The "I'm not buying a digital snow globe for 0,50!" Thread

• 51 results
#1 Edited by Abendlaender (2754 posts) -

So since Steam is doing that again, I was thinking it'd be good idea to start this thread. I mean if you are lucky you can craft some ultra-rare Dota 2 item and sell it for 500.000 USD. Or maybe not. In short: If you don't want to spend your money on digital Snow Globes, maybe try trading them here? I'll start:

I'll trade one Number #1 Snow Globe for any other except: 1, 2, 6 or 8.

Add me on Steam: Abendlaender

#2 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I'll also trade my Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag #1, for any card except 6 or 8.

Steam name is: Coafi

#3 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Ahem, I have two of those Assassin's Creed #1 cards. Let's trade, buddies!

#4 Posted by GaspoweR (2792 posts) -

Oh man...we should get @mattbodega on here! Psst sir, sir, sir...yes, you sir, we want you here.

#5 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

An ultra rare DOTA2 item, huh? Maybe I should actually start crafting. There's no telling how many 'My First RTS By Fisherprice' fans are willing to pawn their mom's Ford Pinto in for a couple of lines of code.

#6 Posted by alanm26v5 (435 posts) -

I've just been selling my cards as soon as I get them. Maybe since they're on a steady decline, I'll buy up a set near the end. That is, unless they spike because of the looming deadline to use them.

#7 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@coafi said:

I'll also trade my Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag #1, for any card except 6 or 8.

Steam name is: Coafi

About to add you on Steam. I have a couple extra #2s. I'll trade you one for a #1.

#8 Edited by billymagnum (715 posts) -

I need 4, 6, 7, and 9. I have an extra 5 and 8. what sucks is buying stuff and getting the same God damn cards over and over. im billy_magnum

#9 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

I have an extra 2 that I'll trade for a 4, 7, or 8.

#10 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4329 posts) -

I totally sold one of those snow globes for 50 cents

#11 Edited by Tajasaurus (789 posts) -

yo you might not be buying them but i'm selling them

#12 Edited by TheStandardToaster (118 posts) -

I have an extra 2 and 6. I need a 1, 9 or 10....

#13 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Alright, I traded with someone here. I'm still missing (3, 4, 5, 7 & 10). I got an extra of #1 and #9.

#14 Posted by MuchoBeans (20 posts) -

yo @coafi, I'll give you a trade. Just added you on Steam.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6141 posts) -

@alanm26v5 said:

I've just been selling my cards as soon as I get them. Maybe since they're on a steady decline, I'll buy up a set near the end. That is, unless they spike because of the looming deadline to use them.

Yeah, I'm guessing they might go up in value once the deadline gets close.

The Summer Getaway Sale cards have hilariously bottomed out, because there are still tens of thousands of each one available, and I guess interest in crafting that badge has dwindled now that that event is long since over. It was probably smart of Valve to make the cards expire this time, instead of there being a bunch that nobody wants.

#16 Posted by TheStandardToaster (118 posts) -

I have an extra #2 that I will trade for anything other than a #6....

#17 Posted by Sergio (2044 posts) -

I have three #3, one #4, two #5, one #8, and one #9.

I don't care about any of the game items, so I'll trade any card for a non-duplicate. I'll keep trading them (when I'm available) until the sale ends.

#18 Edited by Gruff182 (851 posts) -

A quick question. Were these cards ever really worth much? I've got a tonne of them from games and a past sale. Never really bothered to look into it.

I love that they do these meta things, I just can never be bothered to read through it.

#19 Edited by Abendlaender (2754 posts) -

@gruff182 said:

A quick question. Were these cards ever really worth much? I've got a tonne of them from games and a past sale. Never really bothered to look into it.

I love that they do these meta things, I just can never be bothered to read through it.

There not worth as much as they used to be, but I earned about 90€ selling all my cards (This includes a card I sold for 20€ during the trading card beta when people were absolutely insane)

#20 Posted by onarum (2011 posts) -

yeah, I got lucky and got a foil card, which I sold for 7 bucks :) I resisted the urge to buy a game with that money and used it to get some cards instead, for many game badges I wanted to complete.

I also ended up trading many of the snowglobe cards instead of buying them, crafted the badge once already, maybe I'll be able to craft it a second time before this is over

#21 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

yo @coafi, I'll give you a trade. Just added you on Steam.

I'll accept that trade whenever Steam settles down. The servers are crazy right now!

#22 Posted by csl316 (8082 posts) -

I have a bunch of snow globes and have no clue what the hell they are.

#23 Posted by Optix12 (610 posts) -

I have 2 spare 6 cards but one is already reserved for someone. If you want the other one add me on steam if you search "7e4" optix101 (or a similar name to that should appear) and im that guy

#24 Edited by Management (596 posts) -

I sold a foil snow globe for 1.38 euros. Crazy that people actually use money on that stuff!

#25 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Crap, I keep getting the #1 card, right now I have 2 (#1) and 2 (#9). I'm still missing (3, 4, 5, 7 & 10). Help me out here, duders.

#26 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

@coafi: I've got doubles of 3 & 7

#27 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

@coafi: I've got doubles of 3 & 7

Cool, wanna trade for one of my 9's or 1's? If so, hit me up on Steam (Coafi)

#28 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

@coafi: Sounds good I need the 9 & 1, I think I just added u.

#29 Edited by darkvare (758 posts) -

i have 4 6 and 8 they are free if you can answer my obscure simpsons trivia btw my id is don_vare

#30 Edited by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

@darkvare: I'll answer some triva I just added you on steam

#31 Edited by Skyfire543 (654 posts) -

I have 1-6. I have 2 6's and looking for the rest of the set. I'll trade any other card I have. Add me up.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skyfire543/

#32 Edited by Shivoa (606 posts) -

I have an extra #3 & 4, will swap for #2, 7, or 9. Steam user: Shivoa. Will update as needs/dupes change.

@skyfire543: Thanks for the swap.

Edit 4: All done.

#33 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

Just crafted a badge! Yay!

#34 Edited by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

Anyone have #5? I'll trade 2, 8 or 9 for it

#35 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Man i really need 2 and 7.

I can offer 5, 8X2.

Would be really nice If someone had these 2 left..

#36 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

Every snow globe I get, I sell that shit in the marketplace faster than you can say "this makes no sense". I'm basically a multimillionaire at this point.

#37 Posted by Funzzo (834 posts) -

Every snow globe I get, I sell that shit in the marketplace faster than you can say "this makes no sense". I'm basically a multimillionaire at this point.

Yep. I have purchased at least 5 games just off of selling globes and cards. Almost all the games on steam have cards now and if you sell all of them like I do it does not take long to build up that steam wallet.

#38 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Alright, I'm almost there only missing #4 and #10. I got an extra #3 and #8. Offer me some trades, Steam id: (Coafi).

#39 Posted by Aetheldod (3509 posts) -

@coafi: Just sold a #10 for 15 cents :/ sorry duder

#40 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

@coafi: Just sold a #10 for 15 cents :/ sorry duder

No problem, once I craft the badge I will be doing the same thing!

#41 Posted by spree4567 (138 posts) -

Need a 9

Have an extra 1, 2, 6, or 8 to trade for it

Hit me up on Steam, spree4567

#42 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3733 posts) -

You're a bunch of crazy people!

#43 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2990 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

You're a bunch of crazy people!

Just you wait sir, digital snow globes will replace bitcoins as digital currency.

#44 Edited by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

@spree4567: I got an extra #9 for your #2. Just let me know and I'll add you

#45 Edited by aidros (231 posts) -
#46 Edited by RazielCuts (2923 posts) -

I have to trade -

• Snow Globe #1 - (1)
  • Snow Globe #2 - (2)
  • Snow Globe #4 - (2)
  • Snow Globe #5 - (1)
  • Snow Globe #9 - (2)

I need -

• Snow Globe #6
  • Snow Globe #7
  • Snow Globe #10

RazielCuts on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/razielcuts

#47 Posted by RupertTheBear (178 posts) -

I'm Trading

• Snow Globe #5 - (2)
  • Snow Globe #7 - (2)
  • Snow Globe #8 - (1)
  • Snow Globe #9 - (1)

I need

• Snow Globe #4

Steam : psn_wartribution

#48 Edited by CornBREDX (4780 posts) -
#49 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

I need all cards! Send them to me!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mcshank/

#50 Edited by billymagnum (715 posts) -

extras I have...

#1.1

#2.2

#3.1

#5.2

#7.1

#8.2

#9.1

#10.1

I think ive finally got my last card so i can craft. gonna hold out until the last day to sell any remaining because im guessing there will be a big rush before they become invalid...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.