The 6 million barrier breached

#1 Posted by me3639 (1795 posts) -

I was talking with a friend just the other day on the amount of users logged in seems to be averaging around 5.5 million on most days. Thats defiantly an increase from the normal 4.5 to 5 that i have seen in recent years, but i just saw that it is now over 6 million. First time i can recall it being that large. Now, who knows if these numbers are real but interesting to say the least.

#2 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

yay for pc gaming

#3 Posted by Pr1mus (3953 posts) -

It's been happening for a while on weekends. Sunday is usually the biggest day.

Dota 2 is also over 500000 concurrent players now. I wonder how much it would rise if Valve advertised it on the front page. I don't think they ever did and it's easy to imagine most people who don't ever visit gaming sites don't even know it's out for everyone now.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -

That's 6 million users!

#5 Posted by believer258 (12005 posts) -

And Gabe Newell is a very happy man!

Seriously, any work that man is doing now is whatever he wants to do. Has he crossed into billionaire status yet?

#6 Posted by Baillie (4247 posts) -

@believer258: Gabe's been a billionaire for well over a year now.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14713 posts) -

@baillie said:

how many knives is that?

#8 Posted by Baillie (4247 posts) -

@animasta said:

@baillie said:

how many knives is that?

According to my research, Gabe Newel spent $400,000 on knives from March 2012 - March 2013.

#9 Posted by Baillie (4247 posts) -

@animasta said:

@baillie said:

how many knives is that?

According to my research, Gabe Newel spent $400,000 on knives from March 2012 - March 2013.

#10 Posted by gike987 (1759 posts) -

That barrier was breached almost a year ago. These days steam gets 6-6.5 million concurrent users almost every weekend. Pretty sure they have almost hit 7 million a couple of times at this point.

#11 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Guys guys guys! Didn't you hear, pc gaming is dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.