Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Summer Sale

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So far Anti-Chamber and Runner 2. I can see my self spending atleast $50 on this sale. Here's hoping Gunpoint and Rouge Legacy go on sale.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#152  Edited By jakob187

1. Fuck everyone that voted for Far Cry 3 on the first Community's Choice. It was getting dropped down to $24, while Direct2Play has had that fucker at $20 for a WHILE! Also fuck everyone who voted on Borderlands 2, when Amazon had a sick Borderlands GOTY/Borderlands 2/BL2 Season Pass bundle for $21 just last week! $10 Dishonored should've happened. People need to visit other sites before voting on this shit. If Sleeping Dogs doesn't make it through this next set of stuff (which I'm expecting it won't because Total War), I'm just going to give up on democracy.

2. My haul so far:

• Tomb Raider (Amazon): $15 (after 15% off coupon)
    • Dishonored: $17
    • The Walking Dead: 400 Days - $5
    • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - $7
    • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - $7

That's just in the first 36 hours.

This is going to get messy.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Looking to trade a gift of Don't Starve for Chivalry, Blood Dragon or XCOM if anyone could indulge me. Any one of those would do.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jakob187 said:

People need to visit other sites before voting on this shit.

I'm going to guess that most people don't scour the entire Internet for game sales quite as closely as you do. I can sympathize, but "this one random site had a similar deal two weeks ago, why are you voting for it now" is kind of a shitty thing to get pissed at people about.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By jakob187

@keres: I forgot to put anything into my statement that added the sarcastic tone into it. I just realized that now. I always just figure that people know the tone I mean since I've been around here forever. My bad, man. lol

I understand that sometimes we just don't have the money when the good deals hit, and I know that people don't look everywhere for deals. I mean, it's not hard to do so (cheapshark.com and Direct2Play take care of basically everything), but I know that people just don't really do it.

Nonetheless, no honest hostility was meant there. I got what I wanted in the end. I've updated it to reflect this.

Now, to the general populace of the Steam sale....

What do you think the genuine chances of Magic 2014 going on sale are? I want to play it so fucking bad (played some on 360 with my girlfriend's roommate), but if I know I can get it for less than $10, then...ya know... I'm going to keep holding out. My hopes are that I can nab the game for, like, $5 and then use what would've been the other $5 of the game on getting extra deck slots for sealed play.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Nictel

@jakob187 said:

What do you think the genuine chances of Magic 2014 going on sale are?

About 99%, I can't remember a sale were it not went on sale. How about if it does not go on sale I will gift it to you? That's how sure I am :P

Question on my part: I like to play X-Com but not in a MUST HAVE IT NOW way, should I buy it or wait for more DLC and a complete edition?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Steam Trading Cards are my new obsession. Think Im going to pick up FTL and Surgeon simulator when I get home.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Picked up

- Borderlands 2 two DLC character packs (mechromancer and Psycho) for less than one of those at full price. Think it was like 7 bucks

- Monaco for 10 bucks

Purposely keeping steam store minimized before I start clicking some more down. Almost spent another 30 on games but steam crashed before I could click the purchase button, had to be some sort of sign or something. Seems like the first year in quite a while that I can say that I've been truly excited for the games on the summer sale. In previous years it seems most of these games that went on sale I've either owned on another system or from the value packs from previous sales.

Just saw Defiance up on steam, gaaaahh should I spend the 14 bucks on it? Is it worth it?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel: For $10 (which is what it's at right now), you should absolutely be buying that sucka! Moreover, the two pieces of DLC are less than $2 each. For $14 all around, it's worth every fucking penny and then some. Also, if you aren't in an "MUST HAVE NOW" mood with that game, you will quickly get into a "MUST PLAY NOW" mood once you get into it. That game is goddamn excellent!

As for the M14 thing, I have a strong feeling it will go on sale, but it's just...goddamn, I wanna play it NOW! M13 just isn't nearly as good at this point. That sealed play just makes things so much better!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got The Walking Dead for $6.24. Wooo!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam Trading Cards are my new obsession. Think Im going to pick up FTL and Surgeon simulator when I get home.

FTL is a must play. Best game I've played in a couple years.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mcghee: Nice dude, should pick up 400 days while its hot. Not sure its on sale or not but its super cheap at normal price.

Freezer_Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: Will do then :). That is if the Steam client holds long enough for it. Thing is getting hammered. I also added €100,- to my steam wallet. Do not want to get over that in any case.

XCEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone got any advice for me on Anno 2070? $15 for the game and $25 for the complete edition is a little more than I wanted to spend, especially since Endless Space Gold is at less than $12. So how good is Anno?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xceagle: Never played it but remember GB did a quick look on it. Might be worth to check it out, I believe its a Dave quick look.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xceagle: I like it, then I like all Anno games. Haven't played too much of it but it seemed classic Anno but with modern setting touch.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Damn it Steam I changed my mind and decided to give you 2.50 for FTL why won't you take my damn money?!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By BaneFireLord

Grabbed FTL, waiting on Bully, STALKER Call of Pripyat (if it even goes on sale at all), the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and CS:GO.

maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think Blood Dragon will go any lower on a daily deal? AWWWW wth they changed the price on it, its now only 40% off instead of 55%.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maskedarcstrike said:

Think Blood Dragon will go any lower on a daily deal? AWWWW wth they changed the price on it, its now only 40% off instead of 55%.

Yeah, I was trying to buy it for more than an hour but it kept failing, and then I noticed that they had raised the price. Oh well, I'll get it in a few months when I finish everything else I want to play first.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maskedarcstrike said:

That sucks, man. I'm glad I got it while it was lower now.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#173  Edited By Andorski

Is -66% the most Surgeon Simulator 2013 will go down?

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grabbed FTL, waiting on Bully, STALKER Call of Pripyat (if it even goes on sale at all), the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and CS:GO.

CS:GO was a Flash Sale yesterday, but it'll probably be reduced again. The Borderlands 2 Season Pass was $10 yesterday.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

hello everybody vote for sleeping dogs please thank you

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, yesterday I bought Skyrim LE, transferred my 150+ hour 360 save over, and spent most of the day modding, only to play about 20 minutes. And now I'm tempted to buy more shit I don't need on top of all the stuff I got, and haven't yet played from LAST YEAR'S sale, which I wasted money on because many of those unplayed games are now cheaper in this year's sale. Oh, PC gaming...

kuyaglen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By kuyaglen
    No Caption Provided

Oh yeah

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By jakob187

Sleeping Dogs is the Community Choice for now! WOOT! I'M FINALLY GOING TO PLAY THAT STUPID GAME!

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magicka :D

sqrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleeping Dogs DLC is still 50% off. Any of that stuff worth getting?

maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@jakob187: I was about to get Blood Dragon for 40% off but the discount got cut again to 25% =(. XCOM went to 50% as well for 19.99 but wasn't that on the flash sale?

Bully for $3.74 is a steal.

edit: Vote for Reus for the next community choice!!

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By devilzrule27

A lot of these smaller games I got during the amazon sale a month back and some of them for lower prices. They were smart to jump the gun on Steam. There deals were as good and some times better so they got to my money first haha. Did just get sleeping dogs though so there's that. Also picked up KOTOR cause why the fuck not.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders feeling generous here's a steam key for Little Inferno for anyone who doesn't already have it.

WW64H-CJN06-QFMIN

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maskedarcstrike: Really glad that I picked up Blood Dragon for $6.74 now! Also, I saw the price go up on XCOM. That's a bummer as well. Gotta get on those sales while they're hot, I guess.

I jumped all over the Sleeping Dogs community choice (YAY!), as well as nabbed Super Meat Boy for PC finally. I've had it on 360 since it came out, but I always wanted the PC version because of the massive updates it received.

Really debating on Bully and Magicka. $6 for the pair is a fucking steal, but at the same time, I'm already getting close to the end of my budget for THIS week of the sale...and I'm waiting to see Skyrim LE go on a big sale.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By confusedowl

@kuyaglen said:
    No Caption Provided

Oh yeah

I wonder what the odds are of that being a flash sale. I really want it but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much.

update: what the fuck its not on sale anymore? it said until July 22rd

maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: Go for Bully IMO and pass on Magicka and wait for one of the Magicka bundles to go on sale that has all the DLC on it, that's what I did.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By BaneFireLord

@nights said:

@banefirelord said:

CS:GO was a Flash Sale yesterday, but it'll probably be reduced again. The Borderlands 2 Season Pass was $10 yesterday.

Yeah, I was on the road all day yesterday. They'll come around again; they always do.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maskedarcstrike: The Magicka collection is 8.74 right now, do you think that's pretty good?

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really hoping that the sleeping dogs dlc would go on sale for 75%. Oh well will wait to see if it does that in a daily/flash.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

VOTE FOR TOWNS! please I want this game.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe I got X-Com, Giant Bomb's GOTY, for 10 bucks. Score!

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up CS:GO, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and Just Cause 2 w/ some dlc. Looking for Remember Me, DmC and COD 4 to drop to 50% and for trackmania canyon and valley to go on sale.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Capum15

Grabbed the Civ V Gold Upgrade because it was cheaper than buying Gods and Kings and a random DLC I didn't have. I had everything else from gold last year. Sigh.

Also picked up the Magicka DLC bundle. So aside from Endless Space, everything has basically been DLC. Voted for Reus because that looks pretty cool, but I doubt it'll win.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So far i bought

Column HeadPrice (rounded)
    No Time to Explain$2.50
    Super Puzzle Platformer Delux$4.00
    The Witcher$5.00
    The Witcher 2$10.00
    Just Cause 2 + DLC$4.50
    Fez$5.00
    Surgeon Simulator$3.50
    Far Cry 2$2.50
    Dyad$3.75
    Retro / Grade$2.50

Grand Total of $43.25.....well 43.26 if i add that copy of Metro Last Light

I really recommend No Time To Explain at that price, it goes into some amusing directions at the end. Its pretty short (~2hrs) but its packed with varied platforming and what i found to be really funny jokes and references and stuff to make it a great time.

Loading Video...

Also Wicher 2 has a fantasy world i find really interesting, which is surprising seeing how i hate them in every other game of this vein i have played.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can add FTL and Darksiders 2 to the list of games I own now. And I caved and bought all the Sleeping Dogs DLC. All of it. I'm an idiot.

Yet Fez is not cheap enough for me to pull the trigger.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sqrabbit said:

Sleeping Dogs DLC is still 50% off. Any of that stuff worth getting?

I liked all the "story" DLC (wheels of fury, nightmare in north point, zodiac tournament, year of the snake), I wouldn't bother with any of the other stuff.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By NeoCalypso

I bought GTAIV today without realizing that the complete GTAIV pack was only like 2 dollars($7) more. Then I went to pick up the episodes thinking it would be reasonable, only to find that JUST the episodes was 3 dollars($10) more than the complete pack. What the heck kind of pricing logic is that?!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay I'm officially finished with the sale. I've gone way over my initial amount so I'm satisfied. Here's the list of games I got.

• Cave Story +
    • Darksider ll + Season Pass
    • Drakensang
    • Drakensang The River of Time
    • Drakensang 2 Phileasson's Secret
    • Dungeon Siege 1
    • Dungeon Siege 2
    • Dungeon Siege 3
    • GRID
    • Hotline Miami
    • Krater
    • The Last Remnant
    • Legend of Grimrock

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Did anyone else get a seemingly random copy (or two, in my case) of Civ IV?

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Feanor

Super Meat Boy, Bastion, Borderlands 2, Rogue Legacy, Cart Life, Dark Souls all for about 35 bucks.

Bastion actually paid for itself. When I bought the game a foil trading card dropped, sold it on the market place for about 3 bucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.