Updated March 4th 2015
Hey, duder. Let's Steamgifts. Here's how it works:
1. Join the GB Giveaway Group:
The GB Gift Giveway group is for Upstanding Duders; meaning GB members, and only. If you signed up within the last few months and have only a handful of posts, you're not getting in.
If you're an upstanding duder, message me or one of the group moderators via the GB PM system to get in!
Provide a link to your Steam Community profile! Like this: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hamsteralliance
2. Log on to steamgifts with your Steam account*:
It's safe, yo. It connects through the Steam API, and checks what games are already in your account and if you're part of the GB Giveaway Group.
3. Join a raffle:
Just go to the Steamgifts site, click on one of the giveaways listed, and click the "Enter To Win!" button. Enter as many giveaways as you like, provided that you have enough points**.
Start your own giveaway on the Steamgifts site and set it to GB Group Only in the options. I suggest 2 to 3 days as the duration for a giveaway.
Post about your giveaway in this very thread. Wanna make your forum post fancy? Try Tables! *maaaagiiccc*
|PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate|
That's 2 columns, 1 row, no header, Max-Width off. Link on the left. Image on the right. I got the image from the Steamgifts page for the giveaway.
Give games, get games. Let's share the love.
FAQ - READ THESE THEY ARE ALSO IMPORTANT:
1. RE-SYNC: If you signed up to steamgifts before joining the GB Giveaway Group, after joining the group you can resync your account here
* 2. TUFF-E-NUFF: You need at least $100 worth of games in your Steam account to join Steamgifts.
** 3. POINTS? 1P = $1. You'll earn points over time, so just come back later if you don't have enough.
4. JUST THE BOMB: To filter Steamgifts so that you only see GB Giveaway Group giveaways, you'll need to install a browser add-on:
5. MY BABIES: You cannot give away games that you have in your Steam Library. If it's in your library, it means you own it and that's permanent. To gift a game it must be something from your Steam Inventory or something that you just bought with the explicit purpose of giving away. Once a game is in your Library, it is no longer giftable.