd wait for the 22nd / Encore. If they aren't by then, grab 'em.

#536 Edited by Dalai (7069 posts) -

I guess now is the time to update what I bought so far during this sale.

• Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Antichamber
  • Darksiders II + Season Pass
  • FTL
  • All the Sleeping Dogs DLC
  • Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, New Vegas
  • Poker Night 2
  • The Swapper
  • Gunpoint
  • Monaco
  • Metro 2033
  • Grid
  • Just Cause 1 + 2

Please block my credit card somebody. At least I saved a few bucks selling all my duplicate cards.

#537 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1066 posts) -

@maskedarcstrike said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I actually thought that the full sale price hadn't loaded yet, but it really does seem like the best they can do is 33% off.

Its Square Enix where talking about here guys, i am shocked to even see it in the sale at all. I think they have had one sale on PSN, and even then i think there old PS1 games only dropped to $5, which is the normal price for every other PS1 game on there. They milk there fans for everything they can.

#538 Edited by fisk0 (4464 posts) -

Oh, fuck (I hope that includes Steam Wallet money I got by selling the summer sale cards early, I managed to sell off quite a few when they were still almost a dollar each, their value have since dropped to about $0.10):

You have spent approximately $342.96 USD in the store since the sale began.

#539 Posted by Subjugation (4740 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

@maskedarcstrike said:

Its Square Enix where talking about here guys, i am shocked to even see it in the sale at all. I think they have had one sale on PSN, and even then i think there old PS1 games only dropped to $5, which is the normal price for every other PS1 game on there. They milk there fans for everything they can.

... what? Oh, you mean Square Enix, the same publisher that put out Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex: Human Revolution and has been offering crazy discounts on both of those titles pretty rapidly after release? Right.

#540 Edited by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

I think I'm done buying stuff during this sale so here's the list of stuff I bought:

Steam Summah Sale 2013

1. The Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimDay 1 - July 11, 2013 "Dragonborn" DLC for $9.99
2. BioShockDay 1 - July 11, 2013 Gifted for $4.99
3. BioShock 2Day 1 - July 11, 2013 Gifted for $4.99
4. BioShock InfiniteDay 1 - July 11, 2013 Gifted for $29.99
5. Dark SoulsDay 1 - July 11, 2013 $7.49
6. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New WorldDay 2 - July 12, 2013 $20.09
7. FTL: Faster Than LightDay 2 - July 12, 2013 $2.49 Day 10 - July 20, 2013 "Soundtrack" for $0.16 (lowered by Steam wallet)
8. XCOM: Enemy UnknownDay 2 - July 12, 2013 "Elite Soldier Pack" DLC for $1.24 "Slingshot Pack" DLC for $1.74
9. System Shock 2Day 4 - July 14, 2013 $2.49
10. Dust: An Elysian TailDay 5 - July 15, 2013 $3.92 (lowered by Steam wallet)
11. Dragon Age: OriginsDay 6 - July 16, 2013 "Ultimate Edition" for $8.44 (lowered by Steam wallet)
12. Far Cry 3: Blood DragonDay 9 - July 19, 2013 Gifted for $8.99

For a grand total of $112.96 (according to Steam)

#541 Posted by Capum15 (4989 posts) -

@fisk0: How'd you check that?

#542 Posted by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

@capum15 said:

Go to your Badges Page. In the Steam Summer Getaway section there should be a link on the right that says "How can I earn more cards?" - click that.

#543 Posted by Capum15 (4989 posts) -

@capum15 said:

Go to your Badges Page. In the Steam Summer Getaway section there should be a link on the right that says "How can I earn more cards?" - click that.

Oh, thanks!

$94.73. That's like, a new game and a half for about 5 games and 2 DLC bundles. Another day + encore left; not bad at all. Hoping for the Dirt megapack to come up again.

#544 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

How were the Transformer games? War for Cybertron is $6.79 and Fall of Cybertron is $20.39.

#545 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1481 posts) -
Game: Steam SaleSalePrice
No Time to Explain2.509.99
Super Puzzle Platformer Delux3.997.99
The Witcher4.999.99
The Withcer 29.9919.99
Metro Last Light.0149.99
Fez4.999.99
Just Cause 2 + All DLC4.7224.90
Surgeon Simulator 20133.399.99
Far Cry 22.499.99
Dyad3.7414.99
Retro/Grade2.499.99
Universe Sandbox1.999.99
FAllout 3: goty4.9919.99
Fallout New Vegas: UE4.9919.99
Portal 24.9919.99
Kerbal Space Program13.7922.99
Dishonored + All DLC16.6241.36
Sleeping Dogs Story DLC4.7218.97
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater + Revert pack11.2314.98
Rage4.9919.99
Grid3.7414.99
Rayman Origins6.7919.99
Prison Architect19.7929.99
Totals141.93411.05

Saved ~ 65% over all

I guess overall Im happy with it, but add in the other games i bought this month:

Game: Before the Steam SalePrice
Borderlands 2 + Season Pass + Phsycho and Mechro Last Month31.99
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger14.99
Saints Row: The Third: The Full Package7.50
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit5.99
Steam Cash for Cards....I even realize how stupid the cards are15.00

Grand Total for the Month $185.41

Stupid Steam Sales....havent really touched any of them either. "Look at all these new games i have to play.........might as well finally finish Ni No Kuni"

#546 Edited by alanm26v5 (463 posts) -

I went into this not thinking I'd find much I didn't already own but I managed to find stuff anyway. Right now I'm at $60.13 spent.

• Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Another World 20th Anniversary Edition
  • Q.U.B.E.
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  • McPixel
  • The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition
  • Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That!
  • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Castle Crashers
  • Reus
  • Overlord 2
  • Torchlight 2
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Just Cause (sitting in my inventory for now, bought it at 27 cents just to get another trading card)

Also I bought a "Dragon Age Origins Ultimate + Dragon Age 2" pack for $12 for Origin on another site. I already had a backlog of games to play, but I'm an impulsive idiot. Hopefully I'll get through half of these in time for the Winter Sale.

#547 Edited by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

@andorski: Both of them are supposed to be pretty good and both have respectable metacritic scores (round 78-79 for both) but I've played neither of em =/

edit:I'd say check out War first, then get Fall later if you like it.

#548 Edited by Capum15 (4989 posts) -

@andorski: I enjoyed War for Cybertron with a friend playing co-op. Haven't played the second one though, and I think they took out co-op, right? I thought about it but will probably wait for it to go even lower in a future sale.

#549 Edited by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

Boooooooooo these new flash sales suck. Wait wasn't FTL 75% off during the community choice voting period? Now it's only 50% off.

edit: Vote Kentucky Route Zero please, it's the game on the left.

double edit: they fixed it.

#550 Posted by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

Boooooooooo these new flash sales suck. Wait wasn't FTL 75% off during the community choice voting period? Now it's only 50% off.

Fixed :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.