The Mega Steam End o' Year Sale Discussion Thread!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Edited by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -
#202 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Im tempted to get Farming Simulator 2013 at the moment. I want a nice relaxing game I can play while listening to podcasts.

#203 Posted by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

I just bought ArtRage Studio Pro. I could use a break from Photoshop and besides I really liked the surfaces and watercolor on ArtRage.

I also got the THQ pack and the Season Pass and Smaller DLC for Borderlands 2. I had hoped they'd get a 10-25% off but it's not going to happen.

#204 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Torchlight 2 is now on a flash deal -50%. Can it still go to -75% on a daily deal?

#205 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@DjCmeP said:

Torchlight 2 is now on a flash deal -50%. Can it still go to -75% on a daily deal?

no. or, 99% chance it wont, i guess it COULD happen, just in case theres a pricing fuck up or something. But yeah, Flash Deals and Daily Deals are the same shit going by past sales

#206 Edited by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

I was pumped up for this sale, and granted it's a long way from over, but so far it's been a bummer. 48 hours is WAY to long for a set of 6 deals to be up. It even says "today's deals" at the top of the the page.

#207 Posted by Rexman64 (28 posts) -

@NekuCTR: They still bring in new deals every day. They just let the previous deals run for an extra 24 hours, in case anybody missed them. The past few sales have run the same way.

#208 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

what rex said

#209 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

How can I not buy Mirrors Edge for $2 DICE?

#210 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Woah those Amazon deals are crazy, too bad it's America only.

#211 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

EXACTLY!

It may have taken me...4 years(?), but I finally took the plunge.

I like it.

Seems like it was worth the wait.

#212 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

EXACTLY!

It may have taken me...4 years(?), but I finally took the plunge.

I like it.

Seems like it was worth the wait.

It was one of my favourites of 2008, which was overall my favourite year of gaming ever. Already 100% on 360, but seriously 2 bucks.

#213 Posted by Killercombo (225 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Woah those Amazon deals are crazy, too bad it's America only.

It is easy to buy games on the US store, I am in the UK and bought AC3 Special Edition, according a marketing member Scribblenauts will be 75% off on the 24th (you can also instantly play the game: rather than having to wait until 14/2 in the EU)

#214 Edited by Moth_Pope (454 posts) -

Ok, so far I've got: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Dishonoured, Anna, Torchlight II, Borderlands 2 and Sleeping Dogs (that was only 22% or so, but still, it's relatively cheap as is)... Just a nice FarCry 3 price drop needed to round it off! Because I've been so frugal with games in general this year, this is the first time a Steam sale will actually benefit me. There's a whole lot of hours in those games...

#215 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Don't you mean $5?

#216 Posted by thebatmobile (981 posts) -

I just bought Sim City 4 for 2,49€! Sweet!

#217 Posted by TheHT (11249 posts) -

You know what? Fear 3 probably isn't the best of games. But for 5 bucks, sure. I'll get some Steam achievements and slide/jump kick some fools with a co-op partner.

#218 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

lol at DMC4 (activates on steam) being out of stock on GMG minutes after I bought mine :D

#219 Posted by Jumbs (245 posts) -

First world problems: Steam sales rarely interest me anymore because I own everything.

#220 Posted by Salarn (465 posts) -

@TheHT said:

You know what? Fear 3 probably isn't the best of games. But for 5 bucks, sure. I'll get some Steam achievements and slide/jump kick some fools with a co-op partner.

*sniffle* It's a Christmas miracle.

#221 Posted by Cashewual (157 posts) -

Do you duders know how often Green Man Gaming switches their games on sale?

#222 Edited by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

How fast is the Steam support usually? I bought "Torchlight 2" about three hours ago, and I never received the game. My bank account got charged but I never got the game and the transaction doesn't show on my Paypal page either.

#223 Posted by MOAB (375 posts) -

@DjCmeP: are you sure you didn't accidentally buy it as a gift?

#224 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@MOAB: Yes. I'm sure.

#225 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Salarn said:

@TheHT said:

I should probably play that game...Someday.

#226 Posted by Salarn (465 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Salarn said:

@TheHT said:

Ironically, so should I

#227 Posted by TobbRobb (4646 posts) -

Don't really want anything this year. Will look around anyways, it ain't christmas if I'm not consuming.

#228 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Horrible temptation to buy shite games like HAWX because they are so cheap, but I'm going to suppress it.

#229 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

natural selection 2 reminds me why I never get multiplayer only games... between timeouts trying to enter games, and pinging out / disconecting shortly after I finally do join one is really bumming me out, shame because the game looks fun too. And im too lazy to find a solution, which is on me, but still :/

#230 Posted by CornBREDX (5275 posts) -

F.E.A.R franchise is 75% off right now 
I may get F.E.A.R 2 again. It wasn't bad and I had it on XBOX which I sold earlier this year.

#231 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -
@zudthespud said:

Horrible temptation to buy shite games like HAWX because they are so cheap, but I'm going to suppress it.

I thought the first HAWX was pretty good. Second one not so much.

Just grabbed Splinter Cell: Conviction and a friend gifted me Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Nothing I've been looking at has hit flash or daily yet though.
#232 Posted by Andorski (5309 posts) -

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is on sale for $15. The only other GR game I played was GRAW so I don't have any ties to the series' more realistic gameplay back in the day, and I actually enjoyed how the Splinter Cell series became more mainstreamed and action-packed with Conviction. Would I like this game?

#233 Posted by believer258 (11903 posts) -
@Salarn

@Cloudenvy said:

@Salarn said:

@TheHT said:

Ironically, so should I

It's actually not that bad. But it is fucking stupid, in a fun kind of way.
#234 Posted by Encephalon (1261 posts) -

Well... I have Borderlands 2 now. How did this happen?

#235 Posted by benspyda (2034 posts) -

Should I buy Borderlands 2 again for PC even though I have it on xbox with the season pass. Is the PC version a lot better? I do feel like rolling a new character.

#236 Posted by Andorski (5309 posts) -

@benspyda said:

Should I buy Borderlands 2 again for PC even though I have it on xbox with the season pass. Is the PC version a lot better? I do feel like rolling a new character.

I think the better question is if you have a number of friends to play through the game again on PC.

#237 Posted by benspyda (2034 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@benspyda said:

I think the better question is if you have a number of friends to play through the game again on PC.

Well I got the 360 version because I have most friends there. But I also mostly solo borderlands anyway so its not really the concern for me. I have spent a fair bit of money and time on the 360 version already so I think I may just stick with it unless GMG offer a great deal on it over the next few days.

#238 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Finally picked up Legend of Grimrock for $3.74. Hoping I don't get turned off by the old-schoolness and difficulty and can stick with it.

#239 Edited by Xyber (292 posts) -

I got a key for Dishonored to sell if anyone wants it, I want 15€ for it. I accept payment through paypal, send me a PM if you are interested.

Edit: Sold.

#240 Posted by Kiri90 (257 posts) -

@Church069: Don't even hesitate, it's awesome!

#241 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Sims 3's 66% off at the moment, but I don't want to get it if it then goes down to 75% off in a daily deal...

#242 Posted by Koukou (39 posts) -

The Darksiders franchise pack is currently priced lower than Darksiders 2 by itself, so buyer beware!

#243 Posted by Xymox (2088 posts) -

Wow, even though Sims 3 and all the DLC is discounted at 66% it still totals to well over $220.

#244 Posted by MB (12389 posts) -

So....I've never purchased a THQ collection, yet I have every single game in the current THQ collection offering.

My name is MB and I'm addicted to Steam Sales.

#245 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -
@Maystack said:

Sims 3's 66% off at the moment, but I don't want to get it if it then goes down to 75% off in a daily deal...

It won't. Flash sales are basically the same thing as daily, but with shorter time spans. At least that's what I've gathered from previous sales.
#246 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

sorry if old (cant be that old) but GMG has Sleeping Dogs for 66% off at the moment (Steamworks so you can, well, HAVE to redeam on Steam) AND you can use the current 30% voucher aswell AND you get either cash back or GMG credit for future purchase.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pt/en/pc/games/action/sleeping-dogs-limited-edition/

30% voucher

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

just insert that in the little voucher slot at checkout, worked for me, just bought it to gift to a friend. I highly doubt Steam will match this price.

EDIT: aparently the voucher did work on Hitman yesterday for a short time, so its probably the same case here, act fast if you want it

#247 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Rhaknar said:

sorry if old (cant be that old) but GMG has Sleeping Dogs for 66% off at the moment (Steamworks so you can, well, HAVE to redeam on Steam) AND you can use the current 30% voucher aswell AND you get either cash back or GMG credit for future purchase.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pt/en/pc/games/action/sleeping-dogs-limited-edition/

30% voucher

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

just insert that in the little voucher slot at checkout, worked for me, just bought it to gift to a friend. I highly doubt Steam will match this price.

EDIT: aparently the voucher did work on Hitman yesterday for a short time, so its probably the same case here, act fast if you want it

Thank you! I fucking love GMG. Clever use of the vouchers and BOOM! a brand new game for £7 (less £3 cashback, so technically £4).

One of the few games I was actually waiting for during the sales, and GMG undercut Steam (presumably) by more than half the price... I can't see them dropping in much further than 50%. Even so, it's never going to be as cheap as that.

#248 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

My current haul.

Time Gentlemen, Please!
1.24 USD
Botanicula
2.49 USD
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
4.99 USD
Mark of the Ninja
11.24 USD
Unity of Command
9.99 USD
Rocketbirds
2.49 USD
Scribblenauts Unlimited
19.99 USD
Subtotal
52.43 USD

I overpayed for scribblenauts but otherwise I'm happy with what I got.

#249 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

I don't know. I was kind of hoping Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Ultimate would be on sale. I would like to play it on the PC With all the released content.

#250 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@FritzDude said:

I don't know. I was kind of hoping Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Ultimate would be on sale. I would like to play it on the PC With all the released content.

the word on the street is that it might never be on sale on Steam again, since it was self published there by 38 studios themselves, who are now of course, dead.

the Origin version was published by EA so they have it on sale now and then (and whatever online store sells Origin keys has it on sale too I guess)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.