Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

The Steam Autumn/Spring Sale has begun!

• 136 results
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#101  Edited By golguin

@peasantabuse said:

@golguin said:

Rogue Legacy is $5.09. Should I buy it now or will it get cheaper?

It's a daily deal so that's the cheapest it will be. Have fun, it's a great game.

Well, I tried to fix my laptop issue of not being able to open Catalyst Control Center by updating my drivers and reinstalling the damn thing and it still wouldn't work.

After about 5 hours of trying different methods and almost screwing up my laptop I'm done. I gave up several months ago during the Steam Summer Sale when I tried to fix this problem (I wanted to play Dues Ex in 1080 on my TV) and I'm giving up again.

Now I don't think its worth buying Rogue Legacy if I have to play it at 720 on my TV and have black empty space all around it. I was super hopeful about finally figuring this thing out too.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

So far bought FTL and Gone Home. Hopefully Stanley Parable goes on sale.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#103  Edited By Humanity

I'm waiting for a bigger sale on the Dishonored DLC but at this point I don't know if I care anymore.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up buying Rogue Legacy because I wanted to see what it was all about. I connected my laptop to my TV and waited around 15 minutes for the initial install. 5 minutes later the game crashes and my laptop just shuts down. I turn on my laptop and I get a blue screen telling me my computer was unable to restart and now its running Startup Repair, which I apparently can't cancel.

Thanks PC gaming.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By TheHT
    uhhh, what.
    uhhh, what.
    OHGODOHGODOHGOD
    OHGODOHGODOHGOD

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to pick up Dark Souls and Brothers, but I don't think Paypal will transfer my money in time.

I should probably get a credit card one of these days...

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Still waiting on The Swapper to go on a flash sale or something.

Also, I was looking at Risk of Rain's Steam page, and they quoted Patrick...weird. I hafta imagine that happens more often than I realize, but when I'm steam (or purchase any game, for that matter), it's usually an entirely impulsive purchase, or one I already knew I was gonna make going in, so I never really scroll down that far.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By Coafi

Today's deal are not that great. I ended up getting Rogue Legacy and I'm thinking about getting System Shock 2, just to see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone who hasn't gotten Papers, Please should jump on that now.

Edit: Huh, it seems Steam is still adjusting prices, FFVII went down and so did Killing Floor.

@golguin said:

I ended up buying Rogue Legacy because I wanted to see what it was all about. I connected my laptop to my TV and waited around 15 minutes for the initial install. 5 minutes later the game crashes and my laptop just shuts down. I turn on my laptop and I get a blue screen telling me my computer was unable to restart and now its running Startup Repair, which I apparently can't cancel.

Thanks PC gaming.

Dang, that sucks. Now, I'm scared to try it out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm slowly starting to become more apathetic to these sales that might have to do with the fact that I have nearly 200 games already. The only thing I really want to go on sale are the Warframe starter packs. I mean they are at $20 right now but if that $50 pack would just come down some more.... I might get that. Getting tired of my shitty default rifle and don't want to pay the exorbitant amount of money it costs to buy new Warframes/Weapons normally.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By TheHT

I realised I kinda don't want to play Papers, Please. Had that moment where I was about to add it to my cart and thought "will you really play this anytime soon?" Maybe if it ever gets down to 2.50 down the line, but right now I'm good with what I've already seen.

Though I'll definitely replay Dark Souls on the PC and try out that DLC I've heard so much about. Gonna be weird playing it with a mouse and keyboard, but I really don't want to deal with fuckin xJoy or whatever to hook up my PS3 controller.

Also snagged Van Helsing Complete. That game looks solid! The thaumaturge looks like a good time.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theht said:

Though I'll definitely replay Dark Souls on the PC and try out that DLC I've heard so much about. Gonna be weird playing it with a mouse and keyboard, but I really don't want to deal with fuckin xJoy or whatever to hook up my PS3 controller.

I'm just going to say that will be a horrible time. Even with the mousefix, it's a hellish nightmare to play that game with M&KB.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Huh, I've never wanted to play Dark Souls before but now I see it there for $6, interesting. I'll wait till it's going for $2.50

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siroptimusprime: And of course it's somehow more comfortable for me. xD

Without Dark Souls Mousefix you can't even use the mouse for anything but some menus, but with it I'm having an alright time with it. Granted I haven't gotten to any crazy fights or anything, just quickly whizzed through the Asylum, and I didn't have any issues once I knew what keys/buttons did what.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

Thanks PC gaming.

I found your problem.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@theht: Then more power to ya, 'cause I can't stand those controls.

(also text editor, what are you doing)

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SexyToad

New flash sale duders!

• Cities XL platinum 80% off
    • Starforge Alpha 40% off
    • Tropico 4 %80% off
    • The Binding of Isac 75% off

What do you guys think of StarForge? I'm interested in it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

Thanks PC gaming.

I found your problem.

I've played Dota 2, Torchlight 1 and 2, and Amnesia on that same laptop. You're telling me that Rogue Legacy was too graphically intense and crashed my laptop?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You're welcome.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:
    No Caption Provided

You're welcome.

There might be an even larger discount seeing as this isn't a daily or flash sale.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@davidwitten22 said:

@golguin said:

Thanks PC gaming.

I found your problem.

I've played Dota 2, Torchlight 1 and 2, and Amnesia on that same laptop. You're telling me that Rogue Legacy was too graphically intense and crashed my laptop?

I'm saying that, at least in my experience, laptop gaming is nothing but headaches, problems, and crappy hardware. The games that work and don't work can seem to be incredibly arbitrary and the hardware is very unreliable. I've had nothing but success with desktops, but laptops for gaming purposes seem to cause nothing but problems. I understand your frustration though, as my laptop does stuff like that all the time.

Don't buy an HP laptop my friends.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By gike987

@psylah: Euro Truck 2 is a game that could likely get a daily. I would wait until the last day.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ripelivejam

@gike987 said:

@psylah: Euro Truck 2 is a game that could likely get a daily. I would wait until the last day.

No Caption Provided

no need

my personal dilemma is divinity dragon commander or state of decay. kinda leaning towards state of decay as it's cheaper and seems fun but i do like hybrid strategery rpg thingies. suggestions?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Coafi

This is probably a dumb question but, if in the system requirements it says that I need "2.4 GHZ or greater " and my computer has a "1.8 GHz" the game won't run at all? Even if I lower the settings?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By penguindust

Waited...and picked up Borderlands 2 Game of the Year for $30 bones! Also snagged Saints Row IV and Shadowrun RPG. I think I am good until 2014 now. Thanks PC gaming.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm on the verge about State of Decay. It's a game I've been eyeballing for some time now, but I don't know if €10 (€15 with the DLC) is a good enough price, considering I still have a plethora of games to play. Should I buy it now, or wait a month and grab it during the Holiday Sale?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi: It's just recommended. You could try and run it, but it may or may not run as great as you may like.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm, The Walking Dead: Season Two was 25% off an hour ago, now it's back down to 10%...

maybe it'll end up being a daily/flash at 25% off.

Batman: Arkham Origins is supposed to be $19.99 on Amazon tomorrow, wonder if Steam will match that.

As I had it explained to me by an Amazon representative, the deals that appear on Amazon are set up by the publishers. In turn, I'm willing to bet that it will show up on Steam as well for that price.

I know this because I had an issue where I bought Tomb Raider on Amazon because it was cheaper than Steam, but then Steam had it cheaper the next day...and then the Tomb Raider on Amazon went down to the same price. Amazon gave me credit for the difference on that one thankfully.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By BisonHero

Wait, NBA2K14 is $14.99? Isn't that kinda cheap for a game that just came out, or am I missing something?

Are they just really desperate for PC sales? Or do all the basketball fans buy that game the week of release, so EA is super desperate for any sales once a few weeks have passed?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad said:

@coafi: It's just recommended. You could try and run it, but it may or may not run as great as you may like.

I ain't gonna risk it then. :/

I picked up Cook, Serve, Delicious! it's on sale for $5, such a fun game!

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'm sort of let down by this year's sale. Not a lot I want. Still waiting for Batmang Origin to go on a deeper discount than it's already at, but I'm going to pick up Risk of Rain. I hope that Stanley Parable goes on at some point, too.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Yessss. Shadow Warrior for 75% off.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stanley Parable! Now I'm good. Picked up Spelunky, Stanley Parable, and Gone Home.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only thing that has been remotely tempting was Spelunky for 3.50 everything else is so yawn worthy.

dionysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Payday 2 is really cool and sub-$10/license. My brother recommended the demo to me and we've been having a great time playing this online with my kids. I'd only recommend it if you have 4 people you regularly play co-op with, but it's definitely been worth the price of the 4-pack for me.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ripelivejam

I'm sort of let down by this year's sale.

which is pretty much what everyone's said since the first steam sale

i'm a little disappoint too. winter sale may be better. my cc also got compromised so that also kind of put a halt on my spending too. kinda wishing i got euro truck sim now :'(

so far i only got:

resogun i mean retrograde

state of decay

outlast

gone home

some sleepy dawgz dlc

saint's row 4 (technically amazon)

all of which i will barely/never play :)

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got GRID 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.