The Giant Bomb steamgifts.com Giveaway Thread

#251 Edited by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

Wait a minute...where is there a second GiantBomb group just for giveaways? Isn't that sort of stupid? We're already in the main group so why aren't we sticking with that?

Edit: Well I have mine on the main GiantBomb group here because the other one is invite only. Starts in 5 min.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

#252 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Have we established some sort of criteria for joining the group? It looks like we are getting people popping in here (first few posts on the site) just to profit from the generosity of others.\

Edit: Also, does anyone know why there are mass amounts of certain games on that site? Specifically stuff like The Ship and Nuclear Dawn.

#253 Posted by Danteveli (1162 posts) -

The Ship was in Indie Royale bundle and after redeeming it you recieved another copy to gift to someone else.

#254 Posted by Gregoric (5 posts) -

@Subjugation For the Nuclear Dawn, there are tons of there giveaways because everyone win already had the game in their library, received another giftable copy. They've made so to make the game more popular, as I suppose.

#255 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@wewantsthering

Wait a minute...where is there a second GiantBomb group just for giveaways? Isn't that sort of stupid? We're already in the main group so why aren't we sticking with that?

Edit: Well I have mine on the main GiantBomb group here because the other one is invite only. Starts in 5 min.

Because tons of people were just joining the GB group for the giveaways. Defeated the purpose of a GB community giveaway.
#256 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@wewantsthering

Because tons of people were just joining the GB group for the giveaways. Defeated the purpose of a GB community giveaway.

Oh okay. Can someone invite me to the group then? :-)

#257 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@Subjugation: We're pretty much just using common sense to determine who gets in, people who have just signed up to get prizes won't be allowed join the group, I've already dealt with a few of them.

#258 Edited by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: I had no idea that Risk Factions was even ON Steam, that's fantastic!

#259 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I would also like an invite to this secret society.

#260 Posted by pyromagnestir (4247 posts) -

@FateOfNever: I didn't either, till yesterday.

Seemed a nice, and different, choice to give away, and I'm more than glad to gift this to someone. Fucking love that game.

#261 Edited by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

#262 Posted by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

@Rhaknar: PM your steam name to me and ill invite you.

#263 Posted by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

@wewantsthering: @PeasantAbuse: PM me your steam profile and ill invite you to the group. Sorry about that but we have an invite only group so we don't get random people who are just entering the giveaways.

#264 Edited by Camling (70 posts) -
#265 Posted by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

@Camling: I think the URL for the HTML embed is bad. I get a Giant Bomb 404 error when I clicked it.

#266 Posted by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

@Camling: I think the URL for the HTML embed is bad. I get a Giant Bomb 404 error when I clicked it.

#267 Edited by Camling (70 posts) -

@Mendelson9: Thanks for the warning. Glowfish, this time properly!

#268 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Mendelson9 said:

@wewantsthering: @PeasantAbuse: PM me your steam profile and ill invite you to the group. Sorry about that but we have an invite only group so we don't get random people who are just entering the giveaways.

Got my invite, thanks. I'll be putting some stuff up once the summer sale hits.

#269 Edited by Marz (5642 posts) -

well gave away my gift, most likely to a non giantbomb member. If you are a regular member, i apologize in advance.

#270 Edited by WebScud (114 posts) -
I just made another one for Greed Corp., but I messed up and made it for the general Giant Bomb group. Sorry duders.

#271 Posted by moosenukes (6 posts) -

Two copies of The Binding of Isaac up for grabs

#272 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Question:

I won a game from this group. And they sent the gift email and all.. went to claim it and said if I wanted to download now. I was busy so choose no, and accidentally deleted the email, and the game is not in my inventory, or game library. I emailed the user... but is there anything I can do about this?

#273 Posted by Hamst3r (4452 posts) -

@rockyhorrorgerri: Aww snap. So, it's not in your emails trash or "all mail" folder either? I guess getting the gifter to resend the email is really all you can do, if you can't find the email.

#274 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

@rockyhorrorgerri: Are you sure it isn't in your library? Usually by the time you've entered the key and got to the download prompt, it's activated and linked to your account. When I buy games from indie bundles and put keys in, I nearly always cancel before the download, and the games always go into my library no problem.

Moderator Online
#275 Edited by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@Hamst3r: Deleted the contents of my trash folder assuming I had the game.... Not the smartest thing no.. but I contacted him, though I see he doesn't get on Giantbomb all that much.

: It was not a key more less a gift won. I clicked it, was prompted to what I can assume was to download it, thinking by clicking no it would be put in my inventory for later... was not.

#276 Edited by Flaime (525 posts) -

#277 Posted by line99 (10 posts) -

Thanks Rancior for Sanctum giveaway (yay won :D)

#278 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Thanks for The Ship, Valestis. I feel bad about just entering a bunch of these without offering anything, but I don't have anything to give out. I'll make sure to offer something soon enough.

#279 Posted by Mikipa (1 posts) -
#280 Edited by Gnorbooth (278 posts) -
#281 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@wewantsthering: Thanks so much! Sorry it took me so long to let you know I got it but I got it!

#282 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Problem averted. Contacted him on Giantbomb, and he resent the gift. Thanks so much DeathTrap for Portal!

#283 Edited by DeathTrap (232 posts) -

@rockyhorrorgerri: No worries :) I'm actually on GiantBomb a ton. I just don't usually post anything. I'm more of a lurker.

#284 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@DeathTrap: :D Thanks again!

#285 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

@SuperWristBands: No problem! :-)

#286 Posted by Gregoric (5 posts) -

Anyone who wants Red Orchestra (not the sequel) guest pass for Steam? That's full game but available like a trial - for a week. I can't give the gift away using SG (that is only guest pass), so feel free to contact me somehow if you want one. Dear people of GB, are you using the chat on Steam recently? I wanted to ask some details about wiki but when few hundred players were online, none came to the chat :/. Okay, one duder came and just after few seconds he went out. I'd be glad to chat some of you, not only for my questions.

#287 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

I also have Steam guest passes for Red Orchestra 1 and 2 (2 for each game). Add me (Steam ID same as username) and I'll gift you one.

#288 Edited by Winternet (8006 posts) -
#289 Posted by Rancior (9 posts) -
#290 Edited by Murtaug (308 posts) -

@Rancior: You are welcome, hopefully the game is at least a bit more fun than the reviews make it out to be.

That said, new give away! Small one to start off another round, but a good one. Making this one short, ends tomorrow.

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

Okay, I have no idea how to insert the fancy images.

#291 Edited by Eaxis (899 posts) -

Here is one more.

#292 Edited by sebastien102 (20 posts) -
#293 Posted by sebastien102 (20 posts) -
#294 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
#295 Edited by emergency (1193 posts) -
#296 Edited by EvilTheSlayer (13 posts) -

4 Copies to be given away.

A copy paste of the description:

By the magic of Greyskull I have received 4 copies of this Nuclear spell that I am willing to part with for the low low price of you clicking the enter giveaway button.

Also trying a 99 cent contributor thing just to see how it fairs.

#297 Posted by DeF (4801 posts) -

@emergency: invite sent to my favorite steam-helper duder :D

#298 Posted by pyromagnestir (4247 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@jonnybob: cool. now lets see if I can get the signature thing working right...

there should be fixed now...

I will quote myself! I regret not making this last through the weekend. Ends at 1, get in whilst you can and good luck everybody!

#299 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@DeF said:

haha, I don't think I got it?! :P

#300 Posted by DeF (4801 posts) -

@emergency said:

@DeF said:

haha, I don't think I got it?! :P

whoops, I didn't know that only mods can sent out invites. for some reason it still gave me the option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.