Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

The crazy days of Steam holiday sale! Day 2

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By Nictel

After the big start, today seems a step back. I own most of the games on sale today and others I'm not interested in. 

Day 2

If you don't own them already, Bioshock 2 and The Witcher are recommendable. Of course only if your interested in their respective genres. A small warning on The Witcher: It's basically linear, though your choices do influence the game. It's also a game where you don't have to worry about weapon and armor upgrades as they can be counted on one hand.    

Gothic is a series I took a look at, its premise interests me but taking a better look there seem better games out there, especially in the cases of Gothic 3 & 4. But Gothic 1 & 2 do seem good. Gothic 2 seems like an improvement over 1 so that is where my choice lies.

Now for the games I'm buying today:  

Let's attack the enemy base by going over this small pathway..

Defense Grid: The Awakening 

A good looking defense game with Steam achievements with good reviews for just 1,80€? SOLD 

With each successful solved puzzle the girl removes one item of clothing.
    Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 
    Seems like a very enjoyable puzzle game with a story added for taste. For just 1,50€ this is another easy choice. 

I will never finish this game.

Gothic II: Gold Edition 
    My choice for getting just Gothic 2 and not the whole package I already explained. The money I saved I hopefully can spend on Dragon Age Ultimate Edition at 50% off. Please Steam? *Puppy Eyes* . Oh and I still need to finish Morrowind, Oblivion and Demon Soul's... So another huge RPG seems like a good investment, no?

Day 2 was a small day, we will see what tomorrow brings. If only I can remember that my salary is supposed to last the whole of January...
    Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Nictel

After the big start, today seems a step back. I own most of the games on sale today and others I'm not interested in. 

Day 2

If you don't own them already, Bioshock 2 and The Witcher are recommendable. Of course only if your interested in their respective genres. A small warning on The Witcher: It's basically linear, though your choices do influence the game. It's also a game where you don't have to worry about weapon and armor upgrades as they can be counted on one hand.    

Gothic is a series I took a look at, its premise interests me but taking a better look there seem better games out there, especially in the cases of Gothic 3 & 4. But Gothic 1 & 2 do seem good. Gothic 2 seems like an improvement over 1 so that is where my choice lies.

Now for the games I'm buying today:  

Defense Grid: The Awakening 

A good looking defense game with Steam achievements with good reviews for just 1,80€? SOLD 

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 
    Seems like a very enjoyable puzzle game with a story added for taste. For just 1,50€ this is another easy choice. 

Gothic II: Gold Edition 
    My choice for getting just Gothic 2 and not the whole package I already explained. The money I saved I hopefully can spend on Dragon Age Ultimate Edition at 50% off. Please Steam? *Puppy Eyes* . Oh and I still need to finish Morrowind, Oblivion and Demon Soul's... So another huge RPG seems like a good investment, no?

Day 2 was a small day, we will see what tomorrow brings. If only I can remember that my salary is supposed to last the whole of January...
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, day 2 isn't that great for me either. Either I have these games already, or it's more than I'm willing to spend on games I'm not going to play right now anyway.

So nothing for me today. I'm pretty thankful for that.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PerryVandell

Nothing of interest to me as far as Day 2 sales go. The Witcher for 5 bucks caught my eye but I've come to accept that I would never finish that game, especially with the way 2011's release calendar is looking.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nictel
    @Fullmetal216: And there I always make the mistake of buying the game anyway..And yeah I would be happy if I get to play most of 2011 catalog, though it seems most comes out at the end of the year.
    Cslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Cslaw
    @Fullmetal216:  whats the deal with people not finishing the witcher? its a great game, a buddy of mine has had the game since release and never got past  the first half of the game.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

I have never played Puzzle Quest but it looks interesting and people seem to love it, should I just get it now that  it's 85% off?

Bummer that it doesn't have Steam achievements

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By PerryVandell
    @Cslaw: Because that game is fucking long. I've played long games before, but I haven't played the Witcher so I can't say exactly why people stop playing.  

@Nictel: I'm looking forward to Dead Space 2 which comes out January 25 (and the demo is great!) and there's Little Big Planet 2, Killzone 3, Dragon Age 2 etc. Because of this, I am preparing to adjust to an all ramen noodle diet.
    stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By stackboy

A week ago I would have been tempted by Bioshock 2, but I ordered the 360 version for $20 online the other day.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nictel
    @Venatio said:
    " I have never played Puzzle Quest but it looks interesting and people seem to love it, should I just get it now that  it's 85% off?  Bummer that it doesn't have Steam achievements "  
    At this price it basically costs you one coffee/drink. So even if you do up hating it, there is little loss. 

@Fullmetal216
    said:
    " @Cslaw: Because that game is fucking long. I've played long games before, but I haven't played the Witcher so I can't say exactly why people stop playing.  

@Nictel: I'm looking forward to Dead Space 2 which comes out January 25 (and the demo is great!) and there's Little Big Planet 2, Killzone 3, Dragon Age 2 etc. Because of this, I am preparing to adjust to an all ramen noodle diet. "

Well in my case I still need to finish Killzone 1&2 and Dead space and LBP :P Yeah I'm a bit behind.. So maybe lock myself up the entire year with water and bread..

@Cslaw Personally I stopped playing when I came to the lake part and I don't remember exactly but I had to do something that involved a lot of walking and I was just a bit tired of walking the entire time just to pick up or speak to someone at the time I just wanted to finish the story quickly and it didn't let me. I still want to finish it but it probably won't be for a while. In any case before Witcher 2 as I do want to get that.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Tordah

I picked up The Witcher too. I don't know when I will ever get around to playing it though, I have so much stuff that I need to finish before moving onto such a massive RPG. I don't even have enough HDD space for it right now with the number of games already installed. 

I'm thinking I probably won't play it before I buy a new computer (in preparation for Diablo 3, mind you). It would be nice to be able to pull all the graphics sliders up to max.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.