The Giant Bomb steamgifts.com Giveaway Thread

#1601 Edited by Hamst3r (4554 posts) -

All of you are the bestest.

#1602 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

@triple07: It seemed liked a nice thing to do I suppose; I had a ton of codes lying around and games sitting in my Steam inventory that were in my backlog from the sales, but after Christmas I knew I'd have no time to play them all, so I decided to gift most of them rather than have them just sit in my Steam library. That said, the gifting bug is kind of infectious so I ended up buying some games when good deals came up and added them to my games to giveaway, but there's no way for me to sustain that so I decided to bring it to a close for now with some of the bigger games I picked up. Also, why not? ^^

That's very nice of you! I was just curious since you had so many amazing giveaways. I was imagining crazy things as to why you had so many giveaways. Like you won the lottery or something like that.

#1603 Posted by MoonlightMoth (476 posts) -

@triple07: Well it was my birthday yesterday, but no lottery win I'm afraid ^^

Also, final giveaways encore!

Bioshock Infinite

Tomb Raider

(Ends 9.25pm GMT Tuesday 26th) Thank you everyone for all the lovely comments by the way, y'all making me blush :)

Also could EpsilonDuck, notdavid, and Mafolu (SG account names) please check their emails/send feedback as I've not heard anything, thankies :)

#1604 Posted by TruthTellah (9419 posts) -

@moonlightmoth: Wow! Bioshock Infinite? Happy Birthday indeed! I've been wanting to pick it up, but the investment is just a little high for me right now. So, hey, even the small sliver of a chance at getting it is really cool. Thanks. :)

#1605 Edited by MOAB (426 posts) -

@moonlightmoth said:

@triple07: Well it was my birthday yesterday, but no lottery win I'm afraid ^^

belated happy birthday, you generous bastard!

#1606 Edited by Dacnomaniac (443 posts) -
#1607 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -
#1608 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

I just wanted to hop and here and say thanks to @moonlightmoth for being awesome.

#1609 Edited by jedge (57 posts) -

Goddamn MoonlightMoth - you're alright, duder. Happy birthday and thanks for giving us all the chance to win this stuff!

#1610 Edited by Humanity (9853 posts) -

Just as I win FarCry 3 from Moonlightmoth my Internet goes down and won't be back up till Monday. Now ill have to ..go out..and socialize over the weekend..instead of skinning animals for pelts.

Thanks a bunch dude I will give proper thanks etc on Monday when I have Internet. Also being limited to viewing GiantBomb on my phone I realize how horribly lacking the new mobile site is.

#1611 Posted by ESREVER (2703 posts) -

@moonlightmoth: Happy belated Birthday! Pretty sure you're one of the most generous people on this site, and people here are already super generous! Good lawd, you've donated over $1,700 worth of games.

#1612 Posted by pyromagnestir (4336 posts) -

I just wanted to hop and here and say thanks to @moonlightmoth for being awesome.

I just wanted to hop in here and quote this guy because he has the right idea. You are awesome moonlightmoth!

#1613 Edited by MachoFantastico (4862 posts) -

Awesome giveaways from awesome duders... enough said!

#1614 Posted by TopSteer (675 posts) -

@moonlightmoth: Yo thanks a lot for X-Com and happy late birthday to you as well.

#1615 Posted by RawknRo11a (568 posts) -

@moonlightmoth: you sir are one amazing Duder. oh, and Happy Birthday!

#1616 Posted by MoonlightMoth (476 posts) -

:') thanks everyone.

#1617 Edited by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

New joiner to this steamgifts.com thing - so testing it out with two copied of The Binding of Isaac

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/2Hdek/the-binding-of-isaac

#1618 Posted by RawknRo11a (568 posts) -

@moonlightmoth: goddamn, first you post a crazy number of giveaways, then you post that ridiculously adorable picture. Duder, your the best!

#1619 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

@moonlightmoth: Well happy belated birthday then! Also thanks for the giveaways (I won a couple of them)!

#1620 Edited by gametrkr (70 posts) -

@moonlightmoth: I offer up my body as thanks................... This got awkward.

BONUS:

(H) My body i.e. wonderland(W) Half-Life 3

#1621 Posted by Humanity (9853 posts) -

We should all start a Kickstarter where we donate money to @moonlightmoth for all these giveaways.

#1622 Posted by Pudge (911 posts) -
#1623 Posted by deano546 (183 posts) -
#1624 Posted by crunchmonkey (258 posts) -

Tomb Raider and the Guardian of Light for PS3 (Japanese PSN account required):

BCHP-GPN?-G42R

? = 3

#1625 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

Happy belated birfday Moth, you've had some amazing giveaways!!

I went to PAX East this weekend and grabbed a free copy of Sanctum so I'm passing it off to somebody who (probably) wasn't at PAX East this year!!

Sanctum

#1626 Edited by Camling (72 posts) -

Because it seems I've won something very cool, here is something hopefully at least a little bit cool :-)

Botanicula

#1627 Edited by Zor (664 posts) -

Hmph, well i don't seem to be winning any of the xcom giveaways (0 out of 20 so far) so maybe if I give away a few things my luck will change.

Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

A Game of Dwarves

I also have keys for Gamersgate copies of Street Racing Syndicate, Guilty Gear Isuka, and Gun Metal. If anyone wants them, let me know.

#1628 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1859 posts) -

Man, I hope that I'm doing this right.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

BioShock

Am I right in supposing putting 6 DotA 2 keys on here would be discouraged? Every time I get rid of them, I get another batch.

#1629 Edited by Camling (72 posts) -

@viking_funeral: I think steamgifts don't allow making those anymore, but who could object if you offered them here... but if there is anyone who doesn't already have one or fifty, that's another question :-)

#1630 Posted by TruthTellah (9419 posts) -
#1631 Edited by Zor (664 posts) -

@viking_funeral: Thanks for the giveaways. Also, you can sell your DoTA keys on steam's market place (for like 2 cents each)... well, you should be able to, there are some restrictions (like i think your profile has to be active or something along those lines) but i am not sure what they are exactly.

#1632 Edited by MachoFantastico (4862 posts) -

Sent gift copies of Bioshock and XCOM to the winners. Congrats!

#1633 Posted by nywt (440 posts) -
#1634 Edited by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

Hey guys, I really screwed up the giveaways I was going to do by shoving up those Sega Genesis things. I totally forgot those would count as 15 giveaways, not 5, and I ran out of giveaway slots. Finally got one back.

Contributor value of $123.45 required.

#1635 Edited by Camling (72 posts) -

Crap, I (or steamgifts, to be more precise) somehow managed to create two giveaways of Botanicula with just one click... oh what the hell, it's not that expensive. I just hope some third giveaway I was not aware of is not going to appear, I really want to play that third copy myself :-)

So here are both links this time. Seems like most people found them sooner than me, but just to be sure.

Speaking of unexpected giveaways, I got steam key for DLC Quest from some older bundle. I don't consider it too much of a game, more like short joke, really, and I don't want to create giveaway or add it to my library either... so I would gladly give it to some Upstanding Duder, if he or she wants it.

edit: ...aaaaand it's gone.

#1636 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -
#1637 Edited by Zor (664 posts) -
#1638 Edited by deano546 (183 posts) -
#1639 Posted by Hamst3r (4554 posts) -
#1640 Edited by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

Hey guys, I really screwed up the giveaways I was going to do by shoving up those Sega Genesis things. I totally forgot those would count as 15 giveaways, not 5, and I ran out of giveaway slots. Finally got one back.

I've been meaning to thank you for this. I really hope that I win it. Either way, I think it's about time that more people start making giveaways for people who actually contribute.

#1641 Posted by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

@dizzymedal said:

I've been meaning to thank you for this. I really hope that I win it. Either way, I think it's about time that more people start making giveaways for people who actually contribute.

Not necassarily, I mean the group giveaways usually only have about 30 or so entries, which gives a chance that is a lot higher than public giveaways. Though of course if it's something really new and desirable like Moonlight's last few, more people will turn up but even then it's only about 60-70 entries.

To be completly honest, when I was first going to put mine up, I was only going to put a $30.01 value on it. Then I discovered I couldn't put it up (because I'm thick, durr). Later, when Moonlight put theirs up, I felt better about setting a higher number on mine, because everyone had a shot with the other one.

#1642 Edited by bibamatt (1089 posts) -
#1643 Posted by crimsinf (147 posts) -
#1644 Edited by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Is anyone else having trouble signing into steamgifts? I noticed that the Steam Store is down so that might the reason why steamgifts is acting up.

EDIT: worked after a couple more tries

#1645 Edited by Irishdoom (333 posts) -
#1646 Edited by dimon222 (2 posts) -

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/uXcCV/surprise

#1647 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -
#1648 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

Wanted to make a few giveaways for the contributors of Giant Bomb. I can't afford the newest titles but some of these are pretty good for the price. :D Enjoy and Good Luck! ONLY $20 CONTRIBUTOR LEVEL! I also have like 3 More Giveaway Ill start once these are over. Sorry its not anything special I just like giving something! GOOD LUCK

Warlocks: Masters of the Arcane

A Game of Dwarves

Europa Universalis III: Chronicles Collection

Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Gamersgate Keys:

Street Racing Syndicate: SR?-LME-D?A-BM5 ?= The first letter of the blue Hedgehogs Name.

Gun Metal: GUN?-?FX-D37-TD6 ?= The first letter of the red and green Italian Plumbers name. In that order

#1649 Edited by Towers (96 posts) -
#1650 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1472 posts) -

Today i have 3 giveaways for you, 1 is from cleaning out the rest of my invatory and the other 2 are games i have been enjoying alot and decided to but extra copies to giveaway

R.U.S.E:

Orcs Must Die!:

Orcs Must Die! 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.